Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD 10.9 screen freezes and the software crashes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fixed:

What didn't work: reset (pressing the steering wheel scrolls), powering down, turning off fsd for short period of time and driving around the city.

What worked for some peculiar reason:
Turning off the fsd and driving couple of miles (6+) including some highways with highway autopilot engaged. Now it works again.

• Informative
Reactions: Fernand and cobra
Tried to use 10.9 this morning. I was sitting at a stoplight waiting for the light to turn green to turn left. When the light changed the emergency warning came on and the whole thing crashed. Tried again but when I reached the next intersection, it crashed again. Tried to put it on autopilot and it wasn't working. I did a soft reboot and that didn't change anything. Will try a complete system reboot and see if that helps.

Fixed:

What didn't work: reset (pressing the steering wheel scrolls), powering down, turning off fsd for short period of time and driving around the city.

What worked for some peculiar reason:
Turning off the fsd and driving couple of miles (6+) including some highways with highway autopilot engaged. Now it works again.
Thanks for the fix. I did the same and included a system reboot. Now everything seems to be working.

Although the two button salute for the screen computer reboots it, I haven't been able to do a system reboot for months.

I used to do the power off from the menu, with phone in Airplane mode, sit motionless in the car and wait 10 minutes. I'd see the mirrors fold, hear the contactors drop, total dead silence. Then tapping the brake it would takes like over a minute to re-boot and be running again.

I asked at Tesla service and got contradictory answers. Some techs said it was never made to reboot. Others said it's been "disabled" now. Can someone point me to a reliable method to fully cycle both computers, short of pulling the cables?

Thanks

Although the two button salute for the screen computer reboots it, I haven't been able to do a system reboot for months.

I used to do the power off from the menu, with phone in Airplane mode, sit motionless in the car and wait 10 minutes. I'd see the mirrors fold, hear the contactors drop, total dead silence. Then tapping the brake it would takes like over a minute to re-boot and be running again.

I asked at Tesla service and got contradictory answers. Some techs said it was never made to reboot. Others said it's been "disabled" now. Can someone point me to a reliable method to fully cycle both computers, short of pulling the cables?

Thanks

Changing the wheel configuration used to trigger some sort of deep reboot. Not sure if that is still the case or not.

We have lost our second thumb wheel on the right side of the steering wheel. My 2020 S lost it over a month ago with 10.7? today with 10.9 our 2019 X lost the right thumb wheel. anyone seeing this happen. A ranger looked at mine and said yes it was bad, I've been waiting almost a month for a replacement part, now I'm wondering if it is a software bug?? Almost instantly when the software was loaded. Cant text or call anyone without difficulty.