Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD 11.3.6, cruise control and fsd icon on instrument panel intermittent, FSD won't engage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Folks: Before I reach out to Tesla SC, I though I would share my issue. FSD 11.3.6 was loaded on my 2017 X about a month ago. Did not have an opportunity to use it very often but what I did experience on the highway was pretty good. Now the cruise control and autopilot icons are intermittent--repeatedly going on and off. Needless to say, when they are off, FSD and cruise do not work. I tried recalibrating the cameras but that did not help. Has anyone else, had this experience? Is there a do it yourself remedy? Thanks.

Wow! What good is that??? Been using FSD for several years now (several software versions) and never had this experience before.
It only happens for me when the car believes that it is crowded by stuff on the side of the road. FSDb will operate just fine under those conditions, but it won't allow me to engage. I encounter the problem when I'm in an outside lane and there is vegetation, signs and other stuff within about 10 feet of the road edge. If I'm trying to engage in those circumstances, I wait for a turning lane to pop up between me and the road edge because FSDb doesn't then feel "crowded". If I'm on a multilane roadway, I move away from the outside lane. Hopefully Tesla will eliminate this behavior in the next update.

Glad I searched here. I thought I was going nuts. I've cleaned the cameras several times, but there's a stretch of road near my house that has always worked before, where I now get the "flickering steering wheel indication" problem. It's double strange since this is two wide lanes each directions, stripes are well painted, and few stop lights, i.e. practically a freeway. In fact, the problem is only on the northbound side. It still works fine on the other side. Looks like I'll just ignore it until I get an 11.4.x release.