Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD 2021.44.30.15 Update Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Realistically, a situation where you HAVE to cross middle lanes is pretty rare. Most of the time FSD tries to do it is when traffic in front is just slow and it wants to go around them.

I would actually prefer FSD not support this kind of behavior until they get to the "trailing 9s". FSD has so many bigger issues, and incorrectly jumping into oncoming lane can be extremely dangerous
Actually in marked neighborhood roads this is very common. We have cyclists and joggers on the side … a lot. Without crossing the middle line, it Would be impractical.

Now that I've had some time to test FSD 10.10, I'm seeing some poor behavior that appears to be regression:
  • I feel a lot of minor PB events. Generally nothing that needs to be countered with the accelerator, but it makes for a less comfortable ride.
  • Unprotected lefts have gotten worse.
  • Occasionally, FSD will jerk the steering wheel back and forth slightly while going straight down the road. Seems to be in response to opposing traffic even though there is no threat. It's not a big swerve, but uncomfortable.
  • If the car pulls up to a long line of cars at a traffic light on a two lane undivided road, it will often crank the wheel left and try to cross the double yellow line to pass the cars. This is very bad!
  • Sometimes when the car makes a left turn at a traffic light, it will slow way down below the displayed max speed and needs some encouragement with the accelerator.
  • I've noticed that the car does not always adjust the max speed when a new speed limit is recognized and displayed.

Reactions: edseloh and Goose66
I had lots of problems with the car wanting to cross the double-yellow line into oncoming traffic when waiting in line for lights. Reported it via detailed email with timestamps to Autopilot snapshots. It’s unfortunate that Tesla has chosen to increase the frequency of this behavior rather than decrease it. Here, neighborhoods with cars parked on the road usually have no lines. If there’s a double yellow line then you can’t park on that street. There is absolutely no reason outside of some real anomaly that you would need to cross a double yellow line to go around something.

There is absolutely no reason outside of some real anomaly that you would need to cross a double yellow line to go around something.
While I agree that FSD does attempt to go around stopped cars too freely, light at red lights as you mentioned, there are plenty of occasions when it is proper and desirable to do so. In fact it happens to me nearly every day. Any time there is an Amazon/UPS/FedEx delivery truck stopped at the side of the road, FSD correctly attempts to pass by crossing over the double yellow line.

Reactions: Thp3 and EVNow
Just tested the latest version of FSD Beta, 2021.44.30.15. I've been in the program since October (2020 Mod Y Perf) and this is the first serious problem I've encountered. This update was the one they had to push out because of the NHSTA concerns about optional rolling stops - something that was not a problem at all, but I digress. Today's update started throwing serious errors almost immediately. The first one was an "Emergency Braking Disabled" message that would not clear until I ended my trip and started again. The next two errors happened at freeways speeds (on the I-5 in San Diego). The RED WHEEL immediately appeared telling me to take immediate control - except I already had control and had barely engaged FSD. The car has never behaved this way. Fearing these were counting as forced disengagements (I've never had one), I did not test it further. I sent a note to service tonight. Anyone else had any issues with 44.30.15?
I have never had any strikes until I downloaded this version last Sunday. The first day I drove the car I had 2 strikes. Both times were on the freeway and the car "glitched" - please apply slight pressure to steering wheel warnings, which I usually clear by changing volume up or down or if that doesn't work jerking the wheel slightly. This time neither of those worked. I even tried to disengage FSD by moving the gear selector up in one case.. no go. I get the red flashing take control immediately and a strike each time. Absolutely undeserved. I had a few similar cases in the past but I would see a message that the system had malfunctioned and wasn't given a strike. I've driven thousands of miles on FSD and never had 1 strike and now 2 in one day. Does any one know if Tesla will address this if I were to send an email to [email protected] or is that just for data collection. I'm also curious to see if anyone out there has had the number of strikes reset on subsequent updates. I feel really cheated getting these two strikes right after one another.