Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD 3.0 upgrade resulting in (significantly) more sentry mode detections?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all

I’m curious as to whether anyone else has noticed this. I got my FSD 3.0 upgrade a month ago here in Denmark, and since then, the number of sentry mode detected events has gone up... by almost 2 orders of magnitude. Where I might typically have had 0 or 1 detected events, I now have 70 or 80.

It happens regardless of where I park - in my carport where there’s nothing blowing around that I can see (just the occasional passer-by a couple meters out in the street), in parking lots where trees and branches might be blowing around, etc.

It’s not actually generating any more alarms, just the “alerts” that get recorded without an alarm. And I don’t necessarily think it’s a bad thing. But I am curious if this is a natural consequence of something that happens with the upgrade, or if it potentially means that either my sentry mode is now broken, or possibly was previously. ;)

Far too many alerts to explore, but I’ve definitely looked at a couple where I didn’t see anything at all. Maybe a fly hitting the camera for all I know...

Any similar experiences?

Hi all

I’m curious as to whether anyone else has noticed this. I got my FSD 3.0 upgrade a month ago here in Denmark, and since then, the number of sentry mode detected events has gone up... by almost 2 orders of magnitude. Where I might typically have had 0 or 1 detected events, I now have 70 or 80.

It happens regardless of where I park - in my carport where there’s nothing blowing around that I can see (just the occasional passer-by a couple meters out in the street), in parking lots where trees and branches might be blowing around, etc.

It’s not actually generating any more alarms, just the “alerts” that get recorded without an alarm. And I don’t necessarily think it’s a bad thing. But I am curious if this is a natural consequence of something that happens with the upgrade, or if it potentially means that either my sentry mode is now broken, or possibly was previously. ;)

Far too many alerts to explore, but I’ve definitely looked at a couple where I didn’t see anything at all. Maybe a fly hitting the camera for all I know...

Any similar experiences?
I don't know, but I could see this being due to the more powerful computer being able to better detect motion on the fly. If you have a vehicle with MCU2, I believe you can look at the video on the screen now and jump straight to the event. That could help with your "far too many alerts to explore" comment if you have the desire and aren't already using the functionality.

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
I don't know, but I could see this being due to the more powerful computer being able to better detect motion on the fly. If you have a vehicle with MCU2, I believe you can look at the video on the screen now and jump straight to the event. That could help with your "far too many alerts to explore" comment if you have the desire and aren't already using the functionality.

Yeah, that was my guess as well. Like I said, I looked at some of them and didn’t see anything, but I’ve looked at others and did see something. Don’t know if the cameras not being recorded still trigger it...

It is not universal...if anything, I get fewer alerts since the upgrade.

Good to know. Doesn’t bring me any closer to sated curiosity, but still good to know. ;)