Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD 6k vs 10k

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From what I understand, FSD has always been a future feature pricing/"discount", while EAP was purchasing of actual products/features. Therefore, what has changed is the "discount". When most versions of EAP were available to buy, Tesla has always communicated that the earlier you purchase FSD, the less you'd be paying for the same product that others in the future would be paying more for.

As (what back then was) future features were released, what's changed is the FSD discount getting less and less (final pricing TBD, of course, so we don't really know how much discount it is/was).

Reactions: mikes_fsd
As we sit here today, what has changed from when FSD was 6k till now when it’s 10k? Do you think they will offer EAP again and will that price go up? EAP for 4k 5 weeks ago, gets you exactly what 10k for FSD gets you today.
That isnt factually correct. EAP does not include an upgrade to the "FSD computer" (hardware 3). I am also fairly sure that it doesnt include anything to do with traffic and stop sign control.

So the difference between EAP and FSD right now is traffic light and stop light control, and the FSD computer (if you dont have it already)

Autopilot and Full Self-Driving Capability

Screen Shot 2020-11-19 at 7.15.47 PM.png

From what I understand, FSD has always been a future feature pricing/"discount", while EAP was purchasing of actual products/features. Therefore, what has changed is the "discount". When most versions of EAP were available to buy, Tesla has always communicated that the earlier you purchase FSD, the less you'd be paying for the same product that others in the future would be paying more for.

As (what back then was) future features were released, what's changed is the FSD discount getting less and less (final pricing TBD, of course, so we don't really know how much discount it is/was).
NoA wasn't available until well after EAP was introduced as an option.

NoA wasn't available until well after EAP was introduced as an option.

NOA was available in the latest EAP offering. The only thing that EAP didn't include last time was the Traffic light and stop sign control.

Since most of the potential realized value in FSD seems to be in the ability to use your car in the Robotaxi fleet, what if there were two different subscription models? One that allows you to utilize your car in the robotaxi fleet and make money, and one that allows you to utilize FSD only when driver occupied.

A lot of people including my self, have no desire to let their cars go out in the robotaxi fleet. This is why the cost of FSD doesn't work for me.

Seems like two different subscription models might be a good approach for Tesla to cast as wide a net as possible on the FSD subscriptions.

Reactions: SeminoleFSU
That isnt factually correct. EAP does not include an upgrade to the "FSD computer" (hardware 3). I am also fairly sure that it doesnt include anything to do with traffic and stop sign control.

So the difference between EAP and FSD right now is traffic light and stop light control, and the FSD computer (if you dont have it already)

Autopilot and Full Self-Driving Capability

View attachment 610131

Right, I forgot about the one distinction in functionality. Not having the traffic light and stop sign control.

I already have Hardware 3, so theres no value there for new owners.

Right, I forgot about the one distinction in functionality. Not having the traffic light and stop sign control.

I already have Hardware 3, so theres no value there for new owners.

There are plenty (and I mean PLENTY) of "is FSD worth it? or "FSD should be a $10 a month subscription" posts in various sections here, so I am not interested in that debate at all. I will let those who are interested in rehashing that, do so. I was just saying that the statement "EAP is the same thing as FSD" is factually incorrect. Whether someone thinks that extra current feature (and any other upcoming features) is "worth it" is on them.