Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD, a massive fail for TESLA! What secret mantra have I missed?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great, but if you're a Tesla stock owner, you're already funding FSD anyways and getting much better ROI now versus paying for FSD beta with nothing to show for IF you haven't been accepted as a beta tester.
Buying TSLA does not fund Tesla FSD development. Tesla does not see any of that money. It is simply trading shares that were issued years ago.

No, it’s not. You can’t downgrade software version to get beta. They don’t have it.
Um, yes it is possible - got FSD Beta first month of FSD subscription.

That month expired (June 2022) then I hopped back in subs when 10.69 was released in September. I drove FSD Beta again that time.

The car keeps the software version - it does not down grade but FSD/FSD beta is disabled when not subscribed.

Attachments

• 20221016_195446.jpg
    20221016_195446.jpg
    282.8 KB · Views: 453
Last edited:
Um, yes it is possible - got FSD Beta first month of FSD subscription.

That month expired (June 2022) then I hopped back in subs when 10.69 was released in September. I drove FSD Beta again that time.

The car keeps the software version - it does not down grade but FSD/FSD beta is disabled when not subscribed.
Youre missing what im saying. 2022.36.2 can not be taken to the lower beta software version 2022.20.18 to access the beta. whatever version you had when you got the beta, as a lower software version number.

• Informative
Reactions: RoBoRaT
Outside of it being a FSD beta and directing me into two sets of barriers of a closed commuting lane, twice, I understand what the beta highway version is simply all about, being, a Highway integrated, vehicle, operator assisted, navigation system(HIVONS) that doesn’t make critical decisions for you, but gives you time to correct what it is guiding you into, like swerving off the the highway and not reducing speed for a navigation selected highway exits. HIVONS does not handle concurrency well, as you know, like a trial and error a learning AI neural net might anticipating faulty lane changing behavior in heavy traffic some times. My beta at one point had the normal audio directions on and the audio from the beta on, talking to me concurrently. This happened immediately after upper clicking the right steering wheel stalk exiting the highway turning off all navigation or so I thought. I had to issue the verbal command “disable navigation” for voiceophrenic directions to cease. Yes I cleared the touch screen navigation dialog box. I’m sure its all hallucinations since I never read the user guide. This is how i find out what appears like errors, but are really features you didn’t know about all along. My first report was driving to Wilmington N.C. just lane and cruise control, GREAT product! My second with all (f/s/d) features supposedly running, was on my trip back to Washington. I think some exception neural net highway testing with New York Drivers in the driver’s seat in high density traffic is required? Especially with poor highway lane markings along I-95. Maybe Model 3 Long Range vehicles don’t have the capacity F/S/D cars do. Hopefully all of this was an hallucination while driving a really great car. I hope I’m not breaking any taboo about reporting my experience. If so let me know and mums the word. Fortunately my subscription is expiring soon and further tales will cease forever. Visual vehicle guidance is a tough business. Fortunately human beings are multi-sensory organisms.

Outside of it being a FSD beta and directing me into two sets of barriers of a closed commuting lane, twice, I understand what the beta highway version is simply all about, being, a Highway integrated, vehicle, operator assisted...
Please stop using the wrong term. You are confusing people since you don't have FSD Beta. You have FSD Capability package and driving on Autopilot/Autosteer (or Navigate on Autopilot), but NOT FSD Beta. Autopilot is the term you need to be using since that is what you are driving on.

You are on 22.36.2 and that is regular software. FSD Beta is 22.20.18 which you do NOT have.

Now you will have a ton of posts (from confused people because you are using the wrong terms) responding to your about FSD Beta which are NOT applicable.

Screen Shot 2022-10-17 at 7.18.09 PM.png

Last edited:
Search FSD Beta full drive version 10.69. 2.1 on youtube and you can see exactly how good/bad fsb beta is in it's current actual beta stage.

It's very clear to see that it is extremely reliable in the current state and only getting better every day.

See for yourself with your own eyes, video does not lie and includes proof that you need to make a determination. People sitting here and flaming their own opinions have no idea and no proof to back up their weird accusations of FSD.

Look for yourself and see the proof how well it is going right now

Reactions: drtimhill
I found driving with it petrifying, and yes, i was using "FSD Beta" from the factory, and not "FSD Beta 10.X.X" - so I guess FSD 9, which had no street use, and extremely limited highway functionality.
I did like the lane changes - a lot.
the rest was at times fine, and at times horrific to dangerous. Like accelerating versus coasting to a stop. what if there was ice or the ground was slick? a coast might have been fine, but not accelerating just to hit the brakes hard.
I read a review somewhere of the tester saying he felt like it was a 16 year old getting their permit, and half the time was okay, and half was trying to kill him.
You were using the FSD Preview, not FSD Beta. FSD Beta is totally different, you might as well compare a computer to a typewriter.

You’ve got to be kidding! This is an unbelievable black eye for the whole concept of FSD IN THE TESLA CULT! FSD is the worst performing unsafe phantom breaking experience I THOUGHT I’DE NEVER HAVE!

Unless i missed some secret activation mantra, Without 5 megapixel cameras and real radar FSD iS an accident waiting to happen. I bought a months subscription and it would only activate in beta mode. I hope I’m making a mistake in activation, if not, FSD is a big no-op for customers and a big hustle by TESLA.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WITH FACT I’M IMAGINING THINGS/
Yes, you're imagining things. You didn't have the FSD Beta, aka "City Streets Beta". So you are complaining about the poor quality of something you didn't have. Unless you get approved to join the beta program by Tesla, the monthly FSD subscription gets you stuff like Smart Summon but NOT the city streets FSD beta.

Yes, you're imagining things. You didn't have the FSD Beta, aka "City Streets Beta". So you are complaining about the poor quality of something you didn't have. Unless you get approved to join the beta program by Tesla, the monthly FSD subscription gets you stuff like Smart Summon but NOT the city streets FSD beta.

Looks like @Jim Perkins is driving around thinking he has FSDb when he actually does not. Now the rants make sense

Reactions: drtimhill