Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Add still old price

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FSD usability / suitability discussions go in the FSD subforum which is here:

This thread was left here because it was specifically about adding it to an order after dropping it, etc. Please direct any feedback on the actual featureset to the above subforum.

What about resale value? does FSD add anything? In five years if I decide to sell my model 3, FSD may cost two or three times as much, no? Wouldn't it make my car more desireable?
@Fifthmonkee That probably depends on how useful FSD becomes. So far the used car market assigns little value to it from what I've seen. That's probably because for a long time Tesla FSD was complete vaporware, and even now it's basically just a novelty, and with limited access.

If "Full Self Driving" ever becomes a reality I imagine that would be desirable and valuable. On the flip side, in general cars depreciate (shortages aside), and the more you load a car up with expensive options the more it'll depreciate in absolute terms. Special options on rare limited quantity cars might possibly retain value, but there is nothing exotic or unique about a Model 3 with FSD, it's an extremely mass-produced car. I think it's highly doubtful that buying FSD would end up being a good investment purchase.

If you want FSD buy it, but don't justify it to yourself as a monetary investment.

Last edited:
You need to ask "all of this" to Tesla. Nothing you read here is enforceable, so no matter what anyone replies to you on matters of "what happens with my order", the only voice that matters is the one you are buying from, and thats someone from tesla.

Since you already once "ordered FSD then dropped it", there is a chance that changing anything on your order yourself, including adding FSD will re calculate your entire order to new pricing now. The only one that can tell you whether that will happen is Tesla. There are some stipulations that I am not aware of, that dictate whether you can add FSD and not re calculate everything or not.

I think, but dont know, that part of that stipulation was that you had not done that yet, but you have. Go to a tesla store and ask a tesla representative, or call a tesla sales center and ask. Other than that, you are taking your chances, because as I said, no matter what is said here, no one is going to refund you anything if they made a mistake in saying "Oh yeah you can do XXX".
The man is right. Some people here will give you answer as if they're an expert or Tesla insider but sadly the ultimate answer still need to come from Tesla. Seek opinions here only