TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

FSD after Delivery

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by MyTruSkillz, Aug 2, 2018.

1. MyTruSkillz

MyTruSkillz New Member

Res. Oct 2017
    Ordered June 27 P3D, Blue, Aero, EAP
    Updated Order July 15 to White Interior
    Delivery window: Aug-Oct

Based on the awesome update from the earnings call yesterday. I decided I want FSD now. I still have the edit button, but called to see if adding FSD would put me to the back of the delivery line.

I was informed by the sales guy that it would. He recommended that I don't edit my config and that i would have up to 30 days after delivery to add it for the same $3k price as if it were originally in my config.

Can anyone confirm this is true?

2. Thomas Edison

Thomas Edison Active Member

I spoke with a delivery supervisor today and she told me that editing does in fact not push you back in line. It puts you at the same time stamp in line that you would have been if your new config was the original. She literally said the forums are not the authority and that they are.:D

3. PessimiStick

PessimiStick Member

I'm planning to do the same thing, but I don't have a VIN or an ISA yet. I figured I'll just have it added on once I have someone to talk to, since it's literally just a software toggle.

4. wesley888

wesley888 Member

I just edited my configuration few hours ago, and my estimate is push from Sep-Nov to Oct-Dec. I don't know where the actual line is in but the estimate is moved.

5. scottman71

scottman71 Member

I was about to post the same question. Thinking I may add as well. Is V9 something that will be available on the M3 as well?

6. bomquito

bomquito Member

what's so new about FSD? Is there a feature that you can utilize right away?

7. dailo

dailo Member

If it is anything like when EAP was first rolled out, it will be a long time before anything meaningful comes out of it. But if you're just financing another 3k, it probably isn't a big deal.

8. nospam4chris

nospam4chris New Member

I had the same happen to me, and this was after I talked to Tesla to confirm that it wouldn't happen. I called back last night, spoke with them, they confirmed again that it shouldn't happen and to take the "Oct-Dec" with a grain of salt. They did give me the name of my sales rep, who I spoke with this morning. He reaffirmed that it shouldn't have happened and was going to have a ticket opened with the account team. He was suppose to call me this afternoon, but as it is now almost 9:30pm where I live, that obviously hasn't happened. I will be calling back in the late morning, early afternoon if I haven't heard back. Assuming my original place in line did not change, I'm glad I made the change last night instead of tonight since prices went up. Though I probably could have just waited until delivery.

• Informative x 1
  9. wesley888

wesley888 Member

Good to know! Keep us posted!

• Like x 1
  10. Thomas Edison

Thomas Edison Active Member

Is anyone able to confirm the original question OP asked?

11. RDoc

RDoc S85D

Don't get FSD now, put the money into TSLA and wait. If they actually do come out with FSD, the appreciation in the stock will pay for it.

• Like x 1
  12. Forcelite

Forcelite Member

FYI model 3 will OS v9