Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD after Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Res. Oct 2017
Ordered June 27 P3D, Blue, Aero, EAP
Updated Order July 15 to White Interior
Delivery window: Aug-Oct

Based on the awesome update from the earnings call yesterday. I decided I want FSD now. I still have the edit button, but called to see if adding FSD would put me to the back of the delivery line.

I was informed by the sales guy that it would. He recommended that I don't edit my config and that i would have up to 30 days after delivery to add it for the same $3k price as if it were originally in my config.

Can anyone confirm this is true?

Res. Oct 2017
Ordered June 27 P3D, Blue, Aero, EAP
Updated Order July 15 to White Interior
Delivery window: Aug-Oct

Based on the awesome update from the earnings call yesterday. I decided I want FSD now. I still have the edit button, but called to see if adding FSD would put me to the back of the delivery line.

I was informed by the sales guy that it would. He recommended that I don't edit my config and that i would have up to 30 days after delivery to add it for the same $3k price as if it were originally in my config.

Can anyone confirm this is true?
I spoke with a delivery supervisor today and she told me that editing does in fact not push you back in line. It puts you at the same time stamp in line that you would have been if your new config was the original. She literally said the forums are not the authority and that they are.:D

I just edited my configuration few hours ago, and my estimate is push from Sep-Nov to Oct-Dec. I don't know where the actual line is in but the estimate is moved.
I had the same happen to me, and this was after I talked to Tesla to confirm that it wouldn't happen. I called back last night, spoke with them, they confirmed again that it shouldn't happen and to take the "Oct-Dec" with a grain of salt. They did give me the name of my sales rep, who I spoke with this morning. He reaffirmed that it shouldn't have happened and was going to have a ticket opened with the account team. He was suppose to call me this afternoon, but as it is now almost 9:30pm where I live, that obviously hasn't happened. I will be calling back in the late morning, early afternoon if I haven't heard back. Assuming my original place in line did not change, I'm glad I made the change last night instead of tonight since prices went up. Though I probably could have just waited until delivery.

• Informative
Reactions: wesley888