Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD/AP display on center screen?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've seen videos of people with 3 or Ys where they can use their center (only) console as their FSD/AP view which shows a ton more useful information (basically can see more cars at a greater distance, etc) than the small instrument panel display on my S.

Am I missing a setting somewhere that would let me get the bigger more detailed view on the center console of my S? Or is that just something the S can't do?

@Scott Chapman - Depends on the age of your S. You need MCU2 or MCUZ to get the more detailed display. In addition, there is an option in the Controls -> Autopilot menu to enable the more advanced display. There is an even more advanced display if you're in the FSD beta (with color lines, etc.). So at least 3 different versions could be displayed.

@Scott Chapman - Depends on the age of your S. You need MCU2 or MCUZ to get the more detailed display. In addition, there is an option in the Controls -> Autopilot menu to enable the more advanced display. There is an even more advanced display if you're in the FSD beta (with color lines, etc.). So at least 3 different versions could be displayed.
I think he is asking can the FSD display be put onto the larger 17" center display of the Model S, instead of just the front instrument cluster display. I've been requesting this since FSD started, as the display on my wife's Model 3 provides much more information in an easier to see size - but no response (obviously lol). I have also requested the blind spot side repeater camera display available on the 3/Y be added to the Model S, but nothing there either. I have the upgraded MCU, and cameras, as well as FSD, so I don't think there a physical hardware issue involved - more likely it's a way to try to get folks to upgrade to the newer generation Model S/X vehicle, so that Tesla can concentrate on updating one main software version. Regardless, it is frustrating since legacy owners were assured the Model S/X would always be the most advanced tech in the line, but some features are just not being upgraded unless you have a 3/Y or new S/X.

Reactions: NJGC
I've seen videos of people with 3 or Ys where they can use their center (only) console as their FSD/AP view which shows a ton more useful information (basically can see more cars at a greater distance, etc) than the small instrument panel display on my S.

Am I missing a setting somewhere that would let me get the bigger more detailed view on the center console of my S? Or is that just something the S can't do?
Model 3 / Y vehicles only have a center display, so there is no other option where to put the FSD animation

@Scott Chapman - Yep, that's the option. Did you want the display to appear on the main display or was there something more you wanted on the IP display? FSD beta gets more screen info and colors, which I suspect is what you were looking for. I'm fairly sure there is no way to get that other than FSD beta. Hopefully, all that bought FSD will get that updated display in the next 6 weeks or so.

Just got FSD beta today. Oddly, the version is 2022.36.20. Not sure what to make of that, but clearly FSD beta is available now on my car and I've activated it. IP screen is now the more colorful version too. Perhaps that means they've mainstreamed FSD beta to all FSD owners.
The software version is 2022.36.20, which is the root for FSD Beta 10.69.3.1 - so you have the latest FSD Beta release as of right now

Reactions: cybergates
yeah finally got!!! Nearly 6 years waiting for model S but at least they came thru (Albeit 2K+ more for MCU 2). Working well

On the instrument cluster it can show FSD as a wider view (but that takes out the 2 side pockets I use for showing Nav and Media). I turned off that wider view but I did like it.

yeah finally got!!! Nearly 6 years waiting for model S but at least they came thru (Albeit 2K+ more for MCU 2). Working well

On the instrument cluster it can show FSD as a wider view (but that takes out the 2 side pockets I use for showing Nav and Media). I turned off that wider view but I did like it.
Wait, really? How did you get a wider view on the instrumentation cluster??

I have got the beta, but I do not see any such option (or anything similar) on my autopilot menu in the car's settings.
I have both a 2018 MCU to MS100D and a 2021 plaid model S.
I have only seen the full width FSD view on the 2018 MS 100D instrument cluster. I have yet to find any way to turn
it on, on my plaid model S on
2022.45.13 (FSD 11.3.4)
I’m guessing that the design of the Refreshed instrument cluster doesn’t really have the same disposable real estate since you don’t have an option of what you have on the left or right side of the screen…