Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD as a separate item

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered FSD at $7,100 before the price jump, but then when the cost of white paint reduced my total price Tesla updated my invoice to reflect that and at the same time decided to bump up my FSD to $8,500. I emailed them about it and asked for them to put it back to $7,100 but they refused.

Be thankful, I ordered a black X Performance, sans ludicrous. We would have preferred the pearl white, but since we plan on wrapping it, couldn't justify the price difference. When the price of the white dropped, we asked to alter it, but we would have been forced to get ludicrous since it was dropped as an option, along with the X price increase, making our car about $10k more expensive to change from black to white.

@jaykaye That sounds like it was effectively a cancel/reorder, which may also have had the side effect of knocking you back to a later delivery.

The thing is I never asked for them to change my order, they just did it. If I fell back in the queue then that's unfair but I can wait the extra couple of weeks. What sucks is that they bumped up the price of FSD through no action of my own. #nofair

I don't think so, none of my other pricing has changed, and I don't have ludicrous (it's a performance X), which it would have if it was a cancel/reorder. I don't think there's much of a queue for X anyway...

I haven't even got a VIN yet, so it's before invoice.