Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD: auto lane change

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wouldn't trust it either. I still look for merges and specific situations and if there are a lot of cars around. However it does a pretty decent job on it's own. I've found it changes lanes too often and there's no way to turn it off easily. I just go into the setting and set it to require confirmation and then ignore it. It won't let me stay in the HOV lane without annoying me.

Reactions: RSR.M3
I don't know how the car is supposed to learn, but I let it do everything on its own when I'm by myself to hopefully help it learn. Otherwise, I perform all the dicey maneuvers manually when I have any passengers in the car.

Today I was in a left lane in FSD and told Tesla to move into right lane. Just as I signaled, a car pulled into right lane from a highway entrance. The screen flashed red, Tesla stayed in lane (as it should) and I waited to either overtake the other car or for it to overtake me, then change lanes. Instead Tesla suddenly braked, hard. I accelerated and took over. Is this a normal behavior in such situations?

Not sure if this has been posted. Mercedes is coming out level 3 autopilot.

I am underwhelmed as it only runs on geofenced highway up to 60km/hr with all the expensive equipments.
I think Tesla’s FSD beats this hand down. What do you all think?