Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD - Avoid potholes and ruts in the road

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just drove down the I70 from Dillon to Denver in Colorado. The I70 has horrible ruts in the road surface (made by heavy trucks) - comming down from the Eisenhower tunnel form aprox 40 miles. Right now FSD 10.9 positions the car right in the middle of these ruts. There needs to be some way to offset the cars position in the lane to avoid situations like this - and also detect & avoid nasty potholes. Right now FSD is not usable as is on road conditions like this.

Reactions: powertoold
Before figuring out how to navigate around pot holes, they first still need to figure out how to navigate around crooked politicians, policies written to set Tesla back, never ending fiction written by paid off media, entitled owners bent on getting back at Tesla because they didn’t get something free, short sellers, NHTSA and their new leader that hates Tesla, and so on.

Way off topic I know. While avoiding pot holes and ruts would be amazing, I honestly don’t know how they find time to work on things with the road blocks they face.
It’s why I often support them fairly vigorously. They can use the help. :)

An offset control is going to be needed for this to become widely accepted. Hopefully they can use vision to avoid driving in ruts - which is how we human drivers handle this. It’s a refinement - they are still working on more basic stuff.

My favourite saying from running lots of software projects - ‘Last 20% takes 80% of the time”.