Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.10 Release Notes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got 10.10 last night. Today driving to work I'm getting intermittent "TAKE OVER IMMEDIATELY" red warnings with tones. These are happening at random times. I tried turning each safety feature off one at a time and was unable to stop this from happening. I also rebooted and powered down the car.
This happens on highway and city streets. It basically makes autopilot useless.
Hoping for a patch soon.
Update...I stopped for lunch and when I got back in the car the relays clunked like it had been in deep sleep or rebooted again.
City street drive for 5 miles with no warnings. Hopefully it is fixed and no one else experiences this bug.

First drive on 10.10 (from 10.8.1) - Smooth transition into turning lanes (in Florida where there are many turning lanes, this is huge). Car moves into correct lane one mile before the required turn (eases anxiety about late lane changes). No unnecessary braking for perpendicular crossing traffic, in fact no phantom braking at all in this first drive. Frankly, very impressed.

Update...I stopped for lunch and when I got back in the car the relays clunked like it had been in deep sleep or rebooted again.
City street drive for 5 miles with no warnings. Hopefully it is fixed and no one else experiences this bug.
I had this same problem on 10.9. It happened constantly anytime I had FSD enabled. After a while I finally realized that I should try rebooting and that seemed to fix it. Hopefully it's not a sign of a bigger issue or bug in the software. I only took one short drive on 10.10 so far but didn't notice anything similar yet.

Just wanted to give a heads up on an issue I have with 10.10 / 2021.44.30.15.

My Model Y downloaded and installed 10.10 last night, and I drove it to work fine this morning using FSD.
When I went to lunch, I was having a weird Spotify issue (it was skipping songs for no reason), so I rebooted.
Now the left side (driving lane) doesn't show the road - only my MY and other vehicles on the road. Because of this, it won't engage autopilot/cruise or FSD anymore.
I tried rebooting a few more times, and there was no change. I'll do a full shutdown when I get home tonight. I scheduled mobile service for Monday just in case I can't get this resolved myself.

Just wanted to give a heads up on an issue I have with 10.10 / 2021.44.30.15.

My Model Y downloaded and installed 10.10 last night, and I drove it to work fine this morning using FSD.
When I went to lunch, I was having a weird Spotify issue (it was skipping songs for no reason), so I rebooted.
Now the left side (driving lane) doesn't show the road - only my MY and other vehicles on the road. Because of this, it won't engage autopilot/cruise or FSD anymore.
I tried rebooting a few more times, and there was no change. I'll do a full shutdown when I get home tonight. I scheduled mobile service for Monday just in case I can't get this resolved myself.
Does turning off FSD and going back to the regular autopilot stack and visualization still work or did 10.10 break that too?

Does turning off FSD and going back to the regular autopilot stack and visualization still work or did 10.10 break that too?

I turned off FSD beta, and then re-opted in, and there was no change. I didn't wait for it to download a new FW, though.

What did fix it was doing a full shut down, waiting 5 mins, then pressing the brake pedal to bring the car back online.
So if anyone has this issue, try a shut down.

Version 2021.44.30.15 installed this morning. Everything looked normal on my first drive. But on the return trip I had several errors.

- Screen graphic showing the car path was frozen
- FSD would not engage. Temporarily unavailable.
- same thing for AutoSteer
- Regen braking stopped working

Tried rebooting a few times but it didn't help. Waiting now to see if there will be another update.

10.10 no longer slow down for speed bumps around my house and kids' schools. It uses to slow down to 17mph but now it doesn't and I have to brake late.

It still turn On blinkers for slight left curves going straight. Still scares drivers left of me turning left. They think the car will make a left turn into them.

Still doesn't stop for school buses that is in the motion of deploying their stop sign.

Anyone here got to roll through stops? I feel like mine takes extra time stopper, even with no cross traffic, and people behind get annoyed (or at least I think they do)
Thanks for the reply. For clarification, did you get a pending software update notification on your app while the app showed "In Service" status?

In addition, I am guessing the update could not download and install only because the car was not connected to a wifi while at the shop, correct?

I've done a few drives on 10.10. No strange behavior. Not sure that I see any improvement, but I'm currently away from home, so I don't have anything to directly compare to. But no computer issues (so far).

Anyone have numbers on how many folks getting 10.10?

From TeslaFi: TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker

1644022815020.png

• Informative
Reactions: ContrarianDC
See my post in this thread from this morning. Nothing has changed since then. In a rough estimate, about 20% of existing beta participants have 10.10 so far.

Interesting. Teslascope's population must skew very differently. Counting users from 10.5+ and up, there are 1722 in the Beta, broken down as follows:

33 on 10.10 <---- 1.9% of the total
554 on 10.9
1060 on 10.8.1
37 on 10.8
39 10.5

Interesting. Teslascope's population must skew very differently. Counting users from 10.5+ and up, there are 1722 in the Beta, broken down as follows:

33 on 10.10 <---- 1.9% of the total
554 on 10.9
1060 on 10.8.1
37 on 10.8
39 10.5
I hadn't looked at Teslascope. Yes, I wonder why the big difference. Teslascope does not appear to report on pending installations, but even that isn't enough to explain such a large difference.

My original numbers were just ballpark numbers - I didn't get out the calculator. So I went back and did so. Teslafi has 2516 beta participants, of which 329 have installed 10.10 and 121 have downloaded it but not yet installed it. 450/2516 is a little under 18%.

If you ignore the pending participants, that still leaves 13% who have installed 10.10. That's a LOT more than 1.9%.

(Putting my calculator away....)

Teslafi has about 2500 beta participants out of about 17000 total population. Teslascope has about 1700 beta participants out of about 12000 population. Those ratios seem to be in the same ballpark. So why does Teslafi show 329 installs, while Teslascope shows only 35?

I think there is something screwy about Teslascope's numbers. If you look back through their list of installations, you can count all 35 installs within the first few pages. But the oldest one is less than 24 hours ago (at the time that I write this). Yet they say they first saw it on February 1st. Most of Teslafi's installs were more than 24 hours ago. It looks like Teslascope lost a couple of days worth of data somehow.

It looks like Teslascope lost a couple of days worth of data somehow
I believe when Tesla (app) servers were down or responding incorrectly yesterday, it resulted in Teslascope users needing to re-authenticate, and most probably haven't done so yet.
Seems like we're still in the 20% rollout, so of the 54k FSD Beta fleet, that's around 11k vehicles that have FSD Beta 10.10 downloaded.

• Informative
Reactions: Gilliland
Thanks for the reply. For clarification, did you get a pending software update notification on your app while the app showed "In Service" status?

In addition, I am guessing the update could not download and install only because the car was not connected to a wifi while at the shop, correct?
The pending update message would come up when I would open the app but then quickly disappear before I could press it. It would also show up that I have a pending car update on TeslaMate.

Beta also could install over cell, so that was not an issue. I didn’t want to mess with it too much being in service and all.