Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.10 Release Notes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Weird, because 10.10 fully addressed the rolling stop recall. If they wanted to get everyone on that version to close out that recall, they could. They've chosen not to. In the same way that 10.9 was halted, to boot. Something else is going on here.
my guess and its just that, a guess, is that they rolled out 10.10 as proof of concept that they have removed the rolling stop, which is likely all the more proof they would need to show and then simply say all the cars will get updated in the next X months or something like that.

as for why they havn't rolled out the newer versions anyone's guess lol, mine is that they have been testing some of the fundamentals in v11 with these incremental rollouts in preparation for a wide v11 release. that would make sence but yeah there's 100 other things that would too lol.

Wondering whether various NHTSA stupid recalls are causing FSD Beta release delays ...

BTW, this Boombox recall is so that the pedestrian warning sound would be heard. That PWS itself was very controversial when it was introduced, so doubly weird.

I would be surprised if the team/engineers responsible for boombox/UX/chimes are the same as the team working on FSD. If they are different teams, they should be able to work in parallel…

Does the FSD team still analyze submitted footage from older versions like 10.8.1 or is it pointless now that it's been superseded twice?
Are you suggesting that you know they have team that is analyzing any of it? They could be analyzing all or it could all go into a black hole or some where in-between. Probably goes through some type of software that sorts and codes the errors and then aggregates them.....but who the hell knows?🤣

• Funny
Reactions: Ramphex
The NHTSA recalling stuff like the boombox is almost certainly a response to people submitting complaints. The game access while driving is a good example, it functioned that way for a full year before the recall and then a few owners were in the media talking about how they were aghast that people could play the games while driving.

The regulators rely very heavily on feedback

As I understand it even the rolling stops was a response to a journalist reporting it.

The interesting thing about both topics is they both set precedence for all other vehicle makers.

No automaker will be allowed to have rolling stops in their drivers assist features despite nearly ever driver occasionally doing a rolling stop.
No automaker will be allowed to give the user control over what noise the car makes while in motion. Sure I get that farting was distraction, but with that also means you can't change some annoying sound to something cool.

• Informative
Reactions: APotatoGod
As I understand it even the rolling stops was a response to a journalist reporting it.
That is what I'd expect - all these "recalls" reek of some self-appointed dictator making decisions - and not based on data (or even common sense).

No way rolling stops are less unsafe than Unprotected Left Turns.

Last edited:
That is what I'd expect - all these "recalls" reek of some self-appointed dictator making decisions - and not based on data (or even common sense).

No way rolling stops are less unsafe than Unprotected Left Turns.

It really comes down to how they see it versus what it really is.

They see it as an autonomous system or at least a system on the way to being one. So while unprotected left turns are inherently dangerous for a driver assist systems it's something that's legal for a driver or an autonomous vehicle to do.

What I found really frustrating about the rolling stops is Tesla released it way early, and they gave the appearance of it being tied to another feature. The way they did it destroyed any reasonable discussion over whether the capability of a rolling stop should be in a driver assist feature.

I believe rolling stops should be an individual setting where a user can set just like I can set the offset speed for TACC/AP to above the speed limit.

The car isn't choosing to break a road rule, but its doing what I gave it permission to do.

I would enable rolling stops because its realistic about how people actually drive where I live. We don't stop all the way to the point where the suspension settles back when seeing no one around, and instead we stop till where we feel almost no forward momentum and they we go. We don't really know what are minimum speed was. Maybe it was 1mph or maybe it was 2mph. The latency in our speedometer makes it hard to tell.

Any reasonable cop would let it slide as normal driving behavior.

I got new maps with 10.8.1.

A new roundabout near me wasn't on the old map, but FSD 10.8.1 handled it perfectly. With the new maps, the roundabout is there, and the car does began stopping multiple times when it shouldn't.
Probably because it just treated the roundabout as sharp curves. Normal behavior especially on large roundabouts is to always stop before proceeding.

I've had the FSD Beta since early November and have been receiving regular version updates. I see that the release notes for 10.10 have been out for a while, but I have yet to receive the update. Does anyone know if they're rolling it out to all the beta testers or just to a limited audience? My beta is still alive and well, so it's not like I've been bad and they've disabled it.

I didn't want to start a new thread just to ask the question - seems like this thread would be kind of applicable.

Thanks.

I've had the FSD Beta since early November and have been receiving regular version updates. I see that the release notes for 10.10 have been out for a while, but I have yet to receive the update. Does anyone know if they're rolling it out to all the beta testers or just to a limited audience? My beta is still alive and well, so it's not like I've been bad and they've disabled it.

I didn't want to start a new thread just to ask the question - seems like this thread would be kind of applicable.

Thanks.
They've rolled 10.10 out to about 18% of the beta population. That was over a week ago. At that point, they stopped distributing it to any more cars. No one knows why, but there has been a lot of speculation in this thread and others if you want to seek it out. Most of us assume that no one else will be updated until the next release, and no one knows when that will be, nor what version it will be.

Tesla's PR department consists of one guy (or maybe 2 or 3) with a Twitter account, and no recent information is available there.

Tesla's PR department consists of one guy (or maybe 2 or 3) with a Twitter account, and no recent information is available there.
I'll bet if you put up a hugely libelous billboard against Tesla full of untruths, you'll hear from Tesla soon enough. Legal PR is a form of PR. Maybe they'll disclose the truth in your trial disclosure and we can all learn something.

We do learn a bit from the recall documents, like what the Tesla Rules were for permitting rolling stops.

Reactions: jabloomf1230
Are you suggesting that you know they have team that is analyzing any of it? They could be analyzing all or it could all go into a black hole or some where in-between. Probably goes through some type of software that sorts and codes the errors and then aggregates them.....but who the hell knows?🤣
Do we even know if those reports leave our cars? 😂

• Funny
Reactions: EVNow
So there’s a confirmation that when you report, there’s more data transferred than regular day to day analytics that they harvest?
Right - if you search you may be able to find those posts. Some have even been able to correlate the data uploaded to # of reports.

ps : On AI day (and other places) Karpathy and others have said they have collected millions of video clips. I'm sure they continue to collect the clips - even if they don't use all of them to train.

Reactions: Ramphex