Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.10 Release Notes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How do you roll stop signs mine stops at them for like 10 minutes lolol
The conditions have to be right of course, but my FSD profile is set to assertive. Today I had a couple of good ones, slowed to 4-5 then aggressively accelerated through. Honestly, in SoCal that's like how 75% of the drivers would proceed. I don't get the need for the NHTSA recall - just put it on a toggle and let the driver decide. If a cop sees you and gives you a ticket, well you accepted that responsibility when you enabled that toggle.

2021.44.30.21 just got pushed to my car. To those stuck on 10.8.1 - may the odds forever be in your favor!
Screenshot_20220217-215100_Tesla.jpg

A new player has joined.

Looks like 2021.44.30.20 didn't work out - we're on to 2021.44.30.21. Here's hoping we see a wide release soon - I'm having too much fun rolling stop signs on 10.8.1 🤣

View attachment 770595
Yes, installing now
A new player has joined.

Looks like 2021.44.30.20 didn't work out - we're on to 2021.44.30.21. Here's hoping we see a wide release soon - I'm having too much fun rolling stop signs on 10.8.1 🤣

View attachment 770595
Yes, installing it now. Early 2020 MYLR in NorCal.

No update here on my S

I had an incident this morning taking my daily drive to work. I pass over a Large X type interchange exit ramp controlled by lights. You don't run that red light. I let Beta do its thing all the time. It will run a yellow if conditions are right. This crossing the lights are at an angle the camera's probably can't see. The light turned as I approached and the car kept cruising. I knew it would be red before I even crossed the stop bar, and it would have. I phantom braked the car hard to stop in time. Before I could press the icon to report it to Tesla. I had a green message on the IC "Clip Uploaded" , as if the car knew it screwed up. I still pressed the button to be sure they got it.

Anyone see "Clip uploaded" automatically before? I didn't get long to read the green notice before it was gone.

The latency of FSD seems to be more reactive than proactive lately. I don't know if they are trying to minimize "Phantom Braking" this way. I see it on topography cresting hills, instead of slowing down before you get to the top and the camera can't see the road ahead. Then slows the car down. Are ours cars really learning anything with repetitive trips?

Tezlab let me know it was available to install. Install will be finished soon.

I do have to say, it will take some re-learning on my part since I haven't extensively used 10.8.1 since the big snowstorm in January that left tree debris on the side of our country roads. Those tons of debris, at least locally, are still sitting there with an occasional observed "rolling of logs into the road" (!) and even some overhanging the pavement of cut branches.

Last edited:
I have a hypothesis. I think that Tesla is choosing exactly 20% of the beta community to be the first public wave of each release.

TeslaFi has a little less than 4% of Tesla's FSD beta community. If I randomly select 4% of group X and call it group A, and then also randomly select 20% of group X and call it group B, the percentage of group A that are also in group B will not be exactly 20%. It will be some number near 20%, and the variance will be randomly distributed.

That's exactly what we are seeing. Each new release shows up on Teslafi as a number somewhere around 20%. Last time it was about 18%. This time it is a little under 22%. (512 out of 2366). I haven't kept careful track of the earlier releases, but it seems that it has always been "around" 20%.

Teslafi's 4% is not randomly selected, it is a self-selected group of enthusiasts. And we don't know that Tesla's 20% is randomly selected either - they may have specific criteria that they use to select the first wave.

But as long as the criteria used to select each group are stochastically independent (no correlation between them), the variance from 20% for the intersecting groups will still be randomly distributed.

So if Tesla is selecting exactly 1 out of every 5 beta participants for the first wave, it will never show up as exactly 20% on TeslaFi or TeslaScope. It will always be some percentage near 20%, just as we have been seeing.

I have a hypothesis. I think that Tesla is choosing exactly 20% of the beta community to be the first public wave of each release.

TeslaFi has a little less than 4% of Tesla's FSD beta community. If I randomly select 4% of group X and call it group A, and then also randomly select 20% of group X and call it group B, the percentage of group A that are also in group B will not be exactly 20%. It will be some number near 20%, and the variance will be randomly distributed.

That's exactly what we are seeing. Each new release shows up on Teslafi as a number somewhere around 20%. Last time it was about 18%. This time it is a little under 22%. (512 out of 2366). I haven't kept careful track of the earlier releases, but it seems that it has always been "around" 20%.

Teslafi's 4% is not randomly selected, it is a self-selected group of enthusiasts. And we don't know that Tesla's 20% is randomly selected either - they may have specific criteria that they use to select the first wave.

But as long as the criteria used to select each group are stochastically independent (no correlation between them), the variance from 20% for the intersecting groups will still be randomly distributed.

So if Tesla is selecting exactly 1 out of every 5 beta participants for the first wave, it will never show up as exactly 20% on TeslaFi or TeslaScope. It will always be some percentage near 20%, just as we have been seeing.
This has been reported many times here before with TeslaFi's first batch usually around 450 and TeslaScope about 50. Wider release then happens if no show stopper problems surface during testing.

This has been reported many times here before with TeslaFi's first batch usually around 450 and TeslaScope about 50. Wider release then happens if no show stopper problems surface during testing.
Yes, in fact I'm occasionally the one reporting it. But that wasn't the point. The only real new thought in my post is the underlined word in the first line. All I'm doing is trying to explain why we wouldn't see an exact number even if Tesla's percentage is precisely 20 (which seems likely).

Last edited:
and we don't know that Tesla's 20% is randomly selected either - they may have specific criteria that they use to select the first wave.
Interesting theory.

Looks like for 10.10.2 in particular they are overweighting people on 10.8.1 compared to 10.9 & 10.10.

In anycase, they will move everyone to 10.10.2 to complete the recall.

What comes after 10.10.2 is more interesting than this move. I don't expect much from 10.x releases anymore. Hopefully 11.x will give us a step change - even if there are many regressions to start with.