Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.10 Release Notes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Summary: he fsd ui crashes and cameras fail to boot at start.

Since upgrading to 10.10.2, I drove about 200 miles, mainly on the autopilot stack. The end of it had about 20 miles on the fsd stack, and the car had three times where there were ui or camera errors.

Twice the ui froze in place for about a minute. The car kept driving on a 2 lane undivided highway, so I assume it was still using fsd, just not with the visualizations.

Once after stopping, I started the car and went into reverse. The car took about a minute before the two rear view cameras engaged and displayed video.

I want this version to work, but am worried about the software stability. Cameras failing to engage, and apparent soft reboots of the visualization make me worry that a more consequential software crash will occur.

I hope these issues are a symptom of them devoting most of their development and testing on features that are not being incorporated into the 10.x releases.

• Informative
Reactions: 101dals
Summary: he fsd ui crashes and cameras fail to boot at start.

Since upgrading to 10.10.2, I drove about 200 miles, mainly on the autopilot stack. The end of it had about 20 miles on the fsd stack, and the car had three times where there were ui or camera errors.

Twice the ui froze in place for about a minute. The car kept driving on a 2 lane undivided highway, so I assume it was still using fsd, just not with the visualizations.

Once after stopping, I started the car and went into reverse. The car took about a minute before the two rear view cameras engaged and displayed video.

I want this version to work, but am worried about the software stability. Cameras failing to engage, and apparent soft reboots of the visualization make me worry that a more consequential software crash will occur.

I hope these issues are a symptom of them devoting most of their development and testing on features that are not being incorporated into the 10.x releases.
Have you done a reboot (brake + 2 button, hold the brakes until the system starts back up), and possible a full power off?

Reactions: EVNow
I am still on 10.8.1. A few minutes ago I hopped into the car and the following was on the screen:

CBE2E859-EB3D-4AE3-A15B-AD5B200CB09E.jpeg
I have to assume everyone else on 10.8.1 is getting this message too. Also, I would like to assume this means the rest of us will be getting an update in the next few days.

Teslafi now showing ~ 1,850 vehicles on 10.10 or waiting. That leaves only ~ 500 more to go. They released a batch of 600 recently … so one more batch will complete the move.
I just got the screen shown in posting #306, clicked Ok and the upgrade 2021.44.30.21 is now installing on my Model Y. (coming from 10.8.1)

Last edited:
Reactions: JeremyJ
I just got mine pushed 20 minutes ago and it's installing now, currently on 10.8.1. I also got the message about needing to update to 2021.44.30.21 to update the AT&T connection, I assume that's why the update isn't being over pushed over cellular this time?

I am still on 10.8.1. A few minutes ago I hopped into the car and the following was on the screen:

View attachment 771426I have to assume everyone else on 10.8.1 is getting this message too. Also, I would like to assume this means the rest of us will be getting an update in the next few days.

Yep, I got that screen too. I was on FSD Beta 10.9. Downloading 2021.44.30.21 now.

View attachment 771426I have to assume everyone else on 10.8.1 is getting this message too. Also, I would like to assume this means the rest of us will be getting an update in the next few days.
Yep, I got that screen too. I was on FSD Beta 10.9. Downloading 2021.44.30.21 now.
Hmm .. I thought that was only for older S … ?

Ok I did 130 miles today and it went very good.
regene is working with FSD at this point. My consumption is down I gained several miles of range increased 5-10 miles getting back to levels I was at before FSD.
Yes it was warmer today but it was last week. Tomorrow it will only be 17 in the morning so I will reassess in the morning.

the map update solved several issues I was having. This update probably was written to work with the map update. Outside of a couple route issues this has really helped. Long time AP fails are now solved on his route.

smoother braking, only one parcial brake application when I crested a hill. No phantom braking. no hard braking at lights

best Day with FSD so far. It worked real good.

Ok I did 130 miles today and it went very good.
regene is working with FSD at this point. My consumption is down I gained several miles of range increased 5-10 miles getting back to levels I was at before FSD.
Yes it was warmer today but it was last week. Tomorrow it will only be 17 in the morning so I will reassess in the morning.

the map update solved several issues I was having. This update probably was written to work with the map update. Outside of a couple route issues this has really helped. Long time AP fails are now solved on his route.

smoother braking, only one parcial brake application when I crested a hill. No phantom braking. no hard braking at lights

best Day with FSD so far. It worked real good.
Nice! Love the range boost. All in all positive news!

Ski

..... Is the map update automatic or have to initiate that somehow?
Navigation Data (map update) is unrelated to the car's Software (Beta) update and does require your car to be connected to WiFi to download. Once it downloads on WiFi it installs automatically and overwrites the older Navigation Data file. You could have got it weeks ago or still yet to get it or somewhere in-between. Just look under Software>Navigation Data and if you have 2021.44 Navigation Data you are up to date. 2020.48 is the now older version.

Went from 10.8 to 10.10.2, and much like every other aspect of AP/FSD, it continues to get worse with every release. I don’t know how the YouTubers are finding magical roads where FSD does well, since it is simply unable to handle even the simplest no-traffic right turn in my area without trying to snap my neck with alternate braking and acceleration. I simply do not allow it to negotiate basically any traffic situations because it’s so unpredictable. Lane selection in NOA and FSD is still hot ****ing garbage, (it’ll merge into the left lane and block faster traffic for no reason with a right hand turn less than a half-mile ahead,) and it vacillates wildly between brisk acceleration from a stop (which is fine) and an absolute refusal to follow another car at less than fifteen car lengths, despite follow distance being set to minimum. Due to that problem specifically, it’s now almost completely useless in Miami highway traffic, as it just gets bullied by the meat drivers surrounding it, so I have to override it constantly, even if I’m technically not “intervening.” Overall, I use FSD a lot less now on surface streets than I did when it was just “dumb” lane assist.

Which you know, actually WORKED.

Also it still rolls stop signs, which I’m fine with but is DEEPLY amusing given the recent drama about that point.

Went from 10.8 to 10.10.2, and much like every other aspect of AP/FSD, it continues to get worse with every release. I don’t know how the YouTubers are finding magical roads where FSD does well, since it is simply unable to handle even the simplest no-traffic right turn in my area without trying to snap my neck with alternate braking and acceleration. I simply do not allow it to negotiate basically any traffic situations because it’s so unpredictable. Lane selection in NOA and FSD is still hot ****ing garbage, (it’ll merge into the left lane and block faster traffic for no reason with a right hand turn less than a half-mile ahead,) and it vacillates wildly between brisk acceleration from a stop (which is fine) and an absolute refusal to follow another car at less than fifteen car lengths, despite follow distance being set to minimum. Due to that problem specifically, it’s now almost completely useless in Miami highway traffic, as it just gets bullied by the meat drivers surrounding it, so I have to override it constantly, even if I’m technically not “intervening.” Overall, I use FSD a lot less now on surface streets than I did when it was just “dumb” lane assist.

Which you know, actually WORKED.

Also it still rolls stop signs, which I’m fine with but is DEEPLY amusing given the recent drama about that point.
You might want to perform a camera calibration, reset the display and then recycle power. Some claim that helps others say it doesn't but based on your feedback sounds like it's worth a try especially when you see feedback like post #318.