Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.10 Release Notes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did another 130 miles Sunday with half in darkness. It was in the mid 20's and my trip I got 298 wh/mile average. it starts out higher as the car warms up but then falls. In the dark heading home I was at 336 for the trip. Still great improvement over 10.8.1 I was running. FSD was 90% and AP 10%, 500' human.

In night driving I did notice some balking with on coming traffic, two lane roads. I would assume the headlights were blinding the cameras. This morning the car tried to turn right one street to early and I had to abort. that was it for today so far.

Overall I would get a congratulations to the FSD Tesla team, they eliminated 50% of my issues. Still work to be done but this product is really coming together and smoothing out the trips. we have gone from " Meet The Parents" type driving in 10.4 to a rather smooth trip now. Getting close to human type driving.

I had no disengagements yesterday. Nav is working better with this update. Still have do disengage when Nav wants to go the wrong way. I do still have issues at intersections while the sensors are thinking about it. I have noticed painted roadway intersections it is not hanging around it is more decisive

I read some of these other posts I'm just not seeing these issues. Mine is just doing great. Since I had the steering wheel switches replaced my car was totally powered off four times with the power cables physically disconnected. I know I got good hard resets of the car. I just can't help to wonder what that did for the system cleaning out the cobwebs after so many OTA's in the last six months. Just wonder if folks should do the resets and power downs to see if that helps.

I'm on the latest build (10.10.2) and am continuing to have the same issue at the location in the image below. FSD is supposed to stop at the first STOP sign, then cross the railroad track, stop at the second STOP sign and then turn right at the T intersection there. Instead, it stops at the first sign, turns on the right blinker, crosses the railroad track slowly and then turns right at the 2nd STOP without stopping or even slowing down. The second STOP sign is present on the display visualization so it's not like the cameras don't see it. I hit the camera button everytime this happens but it has yet to be corrected. Really baffling behavior. Thoughts?

Railroad.jpg

I'm on the latest build (10.10.2) and am continuing to have the same issue at the location in the image below. FSD is supposed to stop at the first STOP sign, then cross the railroad track, stop at the second STOP sign and then turn right at the T intersection there. Instead, it stops at the first sign, turns on the right blinker, crosses the railroad track slowly and then turns right at the 2nd STOP without stopping or even slowing down. The second STOP sign is present on the display visualization so it's not like the cameras don't see it. I hit the camera button everytime this happens but it has yet to be corrected. Really baffling behavior. Thoughts?

View attachment 771996
This seems like a prime example of something to email to the FSD Beta team ([email protected]). Note the date/time you took the snapshot and give them the description you just posted here.

Of course, I have no clue what they actually do with those emails - I've never gotten a response from them, nor have I really noticed any changed behavior because of them - but I don't have any better advice for you other than that. That sure is weird, though!

I did another 130 miles Sunday with half in darkness. It was in the mid 20's and my trip I got 298 wh/mile average. it starts out higher as the car warms up but then falls. In the dark heading home I was at 336 for the trip. Still great improvement over 10.8.1 I was running. FSD was 90% and AP 10%, 500' human.

In night driving I did notice some balking with on coming traffic, two lane roads. I would assume the headlights were blinding the cameras. This morning the car tried to turn right one street to early and I had to abort. that was it for today so far.

Overall I would get a congratulations to the FSD Tesla team, they eliminated 50% of my issues. Still work to be done but this product is really coming together and smoothing out the trips. we have gone from " Meet The Parents" type driving in 10.4 to a rather smooth trip now. Getting close to human type driving.

I had no disengagements yesterday. Nav is working better with this update. Still have do disengage when Nav wants to go the wrong way. I do still have issues at intersections while the sensors are thinking about it. I have noticed painted roadway intersections it is not hanging around it is more decisive

I read some of these other posts I'm just not seeing these issues. Mine is just doing great. Since I had the steering wheel switches replaced my car was totally powered off four times with the power cables physically disconnected. I know I got good hard resets of the car. I just can't help to wonder what that did for the system cleaning out the cobwebs after so many OTA's in the last six months. Just wonder if folks should do the resets and power downs to see if that helps.
Agreed, I’m so far seeing marked improvement on 10.10.2 compared to 10.9. Not perfect but getting noticeably closer. For the first time it seems like Elon’s EOY prediction could be realistic.

It does indicate a lane change on the screen and offers if you wish to cancel. Have used it a few times without much difficulty.
Cancelling it only works about 50% of the time for me when using the blinker stalk in the opposite direction. I've had many times where I used the stalk literally 3 times trying to stop it, and it carries on trying to change lanes anyway until I disengage FSD with the brake pedal or holding the steering wheel to prevent the lane change

Reactions: Acisplat

With 10.8.1, I just did a 130 miles trip last Saturday, and the car averages 235wh/mi (model Y). Can’t imagine it can get even better.

I didn't see this mentioned anywhere but I noticed on 10.10 that it will scale the size of vehicles on the visualization, more noticeable for cross traffic. It rendered a car as a super long limo-like vehicle when it was really more like a semi-truck. Never saw this on 10.8.x.

• Informative
Reactions: GranularHail
Cancelling it only works about 50% of the time for me when using the blinker stalk in the opposite direction. I've had many times where I used the stalk literally 3 times trying to stop it, and it carries on trying to change lanes anyway until I disengage FSD with the brake pedal or holding the steering wheel to prevent the lane change
What mode ? In Chill mode I cancel once and it won't try again.

I am seeing any improvement in these incremental updates. That is why I don't want to left out, because every little improvement helps. The best way to gauge how much better your previous routes are working is to measure how much more you find your self switching the card to FSD.

Next milestone will be the single track release. As of now, the car does a horrible job getting into expressway on-ramps from FSD beta. The blinkers come on, but then it just skips the entrance and goes straight instead. I can't wait to have a seamless drive from streets to expressway and vice version.

Lastly, I need my car to get out of the driveway and onto the street without trying to drive into my neighbor's driveway that is across the street instead.

More proof of how good this version is, I took the wife for a ride. I never told her we were in FSD, no complaints at all. Still doesn’t know we were in it.

This is what I find really frustrating about the beta.

My experience is its the same garbage, but a different firmware version.

I've tried things like camera recalibrating, and rebooting.

I've seen some improvements, but at the end of the day its not going to kid anyone.

I can't do a service request since I don't know what the expectations are.

To be fair this isn't new.

See also how even with the "public" software you'll get one person saying how it's been awesome for tens of thousands of miles, and another who says he can't drive 20 minutes without it repeatedly slamming on the brakes for no reason.

I've only had one drive on 10.10.2 so far FWIW...

The first part (my house to the interstate, all on 2-lane rural roads, maybe 3-4 miles of driving with several stop sign controlled turns) saw 0 interventions, it took a left at a stop sign quicker than 10.8.1 did though was slower to accelerate once it made the turn.... at another stop sign where it had to turn right it was also a little quicker than usual though still slower than it would need to be if there'd been anyone behind me.

It turned left onto the on-ramp and merged onto the interstate fine (but it's always done that fine).

The interstate portion was perfect, as it virtually always has been for years on my car, but then that's not on the new stack anyway.

Car exited perfectly, went straight for 2 blocks as it should have, got into left turn lane as it should have just fine at this intersection:

firstturn.png

It then turned left... and that's where it went wrong. Red is the cars driving, green is mine

correction.png

It turned into the CORRECT lane (the left most straight lane), but then quickly moved left one more, into the wrong lane, and I was forced to take over and zip back to my right quickly before I was instead forced right back toward the highway I'd come from.

I was only a couple blocks from destination at this point so manually drove the remainder.

Especially with arrows on the lanes this was such a dumb error it's pretty disappointing given it'd done the whole rest of the trip decently.

Just updated to 2021.44.30.21 (FSD 10.10.2) this afternoon. Only took a short drive but it was horrible! About 75% of the time it would veer into a turn lane when it was supposed to go straight. Intersections don't seem to be much better, either - it stops, slowly inches forward, watching the car coming, and instead of proceeding with the turn while it has a very generous window it waits until the car is too close and then starts to proceed so I have to cancel it to avoid an accident. At another intersection with a 4 way stop and completely clear lines of sight it did the standard turtle dance, taking forever to make it through. Overall, in just a 4-5 mile drive I probably had to take over 8-10 times. Is this anyone else's experience? I'll try it again tomorrow but this is not encouraging.

I recalibrated the cameras today and tried 10.10.2 again. I'm not sure if it’s placebo, but the performance was much better than yesterday on the same route with respect to making turns confidently. It still hesitates a little when accelerating from stops such that I have to give it throttle around 5-10 mph.

One thing that is not working properly is that it suggests the exit from freeway to off-ramp is coming up but does not automatically do it like it used to. Is there a specific setting for that behavior? In town on the fsd beta it changes lanes automatically.

I have a couple four-way stop intersections where FSD beta will literally creep forward until it is completely in the intersection blocking both cross lanes of traffic before it decides to accelerate through. It's been doing this consistently for multiple versions. These are intersections with good visibility in all directions and with no other cars nearby.

I also notice when FSD beta starts up at a stop sign or traffic light, it gives a small initial acceleration for a few feet, pauses for a half second or so, then starts accelerating up to speed.

I have a couple four-way stop intersections where FSD beta will literally creep forward until it is completely in the intersection blocking both cross lanes of traffic before it decides to accelerate through. It's been doing this consistently for multiple versions. These are intersections with good visibility in all directions and with no other cars nearby.

I also notice when FSD beta starts up at a stop sign or traffic light, it gives a small initial acceleration for a few feet, pauses for a half second or so, then starts accelerating up to speed.
That pause is exactly what happens to me, I have to give It throttle to avoid it. Seems like it shouldn’t be difficult for the engineers to get rid of it.