Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.10 Release Notes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reasonably good drive on FSD beta today, though not without a few issues. FSD made a right turn off a highway that the nav showed continuing straight down the road. Went up a block, turned left to get back to the road it turned off of. There was no obstruction to prevent it from just continuing straight.

FSD also tried to change lanes into a left turn lane for a shopping center when it should have continued straight. I've seen this behavior on earlier versions. Given the speed, I don't think FSD was planning to turn, just mistook the left lane for a through lane.

Stop sign performance was better than it has been lately. No takeovers were required. No PB events.

Also spent about 150 miles using NOA on limited access roads with no PB events. Skies were mixed between sunny and cloudy. Traffic was moderately heavy.

Second FSD beta 10.10.2 drive today. This time 40 mile round trip through urban streets at night with wet streets and some rain. Fairly simple route that was basically a straight shot each way. Still, considering that it was dark with wet streets and considerable traffic, FSD beta performed quite well. I did take over a few times because I was not comfortable with what FSD was doing, and there was one instance where the car attempted to kill me by moving into the approaching lane while going through an intersection. Fortunately the oncoming traffic had a red light. But other than that, a suprisingly well driven route in challenging conditions.

FSD still tends to slow down to much too late for a car in its lane turning right. FSD tends to continue to slow down after the car ahead has already left the lane. Maybe a latency issue? And latency seems to cause FSD to be a bit behind maneuvering the car through S-turns. It always feels like the car is going to leave the lane. In one case, I took over because I was afraid the car would hit the curb. Perhaps it wouldn't, but I had no desire to find out!

LOL.

Cool, they don’t have to file any reports.

Of course they don't, since it's only an L2 system and won't ever be anything greater.

That was the whole point of the discussion they had- so that Tesla could clarify it was only that and would only ever be that.

Given they're officially on record making that clear they'd be on the hook legally, pretty seriously, if they suddenly announced JK IT IS TOTES LEVEL 3!

Whenever Tesla does actually develop an L3 or higher system it'll be a different thing than the city street/FSDBeta code.

Everyone happy?, I haven't seen any posts lately?

Mine still doing good except for one crazy turn yesterday. I was traveling in a left hand exit ramp (2 Lanes) and the car decided to go to the right side lane, OK whatever. Then at the last possible second the car tried to turn right which would have put me into on coming traffic. I pulled out of it and gave FSD the remainder of the trip off. ( how do we give the computer the red hands? ;)) It was over cast so sun light would not have been an issue. Not really any other traffic around either.

Yesterday had a surprisingly good trip. 10 to 15 minutes with no disengagement. Handled …
- getting out of parking lot
- couple of URL, one on 40 mph road
- 4 unmapped roundabouts
- left turn at a blinking yellow
- unmarked roads

Basically like the zero disengagement drive videos that Omar puts out.

• Informative
Reactions: momo3605