Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.11.1 (2022.4.5.20) - Limited or Mass Release?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the drivers who have received the update, are you currently publicly sharing your firmware status with any 3rd party sites (i.e. Teslafi, Teslascope, etc.) or not?

We often rely on these services as a viable metric to gauge the popularity of these update rollouts. That said, it may be helpful to understand whether your updates are part of their published stats or is what you are sharing with us undisclosed.

Looks like so far, the only new beta testers in this release are from Canada according to TeslaFi. I am hoping eventually there will be a wide release to the US.
i'm thinking we are gonna get left in the cold again lol, would seem this is only for Canada so far as new enrollments go, and not even all of them, i've seen a few people up north with 100 scores that didn't get it yet. and with the tiny trickle coming out, seems like we are stuck waiting again :(

Tesla engineers are likely going to get flooded by an onslaught of disengagement data from Canadian drivers in the next few week. These drivers will likely be panicking at the wheel in week one. Everyone who is already familiar with FSD Beta for sometime remembers the first time they were enrolled. It is like riding a bike for the first time. We yank the handle bar in anticipation that the bike is going to take a tumble.

It's reasonable that drivers will initially overreact and disengage before giving the car a chance to react. Hopefully, what I presume will be a flood of new disengagement data is not going to deter the engineers from rolling out more updates to US drivers.

Well, it also hasn't even gone out to most of the existing beta cars in the US, either. I suspect the few updates in Canada is just to establish a small initial set of testers there before any wider release to Canada. It doesn't really tell us much about new enrollments in the US, which might (or might not) coincide with a much larger enrollment in Canada, which might or might not happen for either or both countries with 10.11.1 (gets less likely with each passing day) or some later release.

Canada or not, looks like every one of the 10.11.1 updates today went to new Beta testers. I believe it was the same yesterday. So for existing beta testers, if you didn't get it already, you're probably stuck on 10.10.2 until the next wide release (see my previous post in re. limited-release versions theory).

For the drivers who have received the update, are you currently publicly sharing your firmware status with any 3rd party sites (i.e. Teslafi, Teslascope, etc.) or not?

We often rely on these services as a viable metric to gauge the popularity of these update rollouts. That said, it may be helpful to understand whether your updates are part of their published stats or is what you are sharing with us undisclosed.
No. I would participate if it was free but I have no need to pay for any 3rd party site.

Currently:
2021 Model S LR 2022.4.5.20. (in the Beta since the 2nd push in 2021)
2017 Model X 2022.4.5.18. (all updated FSD HW but not in the Beta)

So curious as to why they don't push out a newer FSD beta to the current FSD beta owners especially after employee testing. It's like some beta owners get it but others don't. I wonder if it's random or they have some sort of algorithm.

No. I would participate if it was free but I have no need to pay for any 3rd party site.

Currently:
2021 Model S LR 2022.4.5.20. (in the Beta since the 2nd push in 2021)
2017 Model X 2022.4.5.18. (all updated FSD HW but not in the Beta)
Same for me, won't pay.
2018 M3 LR RWD got the update, it's buggy, not so much phantom braking but it stutters where it did it before.

Reactions: ChaoticNeutral
So curious as to why they don't push out a newer FSD beta to the current FSD beta owners especially after employee testing. It's like some beta owners get it but others don't. I wonder if it's random or they have some sort of algorithm.
Part of the extreme frustration surrounding this entire topic. No one knows why and there are never explanations. When you do get the beta you will still have the questions about updates, ha ha. Hope you get it soon!

There's nothing in these recent updates that appear to follow any logical train of thought. As of now, it seems to be following some automated algo that gives engineers enough time to review and assess new data as it comes in.

What I do know is that Tesla can push out a manual firmware update to your car upon request, at their discretion. On one previous occasion, I had a candid phone conversation with a rep who offered to escalate my request for a manual update to an engineer who had the capability of doing so. This was after I opened a ticket for software concerns on my app, but then asked for the issue to be escalated because I didn't find their canned response satisfactory. At any rate, this "upper level" CSR called me and stated that he would reach out to a particular Engineer he was in conversation with over their internal chat system to consider my request. However, he forewarned me that the final decision would be completely left to the Engineer's discretion. Fortunately, the update was pushed to my car less than 10 minutes after I hung up the phone with this CSR. Although this was out of the norm, it confirmed to me that Tesla has this capability to go outside of the template talking points.

Last edited:
We will never know unless an employee who leaves Tesla decides to share this information. I used to fret over this but now only know I'll get the next update when I get the next update.

LOL yes more phantom braking. Confirmed during a drive today. Nothing egregious, but at least a 5mph drop in speed for no reason at several points along my route.
YES! Exactly what I want. The current phantom braking is only occurring about 10-15 times on a 6 mile stretch from my house to the main road. Let’s see if we can get it up to 20+ 😮