Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.11.1 (2022.4.5.20) - Limited or Mass Release?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does not look like we are going to get this version. Appears a Canada only for the most part. Will wait for April. Hopefully its an improvement to what I have now. Can't be worse (hmm, maybe it can). Just tired of the car going to the far left lane to make a right turn. Then at last minute it want to jump 3 lanes for the turn.

Reactions: Ramphex
Does not look like we are going to get this version. Appears a Canada only for the most part. Will wait for April. Hopefully its an improvement to what I have now. Can't be worse (hmm, maybe it can). Just tired of the car going to the far left lane to make a right turn. Then at last minute it want to jump 3 lanes for the turn.
I think you may have the wrong software downloaded to your car. Sounds like a Tesla programmer may have accidentally slipped a couple lines of code from the virtual slalom VR game he is developing on the side, into your software patch.

Last edited:
It could definitely be worse lol, remember the 10.2 (or maybe 10.3) debacle? When after one drive the car would just sugar the bed due to some sleep/wake bug? What a mess that was 😅

• Funny
Reactions: Skione65 and Tez~La
I don't experience very much phantom braking now. However, I have a 1/2 mile street street nearby with constant braking (3-5mph). It will slow down at least 5 times every time, day or night I take regardless of direction. Cemetery on both sides for most of the length with fencing. Visualization doesn't offer any ideas but perhaps has something to do with the "longtime" local residents:)

10.11.1 has been a big step backwards for me. In my plaid, the previous version had very little phantom braking and was smooth. This version is much more jerky and has a LOT more phantom braking. It is also back to driving down the center of my unmarked subdivision again and weaving back and forth a bit. It doesn't get over to the right side quick enough for oncoming traffic in that scenario so unless I take over they think I'm hogging the road. It is also back to stopping aggressively and way too early at the stop sign exiting my subdivision and other similar intersections. The car is also taking right turns faster than before and much too close to concrete curbs. None of this happened in the previous version.

10.11.1 has been a big step backwards for me. In my plaid, the previous version had very little phantom braking and was smooth. This version is much more jerky and has a LOT more phantom braking. It is also back to driving down the center of my unmarked subdivision again and weaving back and forth a bit. It doesn't get over to the right side quick enough for oncoming traffic in that scenario so unless I take over they think I'm hogging the road. It is also back to stopping aggressively and way too early at the stop sign exiting my subdivision and other similar intersections. The car is also taking right turns faster than before and much too close to concrete curbs. None of this happened in the previous version.
I'm guessing that its regressions like this that are keeping the release limited.
Majority of FSD folks seem to be 10.10.2 right now and probably should be grateful for it ;)

There are elements in 10.11.1 that are a big improvement over 10.10.2 right?

At least based on the release notes, the improvements in some areas (i.e. visualization) doesn't make it a regression overall.

My SP still has not been enrolled in FSD Beta and my M3 is stuck on 10.10.2. It does appear that the majority new Canadian enrollees are cars from 2018 - 2020. That said, 2021 - 2022 USA models have been left out this round.

One thing that does not appear to be getting attention is that the 10.11 (and 10.11.1) builds (2022.4.5.x) seem to include the fix to the browser crashing issue as I am once again able to use location services in the browser as well as Android Auto (via TeslAA) without the browser immediately closing.

I know it's unrelated to the FSD Beta but still good to see them moving mainline fixes into the beta builds.

I’m actually generally pretty happy with 10.10.2. In low traffic right-of-way situations (common in suburbs), it’s pretty smooth and has a good sense for picking correct lanes at intersections. I was one selected for 10.9, and it was a big regression from 10.8.1. So maybe I should stop complaining about not getting 10.11.

I do wish I had the 2022 updates to v11 UI like the profile and buttons back on top and fix for the laggy backup camera.

Just wanted to post a quick update here. I received 2022.4.5.21 (10.11.2) about a week ago. The phantom braking issues that appeared in 10.11.1 look to have been corrected. Also a nice surprise to see that cars that now cross the path in front of you (cross traffic) while driving no longer cause the car to slam on its brakes after the car passes you.

I'm still on 10.10.2 and haven't received 10.11.2 at any point. I've also had a Service appointment (unrelated) scheduled for 4/28 for a long time, so idk if they disable beta updates if you're queued for a Service visit. Anyways, I've heard 10.11.2 is worse than 10.10.2, so not exactly dying to get the update. At this point I'm expecting to miss 10.11.X and go all the way to 10.12 whenever that drops. Also, I've been watching OpenPilot videos and I'm jealous of the ability to correct the steering without disengagement. Would be nice to have a setting for that, but I can keep dreaming.

I'm still on 10.10.2 and haven't received 10.11.2 at any point. I've also had a Service appointment (unrelated) scheduled for 4/28 for a long time, so idk if they disable beta updates if you're queued for a Service visit. Anyways, I've heard 10.11.2 is worse than 10.10.2, so not exactly dying to get the update. At this point I'm expecting to miss 10.11.X and go all the way to 10.12 whenever that drops. Also, I've been watching OpenPilot videos and I'm jealous of the ability to correct the steering without disengagement. Would be nice to have a setting for that, but I can keep dreaming.
Still on 10.10.2 here too

This 40/60 split looks very intentional to me:

1649638172912.png

Perhaps it’s 40/60 instead of 50/50 because all the new Canadian drivers are on 10.11.2? Another (non-exclusive) possibility is that Tesla has a marketing strategy to push out FSD updates to known influencers, but because those influencers didn’t pass the Safety Score test, Tesla discards their data as not being representative for (e.g.) disconnect rates?

Maybe we’re seeing a new tick-tock strategy, where new versions get rolled out to about half the fleet, leaving the other half on the old version? That would make sense if Tesla wants as much apples-to-apples comparison data as possible.

Source: Tesla FSD Beta News, Software Update Release Notes and Statistics

Last edited:
This 40/60 split looks very intentional to me:

View attachment 792236

Perhaps it’s 40/60 instead of 50/50 because all the new Canadian drivers are on 10.11.2? Another (non-exclusive) possibility is that Tesla has a marketing strategy to push out FSD updates to known influencers, but because those influencers didn’t pass the Safety Score test, Tesla discards their data as not being representative for (e.g.) disconnect rates?

Maybe we’re seeing a new tick-tock strategy, where new versions get rolled out to about half the fleet, leaving the other half on the old version? That would make sense if Tesla wants as much apples-to-apples comparison data as possible.

Source: Tesla FSD Beta News, Software Update Release Notes and Statistics
Pretty easy to sort on TeslaFi when the next iteration drops. Would be an interesting case study. Especially since the last couple releases seem to be a departure from the pre-holiday new enrollment period.

Sample size of 1 - from 10.4 to 10.8.2 I was always in the first wave. Now I'm about tail end charlie.

It doesn't frustrate me at all, I'm sure there's a reason, or at least a mathematical equation somewhere that explains it. Miles driven/geography/connectivity/modes used are just a few things that come to mind. I just haven't figured it out yet.

10.11.2 seems to be a major regression on legacy X. Had it for almost a week and it requires far more interventions at intersections. It cuts corners and doesn’t adhere to multi lane turns as well as the prior build did.

This is true re: cutting corners. I am finding some left turns to be more problematic whereas they were perfect in the past, I have to intervene every single time now. Other times I feel like it is being "too confident" creeping forward and I have to take over.

The joys of beta testing (and literal corner cases I suppose)...

This is true re: cutting corners. I am finding some left turns to be more problematic whereas they were perfect in the past, I have to intervene every single time now. Other times I feel like it is being "too confident" creeping forward and I have to take over.
Yeah I've noticed a new tendency to cut the corner on left turns .. it only does it when there is no car in the way, but if def crosses the yellow lines .. not by much, but there is no reason for it to cut the line at all. Curiously, on right turns, it tends to swing wide again .. something it did a few releases back (but not as much as it used to). I've not had to intervene to fix these (so far), but they def seem a regression.

Make sure to report these (as I do) so they get fixed.

Reactions: dannycamps