Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had the same fleeting hope that this release, due to the .5 ending, was a new fsd version. But then I remembered that the third number needed to be a multiple of 5 for it to be the beta, not the forth number. (Or they stop releasing general builds, and the beta just gets the next sequential number)

Patiently waiting (hoping?) for 2022.12.5 or 2022.12.10.

Reactions: Rusty1
Right, I'm guessing the next FSD-beta update will happen around next Juvember, or never, whichever comes last.......and I probably won't even get it until way after that........
I got in with the xMas release of FSD and then got the mid feb update and recently got another update, so my experience so far is that we get an update to FSD every two months or so, so we should get an update BEFORE Juvember

• Funny
Reactions: Twiglett and PACEMD
I got in with the xMas release of FSD and then got the mid feb update and recently got another update, so my experience so far is that we get an update to FSD every two months or so, so we should get an update BEFORE Juvember
Exactly my same experience. I just thought it was time to inject some healthy pessimism..........we were way overdue......

Last edited:
I had the same fleeting hope that this release, due to the .5 ending, was a new fsd version. But then I remembered that the third number needed to be a multiple of 5 for it to be the beta, not the forth number. (Or they stop releasing general builds, and the beta just gets the next sequential number)

Patiently waiting (hoping?) for 2022.12.5 or 2022.12.10.
not really replying to what you typed - just your name.
Is that the super geek reference to the old XKCD comic 🤣

Been driving alot of different roads the past week and 10.11 has been surprisingly good especially at a variety of Stop Sign intersections. Much more decisive and in general pretty good drives. Sometimes I wonder why builds often feel they improve over a few weeks when all evidence points to this not happening. Sometimes I wonder if any local cached data gets referenced over a few weeks resulting in better drives since we know FSD isn't actively learning between builds.

10.11 is like the 2 year old who can't make up their minds. Easy going one minute and then all heck breaks loose the next minute:)

Current most annoying behavior continues to be rapid deceleration triggered by random oncoming cars (country roads with a dividing line). The worst last week was a drop of 31 mph in three seconds to 4 mph, The person following me put some real distance between us after that.

Another annoying issue is the car running one particular stop sign. This intersection may have been remapped after reporting it - or they changed something in the new beta version to improve it how it is seen. However, the "improved" mapping doesn't show/see the stop sign (because of the slanty angle) and the car just drives right on through (so long as there is no traffic).

Old approach was perpendicular to the road; new approach is angled so the stop sign is not very visible when you are turning to the left/northeast. This comparison of how Google and Bing have interpreted the road (with Google being too perpendicular and Bing being too slanty) shows what seem to be the changes in how the car sees or handles the turn.
mapping_compare.jpg

Driving from the opposite direction (south, to turn right), it used to overshoot the road and try to make a right turn into vegetation. New approach at a slant, is much more successful but still not perfect..

As to the rest of the driving, always some disengagements. I used to avoid traffic but find traffic and tourists are my friend. Was able to drive a twisty road around a mountain at a comfortable speed (using fsd).

Ironically, one of my concerns when I first thought about getting FSD was that I might become too complacent and trust the car's choices when I shouldn't.

Using FSD beta, I don't believe I will ever completely trust FSD.

Last edited:
I've not experienced this, but will be on the watch for it. Thanks for the mention.

An annoying thing I've noticed is when a car going the same direction as the Tesla pulls into a left turn lane (not at an intersection) and slows down, the Tesla will slow down as it approaches the turning car, even though the Tesla is in the lane to the right with a clear path forward.

Current most annoying behavior continues to be rapid deceleration triggered by random oncoming cars (country roads with a dividing line). The worst last week was a drop of 31 mph in three seconds to 4 mph, The person following me put some real distance between us after that.

Another annoying issue is the car running one particular stop sign. This intersection may have been remapped after reporting it - or they changed something in the new beta version to improve it how it is seen. However, the "improved" mapping doesn't show/see the stop sign (because of the slanty angle) and the car just drives right on through (so long as there is no traffic).

Old approach was perpendicular to the road; new approach is angled so the stop sign is not very visible when you are turning to the left/northeast. This comparison of how Google and Bing have interpreted the road (with Google being too perpendicular and Bing being too slanty) shows what seem to be the changes in how the car sees or handles the turn.
View attachment 798287
Driving from the opposite direction (south, to turn right), it used to overshoot the road and try to make a right turn into vegetation. New approach at a slant, is much more successful but still not perfect..

As to the rest of the driving, always some disengagements. I used to avoid traffic but find traffic and tourists are my friend. Was able to drive a twisty road around a mountain at a comfortable speed (using fsd).

Ironically, one of my concerns when I first thought about getting FSD was that I might become too complacent and trust the car's choices when I shouldn't.

Using FSD beta, I don't believe I will ever completely trust FSD.
I'm on the we're-not-worthy waiting list and pretty smug with my 100 score.

Guy walked all into the street mid-block from behind the bushes so I got slightly nicked on a forward-collision warning. Knocked me down to a 99. Deep Thought regraded it a couple of hours later and gave me a 97. Would hitting sneaky jaywalkers be better?

He acted like a deer in the woods. Oh, let's wait until he gets closer before we run across the road. Way first-world problems . . .

I'm on the we're-not-worthy waiting list and pretty smug with my 100 score.

Guy walked all into the street mid-block from behind the bushes so I got slightly nicked on a forward-collision warning. Knocked me down to a 99. Deep Thought regraded it a couple of hours later and gave me a 97. Would hitting sneaky jaywalkers be better?

He acted like a deer in the woods. Oh, let's wait until he gets closer before we run across the road. Way first-world problems . . .
LOL - I'm in the same boat as you playing the waiting game. At least it wasn't a false FCW....I mean I've got them from people on the sidewalk, from a fire hydrant, etc. However the most infuriating was from one of those f*cking electric scooters driving down the road at 20mph.

I guess what I hate about the whole FCW rating is mileage....If I get one on a saturday going to the grocery store, its no big deal since total mileage to weight the day is ~5 miles or less. If I get one on the way to work (~30 miles each way), I know my overall score will suck when I get there, but dread seeing it further decline when I need to head home.

When I picked up the car in late December, I thought I would be in the beta within a few weeks.....If I had known it would take this long (4+ months and 5k miles later), I would have opted out long ago.

Reactions: Rusty1
Why biggest concern continues to be that bet loves to make lefts on red arrows when the straight lanes are green. That includes when oncoming traffic has a green too.
I have had the same a couple times. I back up and reset FSD, and it will continue to run it again. one time did it three times. THe light is clearly red on the IC. it sees it and continues to try and run it.

Also have had it cross double yellow line in traffic trying to pass stopped cars waiting on light.

I keep my foot near the brake when pushing FSD limits this close. You never know what new tricks FSD has up it's sleeve. I continue to let the car take me everywhere. I typical run from Home to Starbucks to work error free almost every day. I only tap the gas when pressured by other commuters. night time rush hour makes it difficult to make it home error free, given all the other cars, but it can do it. Long weekend commutes over 120 miles are routine and almost perfect. Its just the other guy that trips up FSD.

Last edited: