Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But how would they "get into beta" ? Before the "button" people could get Beta only by invitation - and those people were all selected by Tesla and had to sign some NDA too.
I really don't know anything about how Tesla selected participants before the button. I assume that there was still some randomness to it. I did assume that they were violating an NDA by posting the videos. Tesla could have pulled them from the beta, but apparently they decided the publicity was worth it.

However they were chosen, I don't think Tesla expected them to become Tesla celebrities on Youtube. But I could be wrong. Maybe that was Elon's plan all along. :)

Updated to 10.11 while at work. Took me home just fine, not really any better or worst than 10.10 on the same route. Need to drive more to see.

I seem to always get the updates early. I attribute it to being in San Diego with mix of suburban and freeway driving and using FSD for at least part of the way every time I drive. I’ve had FSD Beta since ~Thanksgiving and I’ve probably put ~3000 miles on FSD with probably around ~1200 of those on the FSD beta stack and the rest on AP stack.

Reactions: sleepydoc and EVNow
Some comments on the release notes.

Beta 11 features in 10.11 :
  • Upgraded modeling of lane geometry from dense rasters (“bag of points”) to an autoregressive decoder that directly predicts and connects “vector space” lanes point by point using a transformer neural network. This enables us to predict crossing lanes, allows computationally cheaper and less error prone post-processing, and paves the way for predicting many other signals and their relationships jointly and end-to-end.

Fav of Karpathy.

Updated to 10.11 while at work. Took me home just fine, not really any better or worst than 10.10 on the same route. Need to drive more to see.

I seem to always get the updates early. I attribute it to being in San Diego with mix of suburban and freeway driving and using FSD for at least part of the way every time I drive. I’ve had FSD Beta since ~Thanksgiving and I’ve probably put ~3000 miles on FSD with probably around ~1200 of those on the FSD beta stack and the rest on AP stack.
I really wish that was the formula to grant users access to the early rollout queue, but sadly my driving habits may prove otherwise.

Since last Winter, my daily roundtrip commute consist of driving from a moderately populated suburban town, through some densly populated suburbs, onto an expressway, then into the busy city streets of downtowm Chicago. I have FSD beta engaged for over 90% of this daily commute, with AP obviously being on the expressway leg. FSD beta is a Godsend with stop-and-go traffic, which is why I use it heavily on my commutes.

All that being said, I either get in at the tail end of the rollouts or even skipped from some of the in between versions. I would think that my diverse driving route contributes to quite a bit of data to the engineers, especially considering how many times I hit that feedback camera icon every day. That's not including the variable inclement weather that a Tesla driver in Chicago faces from torrential Spring flood rain, high Tornadic winds, extreme 100 F Summer days, that then slide into sub 0 F Tundra like freezing Winters. So it may not be the case that contribution is fairly factored into their formula, however pragmatic that logic may seem.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: FSDtester#1
Pure speculation here (and I'll explain what I'm thinking), but let me start with a question.

Is there anyone in the US with a Safety Score of 98 or higher that is also not currently an active FSD Beta tester (you've hit the button, but you aren't in yet) with software newer / higher than 4.5.3 that also has their software update preference set to Advanced?

For example, I have all the above mentioned ..... I've hit the enroll button, have a current SSB of 99.22 for the past month and a 100 over each of the past 8 days, have my software update set to Advanced, but haven't had 4.5.5 or higher roll out to me yet. What I'm speculating is that (and I can only hope I'm right) folks are stuck at 4.5.3 because they will get FSD 10.11 Beta sometime in the coming days and having 4.5.16 would have impacted that.
I’m wondering the exact same thing as I’ve fluctuated between 98 & 99 for the past 2 months. I’ve also been at 4.5.3 for a while now.

Separately I received the navigation update last week. I wonder if that’s a precursor.

I think they have a list of influencers they send to + a few thousand they pick according to some criteria / algorithm.

Teslafi shows 237 cars have been pushed 10.12 out of a total of ~ 2,350 FSD cars Or about 10%. If we assume this is the same among all FSD cars, ot of 60k cars, 6,000 cars get new releases first. Out of those May be 200 are influencers, rest 5,800 are randomly / algorithmically selected.
You mean 10.11?

......Separately I received the navigation update last week. I wonder if that’s a precursor.
The Navigation update happens every 6 to 12 months and has 0 relation to Beta or what version firmware your car has.

As has been stated MANY times Tesla hasn't admitted any new Beta testers since last year. Also Tesla just released 10.11 to a few Beta testers in order to evaluate for bugs. It will be up to a week if all goes well before all the Beta users get 10.11. THEN Tesla may add some new Beta testers.

Very interesting "interaction" with a Waymo here. Complex road geometry, it's amazing FSD beta figured out the right way with some encouragement:

Seems like 10.11 will get uncomfortably close to cars:

And also here in Whole Mars video:

Last edited:
Looks like it was just an initial 10% push and has wound down.

Hopefully those go okay and the rest of the 10.10.2 people get push in a day or two.

And I’m sure some new people would like to get added to FSD with this rollout.
yup - according to teslafi, we're still sitting at 228 installs (198 yesterday, 10 today with 20 pending downloads). We'll have to wait and see when they release more.

Dammit - I didn't get the download yet. I need to be on YouTube more so I can be an influencer!

Reactions: FSDtester#1