Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not to mention he never has his hands on the wheel. Just saw a video today that showed 10.11 inches from hitting a car. If that happened to this guy, he would not have reacted fast enough.
I often criticize Omar (Whole Mars Catalog) for his "salesman" approach but this video includes his narrative and is a good watch.

Not to mention he never has his hands on the wheel. Just saw a video today that showed 10.11 inches from hitting a car. If that happened to this guy, he would not have reacted fast enough.
Earlier in his videos people would say - he is actually doing the driving and not FSD because he was holding the steering wheel. So, he started not olding the wheel to "prove" that FSD was actually driving.

Now because some (of us) started saying he might be intervening by pushing the accelerator - his latest videos show the accelerator (and brake) pedal as well. So, we know when he intervenes.

Yes, it makes it more risky - but hopefully he now has a lot of experience dealing with FSD.

1647360868338.png

Reactions: edseloh
I really wish that was the formula to grant users access to the early rollout queue, but sadly my driving habits may prove otherwise...

I think the key difference between you and I is that you're in Chicago and I'm in San Diego. Nearly daily perfect weather is a good place to deploy early releases to check for major bugs before opening it to wider geographical regions with more varied weather conditions.

I notice that zero legacy cars have received the 10.11 upgrade, which must be intentional, but I have no idea what it means. If you are still waiting for the beta, remember that Tesla usually updates all the existing beta fleet before adding new testers.

Tesla Owners Silicon Valley and TeslaLisa on Twitter have received 10.11 and they drive Legacy X.

Tesla Owners Silicon Valley and TeslaLisa on Twitter have received 10.11 and they drive Legacy X.

That is good to know. No legacy cars showing up on TeslaFi as of this moment.
I think the key difference between you and I is that you're in Chicago and I'm in San Diego. Nearly daily perfect weather is a good place to deploy early releases to check for major bugs before opening it to wider geographical regions with more varied weather conditions.
There are quite a few northern based cars with 10.11 showing up on TeslaFi

Reactions: M109Rider
If you see all the saga I've reported (in the maps related thread and others) - I've seen roads that haven't been updated for over 10 years.

FSD looks extremely confused when you have a situation where the map is wrong. It might try to turn into a sidewalk if the map shows a road there - and stops because it can't find a drivable path.
What that tells me is that FSD uses the map and supplements with visual data from the road rather than the other way around. It's kind of concerning - I can see how it might be an easier way to implement FSD but it also means that the car is forever dependent on accurate maps. Since road construction and changes are constant that means the car will ultimately always have failures.

Reactions: Bpseattle
What that tells me is that FSD uses the map and supplements with visual data from the road rather than the other way around. It's kind of concerning - I can see how it might be an easier way to implement FSD but it also means that the car is forever dependent on accurate maps. Since road construction and changes are constant that means the car will ultimately always have failures.
You have to be dependent on maps.

Thats what humans do.

How else would you know where to go ?

BTW, I think the correct thing for FSD right now is to give up and ask for help when the visual doesn't match the map. So, we can report the issue and they can correct it ... ofcourse, they need to put in a process to correct maps quickly.

If the navigation calls for a right turn and at that place there is no road to turn into, what else can FSD do ?

On Teslafi total 10.11 has been around 230 (installed + pending). I guess if everything goes well we'll see rest of us start getting 10.11 tonight. New testers probably in a day or two.

So far doesn't look like 10.11 needs any hotfix .... but who knows ?

Has anyone evaluated whether there is a correlation between the number of previously installed FSD Beta versions a car has to how early it gets a new rollout update?

I was just eyeballing stats on Teslafi installs and it appears that all the cars that have received the recent update has had at least 5 + previous versions installed. I initially assumed it was tied to the number of miles a driver placed on their car on FSD, but I do see cars with fewer than 3k miles on that list. The one common denominator is that these cars have 5 + previous version installs.

If anyone already has data on this observation, please share.

You have to be dependent on maps.

Thats what humans do.

How else would you know where to go ?

BTW, I think the correct thing for FSD right now is to give up and ask for help when the visual doesn't match the map. So, we can report the issue and they can correct it ... ofcourse, they need to put in a process to correct maps quickly.

If the navigation calls for a right turn and at that place there is no road to turn into, what else can FSD do ?
True to an extent - humans think of the map and then drive the road, confirming with the map. If there's a discrepancy, we drive the road, not the map. Tesla seems to flip that. It's a subtle but important difference.

Reactions: VanFriscia
Has anyone evaluated whether there is a correlation between the number of previously installed FSD Beta versions a car has to how early it gets a new rollout update?
I don't think anyone knows.

In general, an early 10% release should include all the variations present in the wider fleet so that they can catch any issues early. The variations would definitely be all the hardware variations and as much of geographic variation as possible. Likely they include heavier users of FSD so that they will get some data back in a day or two (would definitely explain why I'm not in the early batch).

True to an extent - humans think of the map and then drive the road, confirming with the map. If there's a discrepancy, we drive the road, not the map. Tesla seems to flip that. It's a subtle but important difference.
Also we can build a mental picture off basic directions and figure it out on the fly with no need for a map. Hell some people can't even read a map but find their way around.

And most important just one single trip and we are likely to remember route and remember how to respond to all kind of nuances/edge cases. Plus can quickly adapt to any changes made (like a lane reroute/moved) effortlessly. With Beta driving on your home street still needs Navigation Data and is an all new and unknown experience EVERY time.

Reactions: sleepydoc