Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Perhaps these limited releases are just the new normal
For reference, FSD Beta 10.2 went to about 5k vehicles, so even this current ~10% rollout of 10.11 to ~6k vehicles is probably "more than necessary" for testing purposes. Keeping vehicles on older FSD Beta can still provide useful data as we've uploaded probably half a terabyte with 10.10.2 and probably over 100GB since 10.11 became available. So at this point, it might be more of a choice for Tesla to "be generous" in giving updates / adding people to FSD Beta.

Then again, Tesla probably does want to add Canadian FSD Beta testers to collect data and increase the rate of improvements for international FSD beta development. So maybe there is indeed some issue needing a dot release before expanding rollout of FSD Beta 10.11.x.

Reactions: GlmnAlyAirCar
Stop your whining! Try driving a Plaid like that for 2 months. 😂
Amen. I've been driving my Plaid like a high grandmother for the past two months. It's killing me. I have Honda Civics, Subaru WRX, Chargers, Mustangs, Corvettes and a bunch of other little cars that think they are fast start racing me and I have to let them go blow by me. IT'S KILLING ME!!!!!!!!:mad:

Amen. I've been driving my Plaid like a high grandmother for the past two months. It's killing me. I have Honda Civics, Subaru WRX, Chargers, Mustangs, Corvettes and a bunch of other little cars that think they are fast start racing me and I have to let them go blow by me. IT'S KILLING ME!!!!!!!!:mad:
A samurai sword used to cut butter.
That sucks. :)

For reference, FSD Beta 10.2 went to about 5k vehicles, so even this current ~10% rollout of 10.11 to ~6k vehicles is probably "more than necessary" for testing purposes. Keeping vehicles on older FSD Beta can still provide useful data as we've uploaded probably half a terabyte with 10.10.2 and probably over 100GB since 10.11 became available. So at this point, it might be more of a choice for Tesla to "be generous" in giving updates / adding people to FSD Beta.

Then again, Tesla probably does want to add Canadian FSD Beta testers to collect data and increase the rate of improvements for international FSD beta development. So maybe there is indeed some issue needing a dot release before expanding rollout of FSD Beta 10.11.x.
But that's generally not the practice. You might want to keep 10% to 02% of cars in your older release for comparison. Esp. since this is the longest Tesla has ever gone without a new release in the last 6 months, it makes sense to move most people to new build. Esp. given all the changes they want robust feedback.

It came to a grinding halt because of the worldwide software shortage. With everything shutting down in China because of the new round of COVID they just can't get the software parts.......
I know that you meant this a joke, but has anyone else noticed a lot of non-FSD related features being released in China first?

I imagine they have a lot of SW development going on there.

Reactions: PACEMD