Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have been on this release since 3/14/22. The amount of micro braking has been horrible with this release. SO bad that I took a day off yesterday to spend with my wife and to go on a road trip ~1 hour each way. After about 30 minutes she said "would you just please drive and turn that crap off" 🤦‍♂️
Based on someone else's suggestion, I have created a specific profile on my car where FSD Beta is enabled, with the other profiles (my main profile included) with FSD Beta turned off. This has made a HUGE difference for me. Most days when I head out, based on how I am feeling, I choose whether I want to beta test (a fun but stressful activity) or just drive w/ conventional AutoPilot. If I just choose normal "driving" I have my Autosteer/TACC and Navigate on AutoPilot for highway stretches and/or stop-and-go traffic which continues to work very well for me (no phantom braking). But I do have a car with radar, so...

Based on someone else's suggestion, I have created a specific profile on my car where FSD Beta is enabled, with the other profiles (my main profile included) with FSD Beta turned off. This has made a HUGE difference for me. Most days when I head out, based on how I am feeling, I choose whether I want to beta test (a fun but stressful activity) or just drive w/ conventional AutoPilot. If I just choose normal "driving" I have my Autosteer/TACC and Navigate on AutoPilot for highway stretches and/or stop-and-go traffic which continues to work very well for me (no phantom braking). But I do have a car with radar, so...
that's interesting, I was under the impression that with FSDbeta downloaded to the car radar is turned off, that is not available when using or NOT using FSDbeta

that's interesting, I was under the impression that with FSDbeta downloaded to the car radar is turned off, that is not available when using or NOT using FSDbeta
this is correct. I also have a radar car that allowed me to go 90+ with NAP on the highway. After the FSD beta, I'm now limited to 80. And it also says the radar is no longer in use as it uses a vision system with the ultrasonic sensors

Does TACC behave any differently with FSD beta turned off in terms of phantom/micro braking? Because that’s usually the only complaint my passengers have. It annoys me as well, probably one of top 3 complaints with FSD beta.

Does TACC behave any differently with FSD beta turned off in terms of phantom/micro braking? Because that’s usually the only complaint my passengers have. It annoys me as well, probably one of top 3 complaints with FSD beta.
I'm actually testing that right now. I've been driving with FSD, AP and AEB turned off to compare. Still too early to tell; once I get a good idea I'll start selectively enabling systems to see.

Reactions: Ramphex
Have been on this release since 3/14/22. The amount of micro braking has been horrible with this release. SO bad that I took a day off yesterday to spend with my wife and to go on a road trip ~1 hour each way. After about 30 minutes she said "would you just please drive and turn that crap off" 🤦‍♂️
Freeway or city ?

I was under the impression micro-slowdowns are mainly a product of FSD, not AP/NOA.

ps : If you see MobilEye planning presentation, they tout it as a great way to handle uncertainty. If the uncertainty is higher they slow down the car. I guess Tesla needs to dampen it better or may be MobilEye feels the same way.

I've that too.

But generally my wife doesn't want me to use even AP. So, normally I drive manually (we haven't done road trips recently). But last couple of times tried FSD with her because kids wanted me to ... and she was actually pleasantly surprised how "not so bad" it is. She assumed based on all the media that it would be terrible. ps : Kids are convinced FSD drives better than her ;)

Last edited:
Freeway or city ?

I was under the impression micro-slowdowns are mainly a product of FSD, not AP/NOA.

ps : If you see MobilEye planning presentation, they tout it as a great way to handle uncertainty. If the uncertainty is higher they slow down the car. I guess Tesla needs to dampen it better or may be MobilEye feels the same way.

I've that too.

But generally my wife doesn't want me to use even AP. So, normally I drive manually (we haven't done road trips recently). But last couple of times tried FSD with her because kids wanted me to ... and she was actually pleasantly surprised how "not so bad" it is. She assumed based on all the media that it would be terrible. ps : Kids are convinced FSD drives better than her ;)
City NON-expressway so definitely FSD stack and not the old stack.

Reactions: EVNow