Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does TACC behave any differently with FSD beta turned off in terms of phantom/micro braking? Because that’s usually the only complaint my passengers have. It annoys me as well, probably one of top 3 complaints with FSD beta.
I have to imagine that PB is much less of an occurrence under FSD beta, since the beta brain is significantly more advanced than the non-beta brain.

I'm actually testing that right now. I've been driving with FSD, AP and AEB turned off to compare. Still too early to tell; once I get a good idea I'll start selectively enabling systems to see.
So I have two M3s, one from 2018 on the FSD beta and one from 2019 not on beta (mine and my wife's), and I've driven them both extensively to and from work. If it is really the case that the beta build disables my 18's radar, then I can say for certain that beta brain is better at highway driving than non-beta + radar brain. There ARE differences for sure. The beta stack can perform interchange maneuvers that non-beta can't. It also reacts to traffic better. Also, for what it's worth, on my 23 mile commute, I get approximately zero phantom brakes that aren't due to the highway speed limit changing. (That is to say, both cars hard brake when the 65mph limit goes down to 50 suddenly, but I'm not sure this is really phantom braking, but instead just following the law.)

So I have two M3s, one from 2018 on the FSD beta and one from 2019 not on beta (mine and my wife's), and I've driven them both extensively to and from work. If it is really the case that the beta build disables my 18's radar, then I can say for certain that beta brain is better at highway driving than non-beta + radar brain. There ARE differences for sure. The beta stack can perform interchange maneuvers that non-beta can't. It also reacts to traffic better. Also, for what it's worth, on my 23 mile commute, I get approximately zero phantom brakes that aren't due to the highway speed limit changing. (That is to say, both cars hard brake when the 65mph limit goes down to 50 suddenly, but I'm not sure this is really phantom braking, but instead just following the law.)
No, definitely not phantom braking. Phantom braking is braking/slowing for no (clear) reason. Example - driving on a 2 lane state highway on a sunny day with no traffic in sight and the car suddenly slows from 60 down to 45, then speeds up again.

Appears that way. Hasn’t been any (TeslaFi) installs in days and even then it’s only been 1 or 2 per day for like a week. There are actually less current pushes now then there was days again. Speculation is 10.11.2 most likely or 11.12 unlikely. Many seem unhappy with 10.11 while others feel it’s comparable or a 2 forward 1 back to 10.10.2.

Appears that way. Hasn’t been any (TeslaFi) installs in days and even then it’s only been 1 or 2 per day for like a week. There are actually less current pushes now then there was days again. Speculation is 10.11.2 most likely or 11.12 unlikely. Many seem unhappy with 10.11 while others feel it’s comparable or a 2 forward 1 back to 10.10.2.
What were the problems with 10.11? The few reviews I saw were generally positive - smoother turns, etc.

What were the problems with 10.11? The few reviews I saw were generally positive - smoother turns, etc.
I wonder if it wasn't a larger issue with the 2022.4.5 branch. It looks like everything lower than 4.5.17 tapered off pretty quickly within a day or two and then a couple days later 4.5.17 & 4.5.18 started ramping up along with 2022.8.2.

Might not have been FSD related at all?

I seen reports of "stopping at 4-way stops and refusing to continue on" (I believe it was Omar/WholeMarsBlog on Twitter) and here on TMC somewhere "microbraking"...your mileage may vary.
To be fair 10.8.1 and prior releases did this to me at both 4-way stops and stoplights quite randomly (one day is fine, another day it stops and refuses to go). Not using 10.10.2 much but I'm sure it is just as capable

Reactions: sleepydoc
I seen reports of "stopping at 4-way stops and refusing to continue on" (I believe it was Omar/WholeMarsBlog on Twitter) and here on TMC somewhere "microbraking"...your mileage may vary.
Lol - if those were the issues then the people complaining never drove any of the other releases! I tend to think maybe @RowdyMY is right - there was some critical bug in the larger, non-FSD software that they had to fix.

We’ll never know for sure and there’s Nothing any of us can do but wait, anyway.