Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Right. Last I checked, the .17 release was also exclusive to models 3+Y. The theory is that potential new FSD enrollments (by some unknown definition) are just held in 2022.4.5.x in general (with other factors and strategies determining the x) and not getting 2022.8 at this time.
Not sure of that logic, they are two different streams, (2022.8 and previous) for feature updates and the other for those qualified with FSD updates
Eg I just went to 2022.8 but have 100% score which achieved while in 2022.4.5, so enrolled and just waiting for Beta. That is why wouldn’t FSD people not get general feature updates as well?

Yep... I'm thinking the same. Another PoS released and halted. Maybe 10.11.2 or 10.12 by the end of April (for larger rollout). Maybe not.... After all, it's been more than three months since the last expansion/major roll out. Good luck, all!
I think they should just rollout an older release to new testers and not make them wait indefinitely.

My score still shows up in the app, and keeps updating from my new drives with FSDbeta. Interestingly, forced corrections from FSD seem to be getting counted as dings (like hard turning from a dangerous direction). Hard to tell for sure though.
It's possible it's different in Canada, and I understand the those in the US with Tesla insurance also have this rating system more or less permanently on (yuck). However, for everyone else the rating simply vanishes once you are in the beta.

Reactions: Bombegranate
Kind of reminds me of the "New Coke" GOAT claims. Never admit a mistake, large corporate egos will not allow it.
On the contrary - Elon keeps admitting mistakes !

Question is - is he willing to say - the next build will take a long time so lets go back to old build. I don't think so - he will try to get the new build out. Anyway, he has been talking about 10.12 ....

On the contrary - Elon keeps admitting mistakes !

Question is - is he willing to say - the next build will take a long time so lets go back to old build. I don't think so - he will try to get the new build out. Anyway, he has been talking about 10.12 ....
I agree, but I have never heard him use the word "Mistake", and how long will we have to sit with dangerous software while we wait for 10.12? I am just super irritated by nearly getting killed twice in three days with 10.10.2. I want something else ASAP, even if it is an older version.

Reactions: Ramphex
I think they should just rollout an older release to new testers and not make them wait indefinitely.
Yeah, I wonder what prevents Tesla from doing regular additions of testers to existing versions as clearly they think it's safe enough to keep nearly 50k vehicles on 10.10.2 and presumably useful enough to keep getting data from too. Then again, there's threads complaining about how bad it is to be stuck on 10.10.2: The catastrophe of FSD and erosion of trust in Tesla

New Canadian beta tester here....quick question for others on 10.11.1 from anywhere.

For a residential lane which is extra wide to allow for parked cars on the right do you find the car is swerving between the centre road line and the centre of the full lane based on if there are parked cars?

It gets really close to the parked cars some times where I would expect it to hug the centre road line and not really try to drive in the parking area of that lane.

New Canadian beta tester here....quick question for others on 10.11.1 from anywhere.

For a residential lane which is extra wide to allow for parked cars on the right do you find the car is swerving between the centre road line and the centre of the full lane based on if there are parked cars?

It gets really close to the parked cars some times where I would expect it to hug the centre road line and not really try to drive in the parking area of that lane.
Yes, this is how it has been since a few releases. Its tricky to figure out how exactly one should drive.

I think 2 areas where they can improve
- Go to the right if the car sees a vehicle in the opposite direction (if no parked car)
- Give more space from parked car (if there is enough space available and no cars coming from the other direction)

But even from the above, you start to see various scenarios and why its not that simple.

Yes, this is how it has been since a few releases. Its tricky to figure out how exactly one should drive.

I think 2 areas where they can improve
- Go to the right if the car sees a vehicle in the opposite direction (if no parked car)
- Give more space from parked car (if there is enough space available and no cars coming from the other direction)

But even from the above, you start to see various scenarios and why its not that simple.

Thanks - Good to know it's been like this for a while. Extra worrisome when it's on a curved road doing that with parked cars. I'd drive it hugging the centre of the road for the most part but I'm sure there are cases where this isn't the right solution too.

Reactions: EVNow and momo3605
Thanks - Good to know it's been like this for a while. Extra worrisome when it's on a curved road doing that with parked cars. I'd drive it hugging the centre of the road for the most part but I'm sure there are cases where this isn't the right solution too.
I’ve posted about this here. In my opinion, the behavior of FSD to swerve in and out of parked cars on a big wide road is just wrong. Unfortunately FSD Beta continues to do this.

If anyone were to get killed while testing out a FSD beta, it would be a disaster for the tester as well as for the FSD program. Similar to what the Challenger explosion did. Safety was improved after the explosion, but the fleet was grounded for quite some time. I hope we are 6 sigma away from such an event, but in reality, it is not impossible, especially if there were multiple 10s of thousands of testers.