Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry no. I'm getting it checking for 10.11.1 update on my car while currently on 10.10.2.

I know 10.11.1 is barely rolling out; but wondered if whatever's going on, at least in my car, might be delaying my next update to 10.11.1
Seems strange that you know and understand that 10.11.1 is only going to a small % of Beta users BUT are so concerned why you are not one of the select few. And going to all the wasted effort when all you can do is the SAME thing almost all of us are doing. WAIT until it is pushed to your car.

Also what do you mean by "Never had this issue before in all these years"? You are not having any issue and you have NEVER been able to pull a download of a software update, no mater how may times you check or reset the MCU. Software updates are 100% push only.

I’ll take the latest, even if it’s worse. The point? I want the beta to potentially provide useful data to make it better. Doubtful they’ll roll back development to 10.10.2 and try again.
Couple of clarifications - not saying, 10.11 is worse, but trying to find the likely logic.

If they find the new changes are performing worse, they would like to quickly get to the new build and send that out instead.

Its possible 10.11 was mainly for Canada and they never intended to roll it out widely in US, once they found issues. Interestingly, 10.11.1 was mainly rolled out to people who had 10.10.2 rather than 10.11.

Definitely they are rolling releases out this year differently than they did last year. Last year everyone got all the releases. This time only a third got 10.9 with the rest running 10.8.1 for a long time. Looks like most of us will be in 10.10.2 until 10.12 ?

Reactions: Ramphex
Does TACC behave any differently with FSD beta turned off in terms of phantom/micro braking? Because that’s usually the only complaint my passengers have. It annoys me as well, probably one of top 3 complaints with FSD beta.

Yes. In the profile that doesn't have FSD Beta selected, the car drives like it did before FSD Beta in re. AuotSteer/TACC/NoA
I’ve done some playing around, disabling FSD as well as autosteer, AEB, etc. Still had plenty of phantom braking events when driving on 2 lane roads so it might be different but I can‘t say it was better.

Couple of clarifications - not saying, 10.11 is worse, but trying to find the likely logic.

If they find the new changes are performing worse, they would like to quickly get to the new build and send that out instead.

Its possible 10.11 was mainly for Canada and they never intended to roll it out widely in US, once they found issues. Interestingly, 10.11.1 was mainly rolled out to people who had 10.10.2 rather than 10.11.

Definitely they are rolling releases out this year differently than they did last year. Last year everyone got all the releases. This time only a third got 10.9 with the rest running 10.8.1 for a long time. Looks like most of us will be in 10.10.2 until 10.12 ?
11.1 does seem to be rolling out to some people who were on 11 As well as some people in the U.S. (I can’t tell if it’s only upgrading the U.S. cars that were on 11 or if some of those upgradign from 10.2 were in the U.S. as well)
1648590122359.png
1648590146940.png

11.1 does seem to be rolling out to some people who were on 11 As well as some people in the U.S. (I can’t tell if it’s only upgrading the U.S. cars that were on 11 or if some of those upgradign from 10.2 were in the U.S. as well)
Yes, but a few. Normally if there is a fix release they would move everyone on the “bad” release to the fix release quickly.

Makes me think the fix was for Canada rather than US.

View attachment 787560View attachment 787561
Since the US is the only place that had both 10.10.2 and 10.11, I think it is safe to assume all the upgrades from prior FSD are US. Which means all the new are Canada (92 of the 93). There is one anomaly which could be Tesla just messing with us, since they know we are watching like hawks.

Seems strange that you know and understand that 10.11.1 is only going to a small % of Beta users BUT are so concerned why you are not one of the select few. And going to all the wasted effort when all you can do is the SAME thing almost all of us are doing. WAIT until it is pushed to your car.

Also what do you mean by "Never had this issue before in all these years"? You are not having any issue and you have NEVER been able to pull a download of a software update, no mater how may times you check or reset the MCU. Software updates are 100% push only.

I'm concerned that the car is no longer checking for (any) updates when manually refreshed. In other words anytime I'm manually refreshed it always says checking and then up to date as of the time refreshed. Now it doesn't say checking. And it only says up to date as of 1:05AM. None of that has ever happened to me over any of my Tesla's in all these years.

Also I'm concerned that updates section just gives an error when I check it. I've never had any of my Tesla's do either of those. Also since Tesla was just here this morning working on the car. Also seems like odd timing.

The car seems stuck in those two areas.

I'm concerned that the car is no longer checking for (any) updates when manually refreshed. In other words anytime I'm manually refreshed it always says checking and then up to date as of the time refreshed. Now it doesn't say checking. And it only says up to date as of 1:05AM. None of that has ever happened to me over any of my Tesla's in all these years.

Also I'm concerned that updates section just gives an error when I check it. I've never had any of my Tesla's do either of those. Also since Tesla was just here this morning working on the car. Also seems like odd timing.

The car seems stuck in those two areas.
(several moderator edits below) There is no 'manual' way to refresh your car to get the new update. I just checked my M3 and it doesn't say 'checking' but it does reflect that it's up to date as of the current date/time…How about providing a screenshot of the 'error' you got? What was Tesla fixing when they were working on your car? Have you reported your problem through the app? Apologies if you are merely ignorant of all of this, which would be entirely ok.

Last edited by a moderator:
(several moderator edits below) There is no 'manual' way to refresh your car to get the new update. I just checked my M3 and it doesn't say 'checking' but it does reflect that it's up to date as of the current date/time…How about providing a screenshot of the 'error' you got? What was Tesla fixing when they were working on your car? Have you reported your problem through the app? Apologies if you are merely ignorant of all of this, which would be entirely ok.
When I go to the same menu it says checking…. then after a couple of seconds it says up to date *insert current time here*. That is indeed a “manual way to check for updates”

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got updated to 2022.8.2 from 2022.4.5.3 unfortunately. 🤬
Do you still see the safety score in the app? Some folks mentioned it disappeared after update to 2022.8.2.

When I go to the same menu it says checking…. then after a couple of seconds it says up to date *insert current time here*. That is indeed a “manual way to check for updates”
If you have an available update (Game, Map or standard firmware) and are NOT connected to WiFi you will get a yellow download arrow. Also if you hit Check For Software and have a yellow download arrow it will direct you to connect to WiFi to download. This is Not applicable to Beta in anyway since Beta is pushed over cell if not connected to WiFi.

Here is a pic in the old UI.

IMG_5346 (1).jpeg