Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, F Tesla!
To everyone mad because they've had a safety score of xx for yy weeks and haven't gotten FSD beta:

The beta program is limited enrollment. Tesla is is adding people based on their needs for beta testing, not based on the number of people signed up, or how many weeks you've had a good score. There was never any plan or promise to enroll everyone with a specific score or after so many weeks. (In some ways adding too many people could make their job harder by giving too much data to sift through.)

The other thing to remember is this is beta software, not just a way to 'get in early.' It's getting better but it's still buggy and unpredictable. Often times the releases are two steps forward and one step back. There are times it works beautifully and times it's downright stressful. It also takes patience.

I get that it's frustrating, but if 'driving like a grandma' is ruining your ownership experience I would simply opt out and drive your car like you want to.

To everyone mad because they've had a safety score of xx for yy weeks and haven't gotten FSD beta:

The beta program is limited enrollment. Tesla is is adding people based on their needs for beta testing, not based on the number of people signed up, or how many weeks you've had a good score. There was never any plan or promise to enroll everyone with a specific score or after so many weeks. (In some ways adding too many people could make their job harder by giving too much data to sift through.)

The other thing to remember is this is beta software, not just a way to 'get in early.' It's getting better but it's still buggy and unpredictable. Often times the releases are two steps forward and one step back. There are times it works beautifully and times it's downright stressful. It also takes patience.

I get that it's frustrating, but if 'driving like a grandma' is ruining your ownership experience I would simply opt out and drive your car like you want to.
For 10.11.X, there's no indication that new US drivers will, or will not, be added to FSD beta. The rollout has been very slow with most current participants still waiting for the latest release.

Hopefully, Tesla will open up FSD beta to new participants. I look forward to reading, "I drove like my grandmother for months for this?!"

If that is the case then Elon should not tweet "If this version performs well, we can probably lower min safety score to 95".

Well, Elon did tell us all (originally) that the plan was all 100s one week, 99s week two, and so on down to 85 or something. Then they slowed it down and now we have what we have… People with perfect scores waiting four months and an active enroll button in the UI enticing others. Oh, and ZERO communication to help set expectations. Stop defending the BS. 🤣

If that is the case then Elon should not tweet "If this version performs well, we can probably lower min safety score to 95".
That tweet has both "if" and "probably" escape clauses. And given the slow two step rollout so far (soon to become 10.11.2?) that has yet to go to the bulk of testers, Id say the "if" may make the "probably" moot.

That’s that one outlier. The rest were still all Canadians that went to 2022.4.5.20. However, no one in Canada or US has been updated to 2022.8.2 either. It’s the last bit of hope I’ve got to get this Beta release.

Edit: The outlier went to 2021.43.202, which I assume is a maintenance build.
Lol, I think I know exactly what happened there ... I caused a 2022.4.5.16 "downgrade" to 2021.43.202.

My new car is on factory build 2021.32.202. When I created a new account on TelsaFi for it I accidently selected my old car. Was like that a few minutes before I realized, and fixed it. Everything looked fine, and I thought no data synced from my old car. Until I looked at the "Software Updates" section for my car:
1648606067115.png

Note the times. The 2022.4.5.16 build is actually for my 2018 Tesla, and the 2021.43.202 build is for my new 2022 Tesla. I suspect the other case of the downgrade from 2022.4.5.17 was likely due to the same type of user error.

In theory there should be no previous versions for a factory build that are newer, so I think all these in the 2021.43.202 build are due to the same issue of new owners selecting their old cars when creating new accounts, or simply using the same account for their new car:
1648606336854.png

Elon Musk would disagree. Yea, these are old, but he set the expectation.

Well, Elon did tell us all (originally) that the plan was all 100s one week, 99s week two, and so on down to 85 or something. Then they slowed it down and now we have what we have… People with perfect scores waiting four months and an active enroll button in the UI enticing others. Oh, and ZERO communication to help set expectations. Stop defending the BS. 🤣
Well said!

I'm on 2022.4.5.17... curious what the next step is and if I'll be getting 2022.8.2? I have FSD package and a 98 score with over 1,000 miles. No telling I know as this process seems to follow some odd logic.
same here, been on 4.5.17 for a min now, i'm GUESSING we are in some kind of holding queue presumably for the beta (i hope lol) since no one from that branch has been updated to 8.2 so far as i can tell, but if/when that actually happens is anyones guess lol.

Yep, some will defend Telsa actions/inactions until the bitter end. Many are conflicted investors as well. Just sayin’
Look at my comment history and you'll see I'm no Tesla fanboy. I also know Tesla and Elon's history as well as how these types of beta programs work and this is exactly what I expected from the day I heard about beta program. Having owners dissatisfied because they didn't into the beta program was also totally expected.

Reactions: Mrcarcrazy
same here, been on 4.5.17 for a min now, i'm GUESSING we are in some kind of holding queue presumably for the beta (i hope lol) since no one from that branch has been updated to 8.2 so far as i can tell, but if/when that actually happens is anyones guess lol.
Nah… I have a non FSD 2021 MYP on .17. This branch is likely result if different chips used due to shortages. I have always found with this car it’s last to get updates. The Plaid is usually day one.

So, I’m here to pee on the working hypothesis that .17 is staging for .20! 😂

• Funny
Reactions: Ramphex and Mark II
This comment feels very Troll-y. It sounds like you've had more than one Tesla, yet you don't seem to understand how updates work. There is no 'manual' way to refresh your car to get the new update. I just checked my M3 and it doesn't say 'checking' but it does reflect that it's up to date as of the current date/time. The fact that you're checking your car at 1:05AM is a little sus too. Are you getting enough sleep? How about providing a screenshot of the 'error' you got? What was Tesla fixing when they were working on your car? Have you reported your problem through the app? Apologies if you are merely ignorant of all of this, which would be entirely ok.

Don't appreciate being called "Troll-Y" or "Ignorant".

Anyway you’re wrong. If you’re on say the service screen and then click on software and quickly scroll to the bottom it says “Checking for updates”. Then it says “Your software is up to date As of (insert current date and time)”. It doesn’t force a download; but it does query the server.

My point was all day today my car hasn’t displayed either the checking for updates or software is up to date and display current time.

This is the first time on any car that it’s never worked either checking for update or displaying current date and time.

Not that it matters but some of us do work "the night shift".

Last edited: