Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Before I forget (no dashcam footage - forgot to put in the sd card), I had a clear repeat of dramatic slowdown described earlier triggered by an oncoming car. Felt like my car was going to stop in the road. Straight section, good visibility. This was on a different road than the earlier incident but similar in character: tree-shadow-lined country road with a centerline.

Did not lose FSD this time (last time it disappeared), kept driving and it did the exact same thing with the next oncoming car, slowing dramatically. Let it regain speed and disabled FSD. Wider, more major roads, there were no heavy braking incidents triggered by any oncoming cars. I am limiting testing these back roads until the next version.

On the encouraging side, repeated the great turn at a problem area.

Initial comment:
https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/fsd-beta-10-11.260354/page-40#post-6571994

It’s interesting that the “beta group*” is running a software build from the last year, several subversions behind the production software. Kind of the opposite of what you’d think about “testing beta” 😅

30A9E724-CA08-41F3-9E07-E20868A25F7D.png

*Referring to everyone on 10.10.2 who got skipped for 10.11 and 10.11.1

It’s interesting that the “beta group*” is running a software build from the last year, several subversions behind the production software. Kind of the opposite of what you’d think about “testing beta” 😅

View attachment 789451

And that’s why I opted out after 10.4. At the time, ARNR was releasing and I preferred having that instead of the “drunken new teenage driver,” FSD! 🤣🍾

Well, expected.

And that’s why I opted out after 10.4. At the time, ARNR was releasing and I preferred having that instead of the “drunken new teenage driver,” FSD! 🤣🍾
Can’t think of a single feature that would make me give up on FSD beta.

I think Omar is just talking about US.
Wow. If there are currently 60,000 beta testers in the US (98-100), and a large number with scores of 97-100 waiting for up to three+ months to get in, and now a drop to 95… that would likely mean more than 100,000 beta testers get the update this round (in the US). Seems very unlikely.

Wow. If there are currently 60,000 beta testers in the US (98-100), and a large number with scores of 97-100 waiting for up to three+ months to get in, and now a drop to 95… that would likely mean more than 100,000 beta testers get the update this round (in the US). Seems very unlikely.
They will know exactly how many are waiting.

More importantly, there is no qualitative difference between 60k and 100k. Afterall few of us thought they would expand to 60k so quickly.

IIRC, Elon commented once that every one above 95 would get FSD. So, that is probably the internal goal and the AP team just wants to complete that.

Reactions: jebinc
They will know exactly how many are waiting.

More importantly, there is no qualitative difference between 60k and 100k. Afterall few of us thought they would expand to 60k so quickly.

IIRC, Elon commented once that every one above 95 would get FSD. So, that is probably the internal goal and the AP team just wants to complete that.
Eventually, sure. This weekend/next week - not buying what Mars is selling. Would love to be wrong, of course.

Eventually, sure. This weekend/next week - not buying what Mars is selling. Would love to be wrong, of course.
Who is this guy, whole mars? They post a new fsd beta video on YouTube every 10 minutes.
Nobody watches them. How do they have any insider info? I really don't know why EM responds to them on Twitter so much..

Who is this guy, whole mars? They post a new fsd beta video on YouTube every 10 minutes.
Nobody watches them. How do they have any insider info? I really don't know why EM responds to them on Twitter so much..
Mars is a known Tesla shill. Of all the influencers (Green, Sawyer, etc.) I trust him the least. Elon replies to him because he always pushes the Tesla agenda and positive spin on even the worst challenges. YOMV.

Mars is a known Tesla shill. Of all the influencers (Green, Sawyer, etc.) I trust him the least. Elon replies to him because he always pushes the Tesla agenda and positive spin on even the worst challenges. YOMV.
He and the other influencers like him are the reason I get asked “can your car drive you home on its own?” almost daily. The choice is mine to lie to them and say yes or to get into the details how FSD has been a beta for the last X years and it’s still a beta and it can do this but not that and it’s bad at this but not that and I got to torque the damn wheel every couple of seconds so it’s legit easier to just drive myself home.

He and the other influencers like him are the reason I get asked “can your car drive you home on its own?” almost daily. The choice is mine to lie to them and say yes or to get into the details how FSD has been a beta for the last X years and it’s still a beta and it can do this but not that and it’s bad at this but not that and I got to torque the damn wheel every couple of seconds so it’s legit easier to just drive myself home.
Definitely less stressful to drive yourself home. Why I got FSD in my Plaid, baffles me. That car is meant to be “driven”! If I could transfer FSD from the Plaid to the MYP, I would.

I think your attitude depends on whether you used AP in the city before FSD Beta.

I used it ALL the time and I find FSD Beta very useful. It "nearly" drives me home from my regular destinations. "nearly" is the key word, though - and how nearly varies. It is obviously more stressful at intersections, but FSD Beta is better than AP at lane keeping.

I think your attitude depends on whether you used AP in the city before FSD Beta.

I used it ALL the time and I find FSD Beta very useful. It "nearly" drives me home from my regular destinations. "nearly" is the key word, though - and how nearly varies. It is obviously more stressful at intersections, but FSD Beta is better than AP at lane keeping.
I had a better experience with AP, because it would just keep the lane and drive the speed I wanted. Now it’s plagued by phantom braking, approaching red light borderline brake lock ups, pinballing lanes on multi lane roads for no reason, switching lanes mid-intersection, etc. I get that it’s beta and it’ll one day be something huge but today it’s not enjoyable and relaxing like the AP was.

Reactions: jebinc
I still need the option that highway AP has of requiring confirmation to switch lanes.
I had my car in chill mode and I was in the center lane of 3 lanes, FSD thought traffic was moving too slow and moved quickly in the right lane where it almost immediately ran into construction traffic cones that I knew were there but I had no way of telling the car that.