Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm talking about idea of 10.11.2 .... and just today 10.11/10.11.1 got the update. If you don't get the update in the next couple of days .... half a point deducted from Omar ;)
Fair enough.

So here’s a thought…. When we press the report button, how do they know what we’re reporting? Why isn’t there an immediate pop up asking to categorize our report “phantom braking”, “unnecessary lane changing”, “braking for a flashing yellow”, “hard braking for traffic light”, etc? Makes you wonder what they do with that data… or do they do anything with it at all?

Looks like we are in the pause period between surges. Anyone hear about issue with this version that might halt the staged roll out?
Looking at TeslaFi, 100% of the 11.2 upgrades have gone out to people on 11.1 or 11.0 so it would appear to be a fix for a bug in the other two versions. I’d guess they’ll stick on that for at least a week to see if anything else pops up before proceeding with a wider release.

Reactions: bizi
does it still do the stupidity on the highway, driving along happily in the right lane 1.5 miles from our exit, then signals left with intended lane three (yes, 3) lanes over on the left, then after starting to fight its way over it gives up after two lane changes before figuring out it should have stayed in the right lane all along :)
After a few attempts at not disengaging I gave up and just take over as it starts warning of an upcoming lane change.
Thats what makes me disbelieve folks who claim a high number of disengagement free drives - what is the tolerance for stupid driving.
My car no longer does this and gets into the right lane pretty well now. Do you have the Mad Max setting enabled since I've found that setting wants to move to the faster lane similar to what your post describes.

2022.8.3 just got pushed to my car… you have got to be kidding me. I know there’s the rumor out there that it’s possible to go from a newer production branch to an older branch for the latest beta, but I’ve never seen evidence if it happening before. Updating from 2022.4.5.17.

• Informative
Reactions: FSDtester#1
Just a possibility of some bluetooth bug that Elon commented on earlier… no idea what it is, never had Bluetooth volume randomly go to 100%
it happens every single time I get into the car if my phone isn't set to silent.
As soon as the phone connects there is a 100% volume "ding" from the car as the phone connects to the car.
If the phone is set to silent there is no ding.
If the phone isn't on silent the connect noise is always 100% volume regardless of car or phone volume setting.

Elon says he has never heard of the issue - probably because there is no worthwhile support channel to report issues any longer - unless you open a service call to report every software bug, or get an "influencer" to tweet at Elon.

Part of the issue is that we all drive differently, and local driving etiquette differs in different locations. Driving is not the same here in Montana as it always was for me in NYC or at home in North Carolina. The software is going to be a neutral experience, is never going to meet all my expectations of efficient driving, or yours. That's not possible.

2022.8.3 just got pushed to my car… you have got to be kidding me. I know there’s the rumor out there that it’s possible to go from a newer production branch to an older branch for the latest beta, but I’ve never seen evidence if it happening before. Updating from 2022.4.5.17.
That doesn't sound promising 😥 TeslaFi shows more than 1500 pending installs for 2022.8.2 and 2022.8.3

it happens every single time I get into the car if my phone isn't set to silent.
As soon as the phone connects there is a 100% volume "ding" from the car as the phone connects to the car.
If the phone is set to silent there is no ding.
If the phone isn't on silent the connect noise is always 100% volume regardless of car or phone volume setting.

Elon says he has never heard of the issue - probably because there is no worthwhile support channel to report issues any longer - unless you open a service call to report every software bug, or get an "influencer" to tweet at Elon.
I 100% of the time keep my phone on silent. That’s probably why I’ve never experienced this.
Part of the issue is that we all drive differently, and local driving etiquette differs in different locations. Driving is not the same here in Montana as it always was for me in NYC or at home in North Carolina. The software is going to be a neutral experience, is never going to meet all my expectations of efficient driving, or yours. That's not possible.
There could be a neutral. One that doesn’t pump brakes randomly driving down a straight road with no cars around you…. That’s one example of pretty neutral to me 😂