Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve been reading posts on FB that this release is a step back from prior 10.11 versions. Lots of interventions, etc. here’s a snapshot example. Given this and the BT issue, I wouldn’t expect a mass rollout and new testers for a while.

F6547C54-F9AC-46C0-BE96-309248B587A8.png

I’ve been reading posts on FB that this release is a step back from prior 10.11 versions. Lots of interventions, etc. here’s a snapshot example. Given this and the BT issue, I wouldn’t expect a mass rollout and new testers for a while.
Feels like every recent version has been a step back in some way for some people o_O 10.8.1 felt like a regression in some ways until 10.10.2 came along, and now I just don’t use it while I wait for 10.11.2 or 10.12 or whatever they send next

Reactions: Ramphex
Don’t know why that post didn’t post.

I just went home from work on my typical route. Made it without touching the gas only twisted the steering whee. Pretty much perfect run except stop signs, still hesitant going through but good enough to let it go on its own. Even let the people behind me wait it out.

Good run today on 11.2
what were you on before?

You are looking at the wrong people. Whole Mars Catalog has the facts. @elonmusk (please pat me on the back for this Mr Elon)🤣🤣🤣

Screen Shot 2022-04-05 at 5.58.15 AM.png

I just drove to work making two stops along the way. home-Starbucks-Post office-work.

I ran from driveway to driveway on these three stops, and let it do its thing to point of failure and ignored other traffic tailgating me. I used the flashers through the traffic circle. I was determined not to touch anything on this trip. no turn signals, gas pedal bumps etc.

Car did great, but missed one lane change and tried to turn left from the right hand lane and I had to take over. Handled all the stop signs, circles, intersections exit ramps fine for over 10 miles. took me from driveway to driveway each time.

Stops signs are getting better, I would say it the car goes one car length past the stop bar then goes for it. 11.1 did not do that it would stall at that point and I needed to give it gas. I also got through my right on red to 55 MPH OK. same thing about a car length and the car commits and accelerates now, unlike 11.1.

Exit ramps continue to smooth out and eliminate the jerky braking and acceleration. worked my way around slow truck traffic also. also accelerated to merge into highway traffic. I let the car drive its way to the locations which was the correct way to travel. Turns are also smoothing out, no go halfway and aim for the centerline. It knows the turns now lines or not.

You are looking at the wrong people. Whole Mars Catalog has the facts. @elonmusk (please pat me on the back for this Mr Elon)🤣🤣🤣
Sometimes I wonder if he ever reads posts here or on Reddit to realize there are hundreds of FSDBeta testers who would strongly disagree with him? The one item he has pulled back on though is not trying to push FSD as a driverless robotaxi service in the near term. At least he got that right.

View attachment 790193
The problem with this beta users reaction to abandon FSD is that very often my first few drives are not great but after a week or so FSD seems to improve. Have no idea why but others have reported the same thing.

• Informative
Reactions: EVNow
Sometimes I wonder if he ever reads posts here or on Reddit to realize there are hundreds of FSDBeta testers who would strongly disagree with him? The one item he has pulled back on though is not trying to push FSD as a driverless robotaxi service in the near term. At least he got that right.
He just has an intense desire to have Musk scratch his neck give him a pet on the head and say "who's a good boy, you are a good boy". @elonmusk 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Now back to patiently waiting.:oops:

Screen Shot 2022-04-05 at 10.01.58 AM.png

Reactions: aronth5
Difficult to tell from such comments. What I'd like to see are clear differences under described scenarios. Just saying its silky smooth like Omar does or lot of interventions like this person does - is not useful.

Ofcourse Tesla will have the numbers .... and they know.

We'll know today/tomorrow whether they are going to roll it out further or stop here.

There are plenty of shills and fanboys around here as well - after reading posts you see certain people who always think ‘you’re holding it wrong.’

The problem with this beta users reaction to abandon FSD is that very often my first few drives are not great but after a week or so FSD seems to improve. Have no idea why but others have reported the same thing.
Do you use it all the time or do you restart using FSD when you get a new release ?

I don't particularly remember first few drives as being bad and it improving over time. Probably because when I get a new release I go through my most traveled routes to see the differences.

We have talked about this before - I think there is a lot of variability even with the same release - because of the way NN works and ofcourse traffic & weather conditions. So, to really figure out what is happening we have to observe over a period of time. Best would be to note down all the interventions/disengagements and any other important observations (time it takes for the car to negotiate an empty intersection or roundabout etc). I keep thinking of documenting this - but I've never gotten around to doing it. May be from next release.

I wish Tesla would let us see our individual stats (even if they don't want to publish aggregates).

This is consistent with another best practice of software engineering - be prepared to instantly fall back to a known-good version if your statistics show a new version is problematic. So it's not unreasonable to assume Tesla is sending out multiple versions of the stack in each firmware update, with the ability to switch out old-and-reliable with new-and-shiny over the air in near real time.