Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Updated from 10.10.2 to 10.11.2 , and that was downloaded to my 2021 MSP via LTE. I then also had a small WiFi install after 10.11.2 finished, for update to boom box and the stupid custom color your Tesla thing. 🥴 No other changes, and it still shows only 3 Strikes for the MSP for FSD BETA, Not 5,

Reactions: Ramphex
Did my first drive also from 10.10.2 to 10.11.2. It still doesn't handle the first 4 or 5 turns I do every day very well; I had to disengage twice (once because it messed up and once because it was just too slow making a turn and someone was behind me).

NOA on the freeways seemed to change lanes slower...and I still have to disengage it when I get near the tollbooths on my daily drive.

On a positive side, it seemed to keep more to the right side of the road on the unmarked roads in my neighborhood, but it still crosses over the middle sometimes when driving straight

Did my first drive also from 10.10.2 to 10.11.2. It still doesn't handle the first 4 or 5 turns I do every day very well; I had to disengage twice (once because it messed up and once because it was just too slow making a turn and someone was behind me).

NOA on the freeways seemed to change lanes slower...and I still have to disengage it when I get near the tollbooths on my daily drive.

On a positive side, it seemed to keep more to the right side of the road on the unmarked roads in my neighborhood, but it still crosses over the middle sometimes when driving straight
According to one of the guys on here those issues will self correct. He read on the internet that FSD Beta learns and fixes itself 😂

So, Omar was right this time ?
0.5 points
Updated from 10.10.2 to 10.11.2 , and that was downloaded to my 2021 MSP via LTE. I then also had a small WiFi install after 10.11.2 finished, for update to boom box and the stupid custom color your Tesla thing. 🥴 No other changes, and it still shows only 3 Strikes for the MSP for FSD BETA, Not 5,
2021 MSLR is also 3 strikes max

So the usual drive today on 10.11.2 started off smooth. Less phantom braking. The new weird thing it’s been doing is trying to turn into right hand turning lanes while navigation is indicating to keep going straight. At one point I let Jesus take the wheel to see what it would do and it sent me into the turning lane of a development at 65mph. There was no braking applied by FSD and it didn’t try to correct itself to go back into the travel lane. As I was approaching the end of the turning lane it was either wait it out and possibly end up in the grass or jam the brakes. I jammed the brakes and pressed the report button. Not cool.

It’s still trying to change lanes mid 6 lane intersection as in the previous versions.

An interesting observation with these quirks is that FSD doesn’t always perform like dog sugar, even at very similar turning lanes or intersections, but it’s consistently performing poor at the same exact ones. I wonder if the map data has a huge influence on FSD’s behavior in those specific spots instead of FSD using NN to navigate.

Less coffee spilling brake lock ups for traffic lights than before.

Had a failure to launch at one intersection. Very interesting because it was a traffic light intersection and once the light turned green, the car started to accelerate forward, but after clearing the intersection, it just coasted at less than 1/2 the speed limit. Strange behavior.

Still has some unnecessary lane changes while driving straight with no surrounding traffic.

Elon REALLY should push the devs to add a toggle for Verbose Mode so we can see the output of what the car is thinking when it’s doing these whacky things.

1649255524149.jpeg

The funny thing about FSD Beta (from someone on the sidelines waiting to get it). Is that you cant even think about touching your brakes while you are in the Safety Score hell or you lose points... but once in, it sounds like FSD Beta is constantly slamming them on for no reason... ironic.
“Do as I say, not as I do!”

I had 10.11 and now I'm on 10.11.2. No real change that I have noticed. I find myself using FSD less and less nowadays. I just sometimes wish it would just go straight and not randomly switch lanes all the time to "beat traffic". Also it hates staying in line to turn right - there's some mapping issues or something that makes it keep thinking it can somehow get around traffic even when a turn is like 300-500 ft away.

I still appreciate not having to stalk down/accelerate through green lights and stops but sometimes FSD is just infuriating to use when you just want the car to do a sensible thing.

If this is what the future is like and every car is driving on the road with fsd and they're all trying to get around traffic and zoom to the front then we're in for some trouble.