Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Man, being stuck on the 10.10.2 misfit island suuuucks. *continues crying in 10.10.2*
I feel your pain, brother!
The new weird thing it’s been doing is trying to turn into right hand turning lanes while navigation is indicating to keep going straight
It’s been doing that all the time for me since I got 10.2, so it’s not new behavior. Maybe 11.2 will fix my trouble spots and give them to you!
The funny thing about FSD Beta (from someone on the sidelines waiting to get it). Is that you cant even think about touching your brakes while you are in the Safety Score hell or you lose points... but once in, it sounds like FSD Beta is constantly slamming them on for no reason... ironic.
AP can slam on the brakes all it wants, you just can’t do it yourself.

Reactions: Ramphex
I feel your pain, brother!

It’s been doing that all the time for me since I got 10.2, so it’s not new behavior. Maybe 11.2 will fix my trouble spots and give them to you!

AP can slam on the brakes all it wants, you just can’t do it yourself.
I didn’t have that issue on .10.2. Well at least not on my normal route home from work. Today with .11.2 it tried doing that 3 times, one was the super sketchy one I mentioned before at 65mph.
How are you all driving that necessitates a need to slam on the brakes? When not on FSD, I just do one pedeal driving as much as possible and this should enable a fine safety score. (Also don't tailgate, that's just rude.)
Usually people stopping short in front of you, especially ones that get scared to go through a yellow light while you’re already doing 65mph.

Oh yea forgot to add to my other post, it did try to cross double yellow once again in the same spot as before to get around traffic that’s stopped for a red light. I’ll have to record some of this stuff on my way from home next time

Just finished my first 12.4 mile commute to work test route on 10.11.2 and had 8 disengagements and too many accelerator interventions to count. This is a mix of 2-lane and 4-lane suburban roads with a lot of traffic lights and 35 to 45 mph speed limits.

It messed up lane changes it has gotten right in the past, wouldn't proceed on a clear unprotected green light left turn, tried to pull in front of a car on a right turn from a stop sign and after reengaging tried to pull in front of the next car and then the next car. After it was actually clear to proceed it wouldn't go without intervention. I had to use the accelerator at a round-a-bout. It phantom braked several times and after I use the accelerator to get going again it would immediately try to slow once I lifted the accelerator. A disengage and reengage would fix the problem. I've had this happen in the past but not to the extent I just witnessed. It still brakes way too hard and tries to come to a stop for a car turning right in front of you.

Acceleration is much better from red lights which is good. Braking for red lights and stop signs was basically perfect...I didn't hear the brake engage so it timed regen perfectly like I try to do when driving. The lane change visualization is cool.

I guess I don't live in influencer territory lol.

Just finished my first 12.4 mile commute to work test route on 10.11.2 and had 8 disengagements and too many accelerator interventions to count. This is a mix of 2-lane and 4-lane suburban roads with a lot of traffic lights and 35 to 45 mph speed limits.

It messed up lane changes it has gotten right in the past, wouldn't proceed on a clear unprotected green light left turn, tried to pull in front of a car on a right turn from a stop sign and after reengaging tried to pull in front of the next car and then the next car. After it was actually clear to proceed it wouldn't go without intervention. I had to use the accelerator at a round-a-bout. It phantom braked several times and after I use the accelerator to get going again it would immediately try to slow once I lifted the accelerator. A disengage and reengage would fix the problem. I've had this happen in the past but not to the extent I just witnessed. It still brakes way too hard and tries to come to a stop for a car turning right in front of you.

Acceleration is much better from red lights which is good. Braking for red lights and stop signs was basically perfect...I didn't hear the brake engage so it timed regen perfectly like I try to do when driving. The lane change visualization is cool.

I guess I don't live in influencer territory lol.
Overall more or less disengagements compared to 10.10.2 on the same route?

So, now we have 1,490 on 10.11.2 installed + pending on Teslafi.

That still leaves ~900 on 10.10.2.

Are they going to leave them there - (like they left 2/3rds on 10.8.1 and not move them to 10.9) - or will they move everyone to 10.11.2 - like they did with 10.10.2. Ofcourse 10.10.2 was special because of the "recall".

Then, there is the question of people waiting to get into FSD Beta.

Reactions: mach.89
Oh and 10.11.2 didn't visualize or slow for any of the five speed bumps coming out of my neighborhood. I had to hit the brakes for each one to avoid going over them too fast. I didn't count those disengagement in my above post. 10.11 didn't visualize them either but would at least slow about half the time.

10.10.2 was significantly better with visualizing (actual did) and slowing for speed bumps.

I’ve been unable to drive much since the first of the year. Put maybe one mile on FSD beta since Jan 1.

My wife drives the car daily, but never uses FSD Beta.

The following theory is based on a sample size of one: if you don’t use FSD beta much, you fall towards the bottom of the update list.

I was in the last group to get 10.10.2, and still haven’t received 10.11.2.

FWIW… Probably nothing.

I just received 2022.4.5.21 several days ago and I have to agree with most of the critical comments about FSD beta that came with the the update. It drives straight pretty well, but turns make me really nervous. It tends to "Power" around a turn and accelerate faster than what is comfortable for me and there is one turn that have to pass through a bike lane to the right turn lane and the car goes into uncontrollable oscillations trying to decide whether to turn right through the bike lane or turn from the left lane.... So I have to take over and do the turn manually.
However one of the nice things is that the graphic display of the destination *used* to display only the north view mode where if you were driving anyway but north, you would see the entire path upside down. (I prefer to see what is exactly in front of me). Now today, I have my favorite view back, the direction that I am travelling shows as heads up. I don't know how to toggle back between the views like I used to be able to do before FSD Beta, but I like this change.
(Am I expressing this clearly?)
Mike P
2018 July MX 100D