Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just ran my 7 mile test loop in Cupertino, CA on FSD Beta 10.11.2

Overall i'm gonna have to unfortunately say it's a minor regression. I'll just give some comments based on differences i've noticed between 10.10.2 and 10.11.2.

Improvements:
- New FSD display with the blue area is nice, and really helps with confidence when approaching intersections. Many times FSD gets confused about which lane it needs to be in and the line would just jump all over the place.
- Phantom Braking seems to be improved. I noticed no abrupt random braking during my test loop, but will continue to monitor

Regressions -Stuff I noticed worse than before, AND that happened more than once (to eliminate random one-offs)):
- In two instance, car randomly dived over to the left and crossed a double yellow before coming back into the lane. This is in a wide open suburb street. There were no cars, or people, or open doors around that it was trying to avoid, somehow it just thinks driving over double yellow is the correct path to take.
- Phantom Braking has been replaced by phantom turn signals. I had multiple instances of turn signal coming on and going off that i've never seen occur on this test loop before.
- If a turn is coming up, the car took way too long to change lanes, and less than 100ft before the turn, it decided to jump two lanes to make it over the turn lane. This happened twice. On 10.10.2, car would make the appropriate lane change well in advance

Anyway, overall 10.11.2 seems ok...in most instances the acceleration, braking, turning are smooth, but i had more disengagements on my test loop with 10.11.2 than i had with 10.10.2, so i'm a little bummed.

received 10.11.2 yesterday. It's a little smoother when turning(Less oscillation). However, interventions and disengagements are Same-O Same-O. It still thinks a bicycle lane is an actual car lane and chooses it after turning right. This has been going on since I've been on FSD beta. Also, poor lane choice decision making still persists. It annoyingly decides to change to the left lane when a right turn is quickly approaching. It waits until the last second and tries to squeeze back in to the right lane which causes annoyance and anger for fellow drivers. Initially, I thought it was trying to be more assertive in passing but it also does this in chill mode and also when cars in both lanes are going about the same speed. And other issues too numerous to mention..

Nothing you are going to do will make it show up. It’s either provisioned for your VIN or it’s not. It’s currently not.
thank you, but that's not what I was meaning.
What I meant was the date wasn't current. Usually the message is “Your car is up to date as of current date/time” but its showing a date from yesterday which means it can't contact the update servers. Hence trying different wifi etc.
(Update)
Powering off got it checking updates again.

thank you, but that's not what I was meaning.
What I meant was the date wasn't current. Usually the message is “Your car is up to date as of current date/time” but its showing a date from yesterday which means it can't contact the update servers. Hence trying different wifi etc.
(Update)
Powering off got it checking updates again.
Mine was doing the same thing, it did fix itself today. Still no 10.11.2 yet.

Here's what I noticed going from 10.10.2 to 10.11.2. The unlined residential roads leading to my house have previously caused FSD beta to drive at the posted speed limit (30 mph) and wobble from the right to the center. With the most recent version, it tends to stay more consistently to the right and for some reason, drives at 25 mph. I've never seen FSD beta drive anywhere below 30 mph, even if the posted speed limit was lower.

Turns are much smoother, primarily due to regen being used to slow down for stops and yields. There is hardly any phantom braking.

Else, not much new, either good or bad. Multilane roundabouts are worse, if that's possible. At one roundabout, it did not follow the navigation and left the roundabout at the first exit rather than the correct third exit.

Only took 10.11.2 out for a quick drive so far, but the way I’d describe it is: smoother, but when it screws up, it seems to do so with more misplaced confidence than before. I had it swerve into a bike lane and stay there, had to cancel. Strangely, I also had it make a wrong turn at two intersections, which is behavior I haven’t personally experienced with FSD Beta in the past. Just straight up turned right instead of going straight, then looped itself around the block to go straight.