Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It looks like they got plenty of data from the 20,000 or so testers and quickly determined that they had another bad release. It's getting pretty far along for there to still be FSD software crashes.

Tesla should need no more data from 10.10.2 cars. Those vehicles have been testing for months now. And, if they needed comparative data for fixes, they wouldn't have updated the 10.11.1 cars so quickly.

No, this smacks of a very problematic 10.11 release, followed by two knee-jerk fixes that have not gone well. Maybe there was pressure to get a new release out before the big Giga Texas event so the influencers would come and spread the joy.
Not sure how you're coming to that conclusion. 10.11.0 was released to a handful of people (about 250 on TeslaFi) then stoped. The same thing happened with 10.11.1, then 10.11.2 was released initially to a smaller cohort, then to a much larger group (about 1500 on TeslaFi) and everyone on 11.0 and 11.1 was upgraded to 11.2.

It would seem that 11.0 and 11.1 were problematic and 11.2 was the final version they settled on. If they want contemporaneous comparison data they need to leave some users on 10.2.

Not sure how you're coming to that conclusion. 10.11.0 was released to a handful of people (about 250 on TeslaFi) then stoped. The same thing happened with 10.11.1, then 10.11.2 was released initially to a smaller cohort, then to a much larger group (about 1500 on TeslaFi) and everyone on 11.0 and 11.1 was upgraded to 11.2.

It would seem that 11.0 and 11.1 were problematic and 11.2 was the final version they settled on. If they want contemporaneous comparison data they need to leave some users on 10.2.

It looks like they got plenty of data from the 20,000 or so testers and quickly determined that they had another bad release. It's getting pretty far along for there to still be FSD software crashes.

Tesla should need no more data from 10.10.2 cars. Those vehicles have been testing for months now. And, if they needed comparative data for fixes, they wouldn't have updated the 10.11.1 cars so quickly.

No, this smacks of a very problematic 10.11 release, followed by two knee-jerk fixes that have not gone well. Maybe there was pressure to get a new release out before the big Giga Texas event so the influencers would come and spread the joy.
@Supcom Nice guessing but please don't present it as fact.

esla should need no more data from 10.10.2 cars. Those vehicles have been testing for months now. And, if they needed comparative data for fixes, they wouldn't have updated the 10.11.1 cars so quickly.
If they want to run A/B tests they will leave some people on 10.10.2.

They did that with 10.8.1 and 10.9.

The reason you want to compare data from same date is to eliminate weather changes as a factor, for eg.

This version is by far the best version I've used, and it's not even close. Turns are WAY smoother. Creep is vastly improved, especially at right-turns from solid red lights / stop signs. There is a LOT of improvement left to be made. Especially in regards to round-a-bouts, left yellow arrows, and many other things. When I was let into the beta program, the FSD version was 10.2. This version is so much better than that original version, and I'm quite impressed with the progress! Still, a long way to go.

It's the same as before. the route is centered as if the left-bar fully obscured the map. now you can see more of the map, which I like. and the music controls are more reachable. Well, the only reason i control the music with the screen (rarely) is to use the seek scrollbar, which I don't see in this photo :( But in general, I support having more interaction items on the left side of the screen.
Are you sure the route wasn’t centered? With the rest of the stuff being opaque? I feel like it was…. Something about the map looks weird as hell since the 10.11.2 update…. I thought it was the route but maybe I’m wrong. Could someone with MS on older software double check that for me?

Bright sunlight at an angle, esp. when the road is wet completely disrupts perception. Can't make out the lanes. Happens a lot.

To be fair, we can't make out the lines either. But we drive from memory of where the lanes are and some hints when we can see bits and pieces of lines. Perception / Planning needs to get to that level.

View attachment 791002View attachment 791004
Human vision is much better than the cameras on your Tesla. Our better vision will then still feed bits and pieces of lines and road edges that our brain is able to neural net to steer the car. The pixels that your cars cameras produce lack the definition in these situations for the FSD neural net to label these bits and pieces to lines and road edges.

Reactions: pilotSteve
Yeah, don't mind me, it's not FSD. This is nice though.

20220408_220701.jpg

some people are updating to 2022.12.1
Its kinda ridiculous that some are already getting this build when some FSD Beta testers (yes, myself included) are still on a 2021 build (2021.44.30.21 [FSD 10.10.2]). Once upon a time 'beta' meant you are getting the bleeding edge software coming in hot, warts and all. *I fart in your general direction*

Its kinda ridiculous that some are already getting this build when some FSD Beta testers (yes, myself included) are still on a 2021 build (2021.44.30.21 [FSD 10.10.2]). Once upon a time 'beta' meant you are getting the bleeding edge software coming in hot, warts and all. *I fart in your general direction*
Heh - I feel your pain. Our Tesla Wall Connector is in the garage, but we haven’t cleared out that garage stall yet so we usually back up the driveway and run the charging cable under the garage door.

2021.44.30.21 still has the bug where the backup camera freezes momentarily.

Bet you can see where this story is going, eh?

You would be right. A few weeks ago, a young driver, with my wife in the passenger seat, backed into the garage door. $2400 later we have a new garage door.

You're right, but one way to achieve something greater than L3 is for the car to not make any high traffic unprotected left turns. Then we have to hope that the robotaxi doesn't charge by either distance traveled or elapsed time.
I would really like the route planning software to avoid left turns (c.f. Why UPS drivers don't turn left and you probably shouldn't either). On my way to work the car consistently tries to route via a very nasty unprotected left turn, so I always override FSD at a prior turn to avoid it. Going maybe an extra quarter mile gets me a nice traffic light protected two-lane left turn. Costs me maybe 30 seconds, worst case, to go the extra quarter mile.

Human vision is much better than the cameras on your Tesla. Our better vision will then still feed bits and pieces of lines and road edges that our brain is able to neural net to steer the car. The pixels that your cars cameras produce lack the definition in these situations for the FSD neural net to label these bits and pieces to lines and road edges.
Beyond that, the human brain can extrapolate, interpolate, estimate and just plain guess far better than a computer can. Similarly, if I’m driving in a raging snow storm I often times have to guess where the lane is based on other landmarks like signs, trees, etc. because the road is completely obscured. Sure I may be halfway over in the other lane but I’m on the road and not hitting any cars. Or I may intentionally straddle lanes because that’s where the clear path is. Computers can’t do this. That’s one of the reasons I don’t see cars without steering wheels arriving in my lifetime.

Yeah, I hear ya’. I’m suffering. With V11, too. unfortunately, the FSD beta is inseparable from the rest of the software (or Tesla hasn’t bothered to separate it) meaning we get the bleeding edge beta version of FSD but we’re stuck with the other software to which it’s linked. I have a lot of problems with phantom braking and supposedly the newer versions improve it but I have to wait util Father Elon decides it’s time for me to update. *shrug* it’s part of the package. If I don’t want it I can quit being part of the FSD beta program.

Reactions: Ramphex
Beyond that, the human brain can extrapolate, interpolate, estimate and just plain guess far better than a computer can. Similarly, if I’m driving in a raging snow storm I often times have to guess where the lane is based on other landmarks like signs, trees, etc. because the road is completely obscured. Sure I may be halfway over in the other lane but I’m on the road and not hitting any cars. Or I may intentionally straddle lanes because that’s where the clear path is. Computers can’t do this. That’s one of the reasons I don’t see cars without steering wheels arriving in my lifetime.
But that same human brain gets easily distracted by everything on a drive. The computer does not. If everyone watched the road continuously and attentively there would be very few accidents.