Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But that same human brain gets easily distracted by everything on a drive. The computer does not. If everyone watched the road continuously and attentively there would be very few accidents.
If I'm in a chatty conversation while driving, I've been known to miss my turn offs and have to "reroute" to get back on track.

Sounds like real life.

You want ironclad promises on when early access beta software ships ? You are not living in the real world.

Not necessary. FSD code doesn’t have to sit with a particular UI version. In most software development you have different micro services.

You could deploy FSD 10.10.2 on 2022.8.3 if you wanted. Maybe Tesla doesn’t have this capability, but they should.

VERY CLOSE CALL FOR ME.

I was leaving my Neighborhood on a very tight right hand curve. The car was in FSD trying to touch mirrors with all the car parked along the road as usual. Suddenly one of the drivers doors flings open and the driver yakking on his phone jumps out without even looking for on coming traffic. I almost put him through his door. How stupid can you be. Thankfully I had my hand on the wheel and jerked hard left and swung out just in time. I don't even think FSD had time to react, no sounds, brakes, or movement. I didn't even look for one coming traffic cause I was going to take him out. No time to stop either.

I don't blame FSD at all on this one other than we are so close to parked cars. That guy was wrong and was at fault. I sent clips to Tesla and should have it saved on my flash drive. This time I beat FSD to reaction time so now we are tied 1-1 on emergency action. Remember to stay vigilant with or without FSD.....

VERY CLOSE CALL FOR ME.

I was leaving my Neighborhood on a very tight right hand curve. The car was in FSD trying to touch mirrors with all the car parked along the road as usual. Suddenly one of the drivers doors flings open and the driver yakking on his phone jumps out without even looking for on coming traffic. I almost put him through his door. How stupid can you be. Thankfully I had my hand on the wheel and jerked hard left and swung out just in time. I don't even think FSD had time to react, no sounds, brakes, or movement. I didn't even look for one coming traffic cause I was going to take him out. No time to stop either.

I don't blame FSD at all on this one other than we are so close to parked cars. That guy was wrong and was at fault. I sent clips to Tesla and should have it saved on my flash drive. This time I beat FSD to reaction time so now we are tied 1-1 on emergency action. Remember to stay vigilant with or without FSD.....
Well, that is a strike against you. Yanking on the wheel like that. But if you would have hit him, that would have been 3 strikes for you. So good job staying alert!

I don't blame FSD at all on this one other than we are so close to parked cars.
I try to see if there is anyone in the parked cars for this situation.

They need to increase their default space from parked cars when the other side is not tight. There is plenty of space in neighborhood roads - won't be in city downtown.

I probably give parked cars one car width of space when I drive. FSD probably leaves 2 to 3 ft. Not enough.

Reactions: tmoz
I’d really love if beta stayed more towards the center. It spends too much time towards parked cars on the right. I would never drive as close to the right as beta does. Maybe, hopefully at some point there be selection criteria that allows you to fine tune stuff like that to your preference.

Not necessary. FSD code doesn’t have to sit with a particular UI version. In most software development you have different micro services.

You could deploy FSD 10.10.2 on 2022.8.3 if you wanted. Maybe Tesla doesn’t have this capability, but they should.
“Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, defendant Tesla chose to include Kubernetes in their life-critical, real-time software stack so that volunteer beta testers could also colorize their virtual car avatar. Clearly giving volunteer beta testers this crucial capability within hours of its rollout to other Tesla customers was more important than eliminating the unforeseeable possibility that—as we now know—a Linux bug didn’t follow Kubernetes’ orchestration instructions to give the vision processing microservice real time priority, and therefore miss the plaintiff stepping off the curb, leading to his becoming a permanent quadriplegic.

“We know that most software development is done on Linux servers running microservices, and therefore general industry best practices should be blindly followed rather than evaluating whether a particular scenario calls for a different approach due to unique real time processing and life safety requirements.

“In summary, it wasn’t Tesla’s fault that the Linux bug was introduced by a judgement-proof graduate student—as part of a class exercise—who has received his computer science degree from an American university and returned to his home country. So you should find for defendant Tesla and leave the plaintiff unable to make a living, feed himself, or even clean himself, because he cannot afford a full time caregiver.”

“Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, defendant Tesla chose to include Kubernetes in their life-critical, real-time software stack so that volunteer beta testers could also colorize their virtual car avatar. Clearly giving volunteer beta testers this crucial capability within hours of its rollout to other Tesla customers was more important than eliminating the unforeseeable possibility that—as we now know—a Linux bug didn’t follow Kubernetes’ orchestration instructions to give the vision processing microservice real time priority, and therefore miss the plaintiff stepping off the curb, leading to his becoming a permanent quadriplegic.

“We know that most software development is done on Linux servers running microservices, and therefore general industry best practices should be blindly followed rather than evaluating whether a particular scenario calls for a different approach due to unique real time processing and life safety requirements.

“In summary, it wasn’t Tesla’s fault that the Linux bug was introduced by a judgement-proof graduate student—as part of a class exercise—who has received his computer science degree from an American university and returned to his home country. So you should find for defendant Tesla and leave the plaintiff unable to make a living, feed himself, or even clean himself, because he cannot afford a full time caregiver.”

1649607559256.jpeg

Beyond that, the human brain can extrapolate, interpolate, estimate and just plain guess far better than a computer can. Similarly, if I’m driving in a raging snow storm I often times have to guess where the lane is based on other landmarks like signs, trees, etc. because the road is completely obscured. Sure I may be halfway over in the other lane but I’m on the road and not hitting any cars. Or I may intentionally straddle lanes because that’s where the clear path is. Computers can’t do this. That’s one of the reasons I don’t see cars without steering wheels arriving in my lifetime.

I’d really love if beta stayed more towards the center. It spends too much time towards parked cars on the right. I would never drive as close to the right as beta does. Maybe, hopefully at some point there be selection criteria that allows you to fine tune stuff like that to your preference.
The infamous "it depends" on the road and conditions. I drive a windy rural road where FSD stays near the middle which means at every blind corner I have to disengage. So in my situation FSD needs to keep the car as far right as possible. Hopefully it will get smart enough to handle multiple situations.