Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It does look like 10.11.2. will not be rolled any wider, with 4 days of no action. They have about 60% of testers on it.
I agree, my first impressions weren't great but I am starting to notice some things that have gotten better.
Faster turns and decision making from a stop, less hard braking coming to a stop sign or red light. Also I have a new interstate near my office that isn't mapped properly yet and it never made the on or off ramp before. It is making it now

It does look like 10.11.2. will not be rolled any wider, with 4 days of no action. They have about 60% of testers on it.
Dammit! That means I'm stuck being a valuable source of herky-jerky turn data! 😖

In all seriousness, I often wonder if there's much point in me continuing to use FSD on my current version. It's very consistent in its behavior and unless I'm driving roads that I don't typically drive I can pretty accurately predict when it's going to fail.

Dammit! That means I'm stuck being a valuable source of herky-jerky turn data! 😖

In all seriousness, I often wonder if there's much point in me continuing to use FSD on my current version. It's very consistent in its behavior and unless I'm driving roads that I don't typically drive I can pretty accurately predict when it's going to fail.
My $0.02 is that it's long as they're still investing in the data I'll keep sending it.

Zero clue what it contributes or improves but if they're paying to download and store it I'll generate it.

I agree with you that on drives where I know it sucks I don't use it. I try to engage where I can.

My $0.02 is that it's long as they're still investing in the data I'll keep sending it.

Zero clue what it contributes or improves but if they're paying to download and store it I'll generate it.

I agree with you that on drives where I know it sucks I don't use it. I try to engage where I can.
Yeah, I figure I’ll keep using it and sending reports. There’s a lot of areas where it does quite well and I do enjoy letting my car do the work. It would be nice if Tesla actually gave some guidance saying what was helpful or not helpful. But then communication isn’t really Tesla’s strong point.

I agree, my first impressions weren't great but I am starting to notice some things that have gotten better.
Faster turns and decision making from a stop, less hard braking coming to a stop sign or red light. Also I have a new interstate near my office that isn't mapped properly yet and it never made the on or off ramp before. It is making it now
Which interstate is that?

i think at this point its fair to say they've either changed their methodologies or simply found some superfluous benefit in doing A/B testing. could be they are trying to nail down one specific aspect in this manner. i wonder if they they've actually always done it this way but it wasn't until greater numbers were involved and the pace slowed that the patterns became clear.

also, to those on lower version numbers.... i guarantee your data is still worthwhile to them. even when you are not using FSD Beta i am sure the car is running analytics. and reguardless it's not like its completely different software version to version, 99% of it is exactly the same, so while you are not testing a few minor aspects you are most defiantly providing valuable data in the other 99% and very valuable comparison data with the rest. so keep at it, we are all waiting!! haha :)

As the software progresses, there’s less and less low hanging fruit so the fixes become more difficult and involved. As most of us have seen, changing the code can have negative consequences, too, so I’m sure A/B testing is actually more useful now than it was initially. (Assuming that’s what they’re doing)
For me the low hanging fruit is just to keep drivers behind me from driving up my butt causing me to accelerate or disengage after FSD forces the car to stop.;)

I think I now know why I'm still on 10.10.2... Elon noticed my high usage of the 'exterior fart' feature and didn't want me to lose it with 10.11.* so he's holding me back on 10.10.2. Thanks good guy Elon! Right guys? guys?
I think you did something much more egregious like I did. Not sure what that is, because my car can only fart internally, and I am still on 10.10.2 ;)