Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congratulations to everyone getting the new update! My best advice is to drive for a few days before you give a first impression. I was off base quite a bit with my first thoughts. I have been using it for a week now and put on 500 fsd miles. I am starting to see the incremental improvements. I would now give it 3 steps forward and 1 step back. Keep your foot near the brake on turns on complete stops, it sometimes makes fast decisions to just go for it, meaning the "creep" goes quick sometimes, and of course it does make a bad choice about 10% of the time. Also, I have fast wifi right next to the car and this update was the longest to download and install since I started in fsd beta last September.
Thanks for the heads up - I just got the notification but I'm at work so I'll wait until tomorrow to update at home. Had it randomly veer into a left turn lane for no reason on my way to work and was just thinking how old it's getting having 10.2 continually do that. Hopefully 11.2 does better...

Downloaded and installing now.

Unfortunately my cameras are still recalibrating from mobile service swapping out the side repeater camera with the new version that doesn’t have the light leak from the turn signal.

Going from 10.10.2 to 10.11.2.

Looks like at least half of the remaining 10.10.2 are getting it now. I’d most would be moved up by tomorrow. Seems like 10.10.2 is closing out for pretty much all beta people.

Congrats all of you that have been waiting since 10.10.2.

Last edited:
Big push for multiple softwares. Pic for those who don’t think Tesla servers can handle large rollouts.

87B6B3A1-B04F-4D7F-BA01-8753E98661BC.png

• Funny
Reactions: FSDtester#1
First 10.11.2 impression: Car stopped two car lengths from the first stop sign, then rolled right past the sign like it wasn't there. Did better on other stop signs. It also stopped three car lengths behind one traffic light stop line. And, it exhibited one annoying PB even on a 50 mph highway where it slowed down immediately after changing lanes in front of another car then refused to speed back up until I disengaged/reengaged FSD beta. Then, It Phantom braked as it was approaching a green light. After that, the car sat at a traffic light after it turned green. It appears that the planner wanted to turn left the wrong way on a one way street and was waiting for the cross traffic to clear up! Finally, the car attempts to exit a roundabout where there was no exit!

I did retry the road with most of the problems and navigated without issue the second time. Go figure!

There was some good news. The car does take off more smoothly from stop signs and traffic lights.

I'll do more testing tomorrow in the daylight (with more traffic).

Reactions: Richt and Ramphex
Unfortunately my cameras are still recalibrating from mobile service swapping out the side repeater camera with the new version that doesn’t have the light leak from the turn signal.
Under warranty or did you have to pay?

I reported this, but the service people didn't know what I was talking about. Then they wanted video proof, and after video proof they wanted exact time stamps. Haha

First 10.11.2 impression

It turned on the turn signal when stopping at a 4 way stop despite going straight. It said it was indicating changing lanes, but the one lane goes to 2 lanes. It's not well marked and it's basically a pick a lane situation. In past builds it would simply get into the right lane. Turning the turn signals on is dangerous as its saying I want to turn right.

On two occasions it swerved away from on coming vehicles that were clearly in their own lane, and no threat to my lane.

I was hoping it would stop turning on the turn signals during a couple corners on the way home from work, but it still turned them on.

Reactions: Richt
Congratulations to everyone getting the new update! My best advice is to drive for a few days before you give a first impression. I was off base quite a bit with my first thoughts. I have been using it for a week now and put on 500 fsd miles. I am starting to see the incremental improvements. I would now give it 3 steps forward and 1 step back. Keep your foot near the brake on turns on complete stops, it sometimes makes fast decisions to just go for it, meaning the "creep" goes quick sometimes, and of course it does make a bad choice about 10% of the time. Also, I have fast wifi right next to the car and this update was the longest to download and install since I started in fsd beta last September.
I would agree with Ryan. Take it easy and be ready to stop mine has pulled out in traffic and not stopped in time.

my car still keeps tracking on what is happening in the lane to my right. I was on a 50 MPH road and the car slowed and stopped for a broke down car on the right shoulder. Acted like I was pulling up to a red light, normal stop,wtf?

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Under warranty or did you have to pay?

I reported this, but the service people didn't know what I was talking about. Then they wanted video proof, and after video proof they wanted exact time stamps. Haha

Goodwill under warranty.

I had no was no logs to support it. But I was able to send multiple videos of the cameras. Tesla doesn’t consider the glare by itself a defect. Took two visits. Mobile service said they would report it as needing to be replaced. Shop canceled it for whatever reason. I put it in again. And same mobile service talked to them and it was added back. I gusss I got lucky?

First 10.11.2 impression

It turned on the turn signal when stopping at a 4 way stop despite going straight. It said it was indicating changing lanes, but the one lane goes to 2 lanes. It's not well marked and it's basically a pick a lane situation. In past builds it would simply get into the right lane. Turning the turn signals on is dangerous as its saying I want to turn right.

The turn indicators are definitely more chaotic in this version. For example, signaling right when approaching a traffic circle even though it needs to take the second ”exit”, or using turn indicators to follow curves on a private road where it could mean I’m about to turn into a parking lot

Oh, one regression I noticed is this version no longer visualizes speed bumps for whatever reason, again

Reactions: S4WRXTTCS