Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My WAG from the video is that the concrete color and the bright sun are factors. Before the corner there's high contrast between the blacktop and the lighter curb concrete, but then right at the turn the concrete suddenly runs out into the road surface a bit, and in the bright light it might have trouble telling where the raised part of the true curb even starts, depending on shadows mostly.

That setup is probably less common in some areas than others, and hopefully it will get better at this stuff over time. Even a distracted or careless human might get slightly confused there in the right situation and lighting; they should probably paint it in general.

Would be nice to know exactly where this curb is in CA. It looks to me like it's possibly just a really short turn lane relative to the typical speed of travel so the car just gets over too quickly. This is pretty uncommon in CA, except on older streets turn lanes are usually pretty long.

In any case, clearly can't be trusted in any situation which might require above average precision on the part of a human driver. And also in situations outside of those, where it just decides to inexplicably cut corners.

Like most over beta builds it's a mixed bag; two steps forward and one back.

Four way stops seem better. MUCH less creeping. It doesn't crawl out until it's sitting in the middle of the intersection and then proceed. It's still overly cautious but works much better.

No longer slams on the breaks for motorcycles parked on the street thinking they're going to pull out in front of it.

Lane selection is much worse. It'll merge over to the left to keep going straight like the planned route; but then it swerves harshly back into the right only lane. At which point I took over since not only was it the wrong direction it was going so fast that it seemed like it was going to hit something each time. This happened NUMERIOUS times on multiple drives in multiple areas.

Had my first instance since being on beta back in October of the car crossing a double yellow line while going through a turn. I think I saved the dash cam video, will check tomorrow. It happened on a fairly sharp curve yet the car was plenty slow enough to negotiate it just fine. Seems this release has been a bit of regression for me. There was no oncoming traffic so no safety issue.

Four way stops seem better. MUCH less creeping. It doesn't crawl out until it's sitting in the middle of the intersection and then proceed. It's still overly cautious but works much better.
I haven't been able to test 4 way stops yet because it keeps doing the wrong thing.

One day on the way home it turned on the turn signal despite going straight
The next day on the way to work it went out of turn so I stopped it
The day after on the way to work it was too slow to go so I took over.

Basically the only way for me to test 4 way stops is not to have any other cars at the stop. Or maybe get 4 buddies (if I had 4 buddies) to get together to test 4 way stops over and over using their cars to assist the testing.

D59B42A3-2BBB-430C-959A-865305AE2866.jpeg

@Rusty1 what exactly do you disagree with here? Were new people added as of Tuesday?

Reactions: Phlier
I haven't been able to test 4 way stops yet because it keeps doing the wrong thing.

One day on the way home it turned on the turn signal despite going straight
The next day on the way to work it went out of turn so I stopped it
The day after on the way to work it was too slow to go so I took over.

Basically the only way for me to test 4 way stops is not to have any other cars at the stop. Or maybe get 4 buddies (if I had 4 buddies) to get together to test 4 way stops over and over using their cars to assist the testing.

I’m very shocked by everyone saying stop signs are better. Because I’ve been testing for over a week with 11.2, and any time there are other people or cars at the stop sign I get behavior like you mention and I have to intervene. Maybe I’ll try recalibrating my camera because my experience says 11.2 is a fat regression with 4 way stops

I’m very shocked by everyone saying stop signs are better. Because I’ve been testing for over a week with 11.2, and any time there are other people or cars at the stop sign I get behavior like you mention and I have to intervene. Maybe I’ll try recalibrating my camera because my experience says 11.2 is a fat regression with 4 way stops

Doubt it makes a differences but I did recalibrate my cameras before using 11.2

I got a weird first drive on my 11.2 install:

"⚠ Cruise Control Unavailable"

Incase you can't tell what's happening, it thinks it's at a dead end intersection that is MOVING with the car but preventing it from going into Cruise or FSD. Even on the highway there was one of those Stop Lines painted under the car that moved with the car and prevented me from activating.

Called Tesla and they just had me put the car to sleep for 2 minutes, worked like a charm.

Maybe I’m wrong and new people were added.

Unlikely—unless all of the new FSD users don’t subscribe to TeslaFi:

BD973362-8E42-45AE-AA05-35FA58F1FA43.jpeg

(Source: TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker)

Don't get your hopes up, could just be a server or literally anything else but my safety score just disappeared, 99 score 2000+ miles.
This is consistent with a Tesla decision to forego adding new FSD beta users until they’re ready to roll it out to everyone who has bought FSD, not just good drivers.

After trying 10.11.2 for a couple of days I’m generally pleased with the incremental improvement. It more quickly determines that the wide shoulder on the road outside my subdivision isn’t a traffic lane, and roundabouts are much smoother. The oscillation—between potential turn lines off the main road into my subdivision—has been dampened, but is still noticeably present.

The long tar strips in the middle of wide streets are still interpreted as lane markers. And I’m still a much smoother driver, so probably won’t engage FSD when I have my wife in the car. (She has some health issues that make her particularly sensitive to sudden accelerations in any axis.)

Reactions: FSDtester#1
This is consistent with a Tesla decision to forego adding new FSD beta users until they’re ready to roll it out to everyone who has bought FSD, not just good drivers.
Where was it stated that this was Tesla's decision? Or is just an assumption based on lack of new invites? If Tesla made that decision, it would seem that they would remove the "FSD button" and safety score.

Plus Elon tweeted the opposite last month

Screen Shot 2022-04-15 at 9.56.55 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-04-15 at 9.55.37 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-15 at 9.55.37 AM.png
    84.2 KB · Views: 30
Where was it stated that this was Tesla's decision? Or is just an assumption based on lack of new invites? If Tesla made that decision, it would seem that they would remove the "FSD button" and safety score.

Plus Elon tweeted the opposite last month

View attachment 793972
You always need to put an asterisk after everything Elon tweets. Seriously - look through his history of promises. Although many of them come true it's virtually never 'on time.' Expecting something to happen when he says it will is a good way to be disappointed.

Maybe, it clearly says disagree though lmao. Maybe he knows something we don’t…. Maybe I’m wrong and new people were added. He can feel free to chime in @Rusty1
@Ramphex - I think its just expressing displeasure at the fact, not your post. But the post is accurate so a disagree IS an odd way to express a dislike.
Perhaps a carry-over with Twitter/Youtube where thumbs down means disagree.

The better question is why? Elon's statement that 95 scores will get the beta is only true if they actually open it up to new users. I think they have reached a saturation point where adding additional users is no longer helpful.