Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where was it stated that this was Tesla's decision? Or is just an assumption based on lack of new invites? If Tesla made that decision, it would seem that they would remove the "FSD button" and safety score.
No-one actually knows of course, and I would certainly not trust Elon's tweets as in any way definitive. First, Tesla do add new testers, if nothing else to top-up the pool as testers drop off (inevitable). However, bear in mind the goal here is to gather data to improve the beta, and there is only so much data from testers they can assimilate, so they will tend to keep the pool sized based on the incoming dataset.

I had a Tesla rep call me (since I had a notification of 10.11.2 but then nothing showed up in the app. She explained my car (10.2.2) was up to date and not all 10.2's would be getting 10.11.2. She didn't explain beyond that so it's possible some of us will be stuck on 10.10.2 and new beta drivers are accepted. It wouldn't bother me in the slightest and hopefully everyone who has FSD can participate.

I had a Tesla rep call me (since I had a notification of 10.11.2 but then nothing showed up in the app. She explained my car (10.2.2) was up to date and not all 10.2's would be getting 10.11.2. She didn't explain beyond that so it's possible some of us will be stuck on 10.10.2 and new beta drivers are accepted. It wouldn't bother me in the slightest and hopefully everyone who has FSD can participate.
you mean your car is on 10.10.2, right?

I'm confused by this. 10.2.2? Also, if nothing showed up on the app, what was the "notification" you got? Since the update showing up in the app IS typically the only notification. I'm also dubious that the rep knew anything about the overall beta schedule/plans, especially on a VIN by VIN basis.

Reactions: clydeiii
I'm confused by this. 10.2.2? Also, if nothing showed up on the app, what was the "notification" you got? Since the update showing up in the app IS typically the only notification. I'm also dubious that the rep knew anything about the overall beta schedule/plans, especially on a VIN by VIN basis.
Sorry, I wasn't clear and didn't tell the whole story. I received the notification on "States' a third party app saying I had the new software to install. I opened the Tesla app and found nothing. I sent Tesla a service request and they called me, and sent me a message (attached) explaining I was on the latest software for my car. 10-10-2-17, I assume that's just 10.10.2.

Attachments

• IMG_775664ACD168-1.jpeg
    IMG_775664ACD168-1.jpeg
    197.1 KB · Views: 68
need to actually pay closer attention and see whether it is using FSD here - I think it is not.

Circling around on this, yeah, as expected, it's not using FSD here, with the traffic lights, no right turn on red, transition to surface streets (not actually a transition, just a transitory transition), etc. (hadn't really been paying attention before). So it predictably handles it poorly, either by:

1) Attempting to run straight into the barrier.

2) Halfheartedly making it partway through the turn, then bringing up the red wheel and shrieking in alarm.

3) Panicking with the red wheel prior to even beginning the turn.

Anyway, all completely expected. Just not something it can handle (and probably the programming in radarless EAP non-FSD mode pre-disposes it to failure I suppose). Also handles the first few hundred yards beyond that point extremely poorly (has no idea what the speed limit is, etc.). Of course it also attempts to turn right on red. But this is all without FSD so it's kind of irrelevant to this discussion.

Need that single stack, then I'm sure this will be handled "butter smooth." :rolleyes: I think it's a few months late. As I recall, a few versions ago "could have been called version 11." In spite of the lack of single stack.

Sad to say this version was definitely a regression on my M3. Did a bunch of intersections with stop signs and it would either stop way too far back and then take forever to creep through it, not yield to other cars that had the right of way first, or creep through the intersection before getting up to speed. This is the first release where I seen a regression. It's beta, I'm OK with that. Just reporting my experiences.

Reactions: PACEMD
Sad to say this version was definitely a regression on my M3. Did a bunch of intersections with stop signs and it would either stop way too far back and then take forever to creep through it, not yield to other cars that had the right of way first, or creep through the intersection before getting up to speed. This is the first release where I seen a regression. It's beta, I'm OK with that. Just reporting my experiences.
My experience also (though some things improved) .. usually this is an indication they have shifted to a new model/paradigm for some part of the stack, which (initially) isnt as tuned/refined as the old one, but is expected to exceed the old one as it matures. This is pure speculation on my part, but is quite common, especially in non-deterministic stacks like FSD. Hence the "two steps forward, one back" behavior.

My experience also (though some things improved) .. usually this is an indication they have shifted to a new model/paradigm for some part of the stack, which (initially) isnt as tuned/refined as the old one, but is expected to exceed the old one as it matures. This is pure speculation on my part, but is quite common, especially in non-deterministic stacks like FSD. Hence the "two steps forward, one back" behavior.

I’ve noticed the same two steps forward one back. For me 10.8 was two steps forward, 10.9 was one back, 10.10…two forward, and 10.11…one back. (Just from my personal experience), I understand lots of people are happy with 10.11. Hoping 10.12 will refine the new models

About once every Beta I get my nerve up to allow this turn. While so far my wheels have survived my teeth and blood pressure take a beating.:oops:

View attachment 793335
About once every Beta I get my nerve up to allow this turn. While so far my wheels have survived my teeth and blood pressure take a beating.:oops:

View attachment 793335
Yours are nothing compare to mine. See my latest take. And here is what’s more exciting: I go thru there twice a day.

Last edited:
Yours are nothing compare to mine. And here is what’s more exciting: I go thru there twice a day.
Thanks to the new feature of showing the side camera view I can monitor all the turns now. I've grown more confident of the turns.

10.11.2 seems to be better at turns - esp. when there is a turn into a road where there are cars waiting on the otherside, which used to be a problem for 10.10.2. FSD would go too close to the standing line of cars .... now it seems to be nicely in the middle between the cars and the curb.

Still too fast for my liking - if it takes the turns slower, it will be easier to be centered and make any corrections if need be.

Thanks for posting. Will make me be extra vigilant. What is it about this curb that makes it do this? It seems relatively innocuous and not that sharp so surprised it fails so badly. Generally I’ve not had problems with curbs, though I am always on the lookout and sometimes intervene when it seems close and it makes a lunge for one (so maybe I do have problems with curbs).
You don’t have to be extra vigilant. This is not a new behavior. As I mentioned, it was already like this on 10.10.2. 10.8.1 is slightly better. I believe in 10.8.1 the car “swerves” into the turn lane, and 10.10.2 smoothed it out, but it makes the behavior at this intersection worse.

The attached satellite image perfectly explains the situation. The lane narrows down right before the turn lane. So it is an edge case and the car shouldn’t hit curb at normal turn lane. I do think the car does place the curb correctly at the last moment according to the visualization.

Attachments

• F0BBC881-92FF-4DEB-B7AC-46F3FC086EF4.jpeg
    F0BBC881-92FF-4DEB-B7AC-46F3FC086EF4.jpeg
    510.4 KB · Views: 44
  • Informative
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Where was it stated that this was Tesla's decision? Or is just an assumption based on lack of new invites? If Tesla made that decision, it would seem that they would remove the "FSD button" and safety score.

Read all the words. I said it was consistent with such a decision. Not that such a decision was made. Just something to watch for.

And elsewhere we have read reports of safety scores disappearing.

Thanks to the new feature of showing the side camera view I can monitor all the turns now. I've grown more confident of the turns.

[…]

Still too fast for my liking - if it takes the turns slower, it will be easier to be centered and make any corrections if need be.
Ditto. It’s a teenage driver with inhumanly accurate estimates of where the lane markings are, and how long it will take for a yellow light to turn red.

LOL. Absolutely - FSD will nonchalantly go through yellow lights. They must be calculating that car can safely pass yellow lights. Most of us would brake ...
Yeah. Here in Washington it’s legal to enter an intersection on a yellow light. No need to clear the intersection before it turns red.

“Vehicle operators facing a steady circular yellow or yellow arrow signal are thereby warned that the related green movement is being terminated or that a red indication will be exhibited immediately thereafter when vehicular traffic shall not enter the intersection.”

• Informative
Reactions: Iain