Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Ramphex - I think its just expressing displeasure at the fact, not your post. But the post is accurate so a disagree IS an odd way to express a dislike.
Perhaps a carry-over with Twitter/Youtube where thumbs down means disagree.

The better question is why? Elon's statement that 95 scores will get the beta is only true if they actually open it up to new users. I think they have reached a saturation point where adding additional users is no longer helpful.
Then remove the damn “enroll” button and end the safety score madness and mayhem!

Yours are nothing compare to mine. See my latest take. And here is what’s more exciting: I go thru there twice a day.
I guess you mean quality of picture since mine came a lot closer to hitting the curb (and the curb is a lot taller). Also I go thru 5 x a week and while I do disengage more often than not it was not literal (it was hyperbole, as was BP and teeth) that I only allow once an update.

IMG_0756 (1).jpeg
IMG_0294.jpeg

Last edited:
I have to imagine that the expectations for 10.12, 10.13, etc., etc. have to be really low by the tester community.
At 3 weeks per dot increment, we should be up to 10.25 or so by the end of the year, the time at which Musk would be surprised if Tesla hasn't figured out FSD.
So do they keep on incrementing 10.xx in the hopes of solving the problems FSD has, or is another rewrite of some sort needed?
And at what point does Tesla say that 10.xx isn't taking us to where we want to go?
Or conversely, at what point do they have confidence that 10.xx will take us to the "good enough" finish line?

I have to imagine that the expectations for 10.12, 10.13, etc., etc. have to be really low by the tester community.
At 3 weeks per dot increment, we should be up to 10.25 or so by the end of the year, the time at which Musk would be surprised if Tesla hasn't figured out FSD.
So do they keep on incrementing 10.xx in the hopes of solving the problems FSD has, or is another rewrite of some sort needed?
And at what point does Tesla say that 10.xx isn't taking us to where we want to go?
Or conversely, at what point do they have confidence that 10.xx will take us to the "good enough" finish line?
I think it's pretty well known that version 10.x is not going to be sufficient. We are all waiting for the mythical 11.X to be released with the single stack and great leap forward touted by the CEO's puffery.

When will 11.x be released? That's the great mystery.

I think it's pretty well known that version 10.x is not going to be sufficient. We are all waiting for the mythical 11.X to be released with the single stack and great leap forward touted by the CEO's puffery.

When will 11.x be released? That's the great mystery.
I would think they would want to get the 10.xx features under better control before integrating, but what do I know?

It is the closest reaction we have to dislike. I don’t disagree with the statement. To add Canadian testers without adding more US testers is disappointing.
The dislikes count against people. Not that I care, but this forum isn’t designed with the dislikes to dislike the thought, it’s designed to dislike what someone is posting.

Heck I can't even get the XM Radio to work correctly, and now the GPS Maps show me 1 mile off the correct location. Why would I expect FSD to work any better than the rest of the systems. Back to the SC again for the 10th time since November for this contraption. (2021 MSP). (I've already tried all the resets, power downs for 5 min, tire selection switch and reboot, clear view of the sky, 12V power disconnect.) My cell phone GPS works twice as good, my Honda Civic and Toyota Rav4 are 100% more reliable.) Yeah...it's fast...big deal. FSD Beta...Nice bar room toy.

BTW where does it show what version of Beta FSD we're on?

For most people, good luck finding it, that further confuses things.

Why not on the App? Or the web page?

Brain dead simple.

All you have to do is look at the release notes in the car. It gives you the firmware version; FSD beta build - if you have one installed l, and (most of) the release notes summary and detail changes.

The car will even open it for you automatically the next time you get in after an update.

Everyone should know where release notes are; or should get familiar with it.

TeslaScope however also brings up much more details of the release notes; such as undocumented changes. But you need to know which firmware version you have installed.

TeslaFi as prior poster mentioned will tell you which beta you are on if you know the firmware installed which you have to loop up. Unless you create a TeslaFi account. Bu for release notes it just refers you to TeslaScope.

There are many, many other options on various apps and webpages. Some like TeslaFi you can create an account and give it yourself remission to access your car data directly.

Sad to say this version was definitely a regression on my M3. Did a bunch of intersections with stop signs and it would either stop way too far back and then take forever to creep through it, not yield to other cars that had the right of way first, or creep through the intersection before getting up to speed. This is the first release where I seen a regression. It's beta, I'm OK with that. Just reporting my experiences.
My experience also (though some things improved) .. usually this is an indication they have shifted to a new model/paradigm for some part of the stack, which (initially) isnt as tuned/refined as the old one, but is expected to exceed the old one as it matures. This is pure speculation on my part, but is quite common, especially in non-deterministic stacks like FSD. Hence the "two steps forward, one back" behavior.
Yeah, after driving a while I have to agree with the above statements. Turns are smoother in general, although I still get a fair number of the stuttering, herky-jerky turns. turning into traffic is not perfect but generally better. I’ve had at least one issue where I was in the right lane of a double left turn lane and the car almost cut the person to my left off by trying to turn into the closest lane.

The biggest issues are lane selection and turn signals (maybe they’re related?) The random turn signals are annoying and confusing to other drivers but not generally dangerous. The real issue is the car will decide to dart onto a turn lane instead of going straight on a regular basis. I had this with 10.2, too but it’s probably twice as frequent, now. It’s generally the right turn lane but on occasion it’s done the left turn lane. The other interesting thing I’ve noticed is it‘s almost always on 2 lane roads.

Thanks to the new feature of showing the side camera view I can monitor all the turns now. I've grown more confident of the turns.

10.11.2 seems to be better at turns - esp. when there is a turn into a road where there are cars waiting on the otherside, which used to be a problem for 10.10.2. FSD would go too close to the standing line of cars .... now it seems to be nicely in the middle between the cars and the curb.

Still too fast for my liking - if it takes the turns slower, it will be easier to be centered and make any corrections if need be.
I’ll have to try that - I’d turned off the cameras because I found them completely useless. I haven’t had any problems hitting curbs, though. The big problem I have is when it turns off of a county road (with a soft shoulder) into our development it now turns tighter and hits a pothole in the mud shoulder every time.

• Funny
Reactions: pilotSteve