Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Overall 10.11.2 seems pretty good to me. However, the car seems to cut corners a lot, particularly on left turns, causing it to clip across the yellow lines at the end of the turn (much as many humans do). It also tends to get much closer to the curb on right turns. Overall, it seems to be trying to follow a wider turn circle and so ends up having to suddenly correct its orientation near the end of the turn.

b) speed limits still have issues (map problems)
c) it should creep only until it has enough visibility to confidently turn, not until the edge of where it can possibly go. it often stops just shy of an active lane when it doesn't really have to go that far.

Those are my 2 biggest annoyances.
- When I engage in my neighborhood it takes off like a rocket while I madly scroll the set speed down to something more reasonable/less dangerous.
- It creeps out aggressively and often further than needed. That freaks out the cross traffic who then slow down or swerve, and frequently honk.

I had an almost perfect 20 mile drive today that involved both FSD beta and NOA that would have required zero control inputs or disconnects had someone not tried to change lanes into my car while on NOA. The Tesla screamed bloody murder and probably would have done The Right Thing, but, not wanting to risk it, I hit the brakes to avoid the collision.

Still, great performance on that trip. No phantom braking, pulling into short turn lanes, jerky turns or weird turn signalling. FSD beta even took a right turn on red as a traffic gap opened up and turned into the left-most lane so it could enter an almost immediate onramp. I've never had it do that. It would always turn into the far right lane then try to shift over two lanes before running out of room.

Canada, likely.
I really doubt it. Look at the ratio (2319:93) of FSD beta users on TeslaFi between the US and Canada. That's roughly 25:1. There can't be more than a few thousand Canadian cars with FSD beta if that ratio holds. It is possible the Canadians don't use TeslaFi, but there are approximately as many Teslas in Canada as there are in California. There's no way that Canada could account for 40,000 new FSD beta users.

My guess is that either Elon is flapping his lips or the original 60,000 estimate was incorrect. Or maybe a little of both. The other media estimate floating around is that 150,000 NA users have opted in for FSD beta.

On TeslaFi there were 910 installs of 2021.36.5.2 on 10/24/21 which was then recalled from 11,704 vehicles. There are now ~2,450 FSD Beta installs on TeslaFi suggesting ~32k FSD Beta users if the ratio holds. Perhaps he's including the Safety Score (beta) users in the numbers because they're gathering data from them as well.

• Informative
Reactions: Rusty1
We should know on Wednesday. They will probably have something about this in the ER.
Agreed - the earnings report has a legal requirement for accuracy, so Elon can't make the overly optimistic statements he is so known for.

I know TMC and TeslaFi are just a small subset of drivers but we've seen no evidence new FSD installs on either site so it's hard to believe there's been any significant number added recently.

Got a flat tire on the Plaid today, nail right by the edge. Can't be patched.... called around and sat on the Internet for hours. The tires are nowhere to be found for over a week. Even the tire companies are having supply chain issues!!! The damn things are Michelin and their website says May 9th... wtf?? Driving a rental, farting dinosaurs until tire comes in. Btw, Jeeps don't have fsd.

Got a flat tire on the Plaid today, nail right by the edge. Can't be patched.... called around and sat on the Internet for hours. The tires are nowhere to be found for over a week. Even the tire companies are having supply chain issues!!! The damn things are Michelin and their website says May 9th... wtf?? Driving a rental, farting dinosaurs until tire comes in. Btw, Jeeps don't have fsd.

Always someone selling rim / tires. Did you check if one on Forum or eBay will work for you.

Worth wild having a spare at home and just get towed home when you get a flat locally; and keep in trunk for longer drives.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
I didn't realize the tires are so hard to get. I should probably order my next set now before I need them. What site did you end up ordering them from?

We should know on Wednesday. They will probably have something about this in the ER.
My guess is someone jumped the gun. The number may jump to 100k when they open up the next wave.

There’s no way they added 40k people in Canada or US with 10.11.2 yet.

Nothing in ER about FSD Beta numbers. So, I think Elon is using the wrong stat (probably number of people waiting as well).