Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Incorrect. The AP stack does not run on the MCU,.
Yes and no - combining the stacks will decrease the overhead on the AP computer, but you’re right about the MCU (infotainment/screen interface computer.) which was probably what @jeremymc7 was noticing/asking about and that does not run AP or FSD, just the interface that we interact with.

Tesla switched over from intel Atom processors to faster AMD Ryzen processors recently that reportedly provide a much snappier interface.

I wonder if they’re not taking a full advantage of the new Ryzen chips due to FSD having to be compatible with various different chips.
See above - to my knowledge the Ryzen chips are only on the infotainment interface which is a separate computer from the one that controls FSD. I’m sure they’ve updated that computer at some point as well but I don’t know when.

See above - to my knowledge the Ryzen chips are only on the infotainment interface which is a separate computer from the one that controls FSD. I’m sure they’ve updated that computer at some point as well but I don’t know when.
Curious what chip they run AP/FSD on and whether it’ll be capable of handling future tasks as the software grows or if it’ll need a replacement.

Hopefully it’s somewhat future proof
How future proof is anything in this area? If they put an incredibly powerful processor in it wastes money and energy. Plus FSD is a rapidly developing field in general so no one really know for sure what the ‘final’ code will look like or what kind of processing power it needs.

I imagine they did plan for some expandability but that’s one of those ‘damned if you do, damned if you don’t’ decisions.

While 10.11.2 improved on many things IMO it now muffing even more. It was like a 10 steeps forward and 12 steeps back update to me. How are you supposed to get a 0 intervention drive when it tries to run up on 2 EASY to deal with curbs within a ½ mile?:oops:🤣

The second one is likely an unmapped roundabout ? Those are the ones near my home that I always disengage for.

The second one is likely an unmapped roundabout ? Those are the ones near my home that I always disengage for.
All previous versions went through it about once or twice a week without this problem and it even had a (2) lead car. The line lane is clearly painted and the curb visible so no excuse for not following the line line or aiming for a curb. Also just to add 10.11.2 has done this same thing (aiming for the curb at the beginning) on another roundabout that had not been a problem before.

EDIT: Here is another new wrong behavior. It makes a left turn and then about 100' there is a left turning lane. 10.11.2 is now veering into the left turning lane only to merge back over at the end of it. Strange that this is 10.11.2 specific.

Screen Shot 2022-04-22 at 12.55.26 PM.png

Last edited:
All previous versions went through it about once or twice a week without this problem and it even had a (2) lead car. The line lane is clearly painted and the curb visible so no excuse for not following the line line or aiming for a curb. Also just to add 10.11.2 has done this same thing (aiming for the curb at the beginning) on another roundabout that had not been a problem before.

EDIT: Here is another new wrong behavior. It makes a left turn and then about 100' there is a left turning lane. 10.11.2 is now veering into the left turning lane only to merge back over at the end of it. Strange that this is 10.11.2 specific.

How was the visualization ? Did it show the lane properly ? Wondering if this is a perception or planning issue (I'd guess planning).

Got a flat tire on the Plaid today, nail right by the edge. Can't be patched.... called around and sat on the Internet for hours. The tires are nowhere to be found for over a week. Even the tire companies are having supply chain issues!!! The damn things are Michelin and their website says May 9th... wtf?? Driving a rental, farting dinosaurs until tire comes in. Btw, Jeeps don't have fsd.
Feel your pain, our X got a flat last week inside Washington DC. Roadside said they couldn’t get to us for TWO DAYS! We had it towed in and waited two days for a lucky patch.

I have had multiple flats on my S at the side wall. I’ve gotten to the point I just keep the winter tires on long as possible.

get spares just in case. Did you try tire rack ?

Here is another new wrong behavior. It makes a left turn and then about 100' there is a left turning lane. 10.11.2 is now veering into the left turning lane only to merge back over at the end of it. Strange that this is 10.11.2 specific.
You're late to this party. I had this errant behavior in 10.10.2. It's just gotten worse in 10.11.2.

It's great fun at 50 mph.

Curious what chip they run AP/FSD on and whether it’ll be capable of handling future tasks as the software grows or if it’ll need a replacement.
some info on HW3

Tesla explains the whole process by somewhat following the path that the data from the cameras take. First, the data come in through what is labeled as “Input” at a maximum rate of 2.5 billion pixels per second, which roughly equates to 21 Full HD 1080p screens at 60 frames per second. This a hell of a lot more data than the currently installed sensors create.

Good to know there’s plenty of overhead and this won’t be something I’ll need to replace in a couple of years to keep the FSD beta active.

Reactions: sleepydoc
While 10.11.2 improved on many things IMO it now muffing even more. It was like a 10 steeps forward and 12 steeps back update to me. How are you supposed to get a 0 intervention drive when it tries to run up on 2 EASY to deal with curbs within a ½ mile?:oops:🤣

My feeling too. 11.2 is a bit better on turns, but I am disengaging 11.2 much more frequently on drives around the neighborhood versus 10.2.

11.2 has more random hard swerving left and right that really keeps me on my toes. It's like FSD is trying to avoid ghosts on the road that no one else can see.

Reactions: FSDtester#1