Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if Tesla updates the FSD capabilities without sending an update? I’ve been on 10.2 for months and it’s been fairly good, but today on a five mile drive I hit the snapshot at least 15 x. It’s a route I take all the time with very few disengagements but today it was like I was driving a car several people complain about. It was downright scary. It tried to overtake with oncoming cars, it tried to drive into the curb, it was like it had been taken over with every bad thing I’ve read about on here. Hopefully it will return to normal behavior on the next drive but today it was just terrible.

Our neighborhood has one exit point that turns on to a 55mph road. Traffic is always fairly heavy and and the street is on a slight up hill and one direction has limited site distance.

To top it off the stop sign is WAY back from the actual intersection. FSD Beta has managed to make the left torn one time but that even required a press of the accelerator as it still isn’t sure how to handle it.

Stop sign at the arrow
7CF0F83B-EE0E-451E-95D2-9D4914496DE7.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: FSDtester#1
Total nonsense.
You may have misunderstood the discussion. The point had been made that stopping at the actual Stop Sign is less safe and certainly will annoy those behind you. I agree 100% with that. There have been lots of recent examples supporting this and FSD often times will go past the Stop Sign (slowly) and then creep so it can decide when it's safe to turn.

Reactions: bizi
Does anyone know if Tesla updates the FSD capabilities without sending an update? I’ve been on 10.2 for months and it’s been fairly good, but today on a five mile drive I hit the snapshot at least 15 x. It’s a route I take all the time with very few disengagements but today it was like I was driving a car several people complain about. It was downright scary. It tried to overtake with oncoming cars, it tried to drive into the curb, it was like it had been taken over with every bad thing I’ve read about on here. Hopefully it will return to normal behavior on the next drive but today it was just terrible.
no, they dont (and probably can't). You might want to check your FSD/AP settings to see if they have changed or been reset?

I do feel like some days the car does more tarded stuff than others. Maybe it’s the angle of the sun/shade/cloud combination?
I definitely have more phantom braking when it's very sunny with very pronounced shadows from the tree branches (no leaves yet).
So long shadows early in the morning and late afternoon. Not a perfect correlation but seems to hold true much of the time.

All the same. I better recalibrate the cameras.
It is possible for the map data to be independently updated so that may have changed how the car behaves.

I definitely have more phantom braking when it's very sunny with very pronounced shadows from the tree branches (no leaves yet).
So long shadows early in the morning and late afternoon. Not a perfect correlation but seems to hold true much of the time.
That actually makes sense - high contrast is difficult for cameras to handle. It’s difficult for our eyes to handle too, but our brains are better at compensating.

Reactions: Hbrink
That actually makes sense - high contrast is difficult for cameras to handle. It’s difficult for our eyes to handle too, but our brains are better at compensating.
I'm not so sure about that .. I've had cases where I'm blinded by the sun and snuggling to see lane lanes when the car is showing them as clear as ever (and got them correct). Our brains compensate by trying to look away .. correct when walking in the jungle, not so good when driving a heavy vehicle at speed :)

I'm not so sure about that .. I've had cases where I'm blinded by the sun and snuggling to see lane lanes when the car is showing them as clear as ever (and got them correct). Our brains compensate by trying to look away .. correct when walking in the jungle, not so good when driving a heavy vehicle at speed :)
Yes, but that’s just bright light, not necessary high contrast. I’ve noticed the same thing, too, though. In situations where I‘d expect the camera to be blinded by the bright sunlight it does far better than I’d expect it to.

Reactions: boonedocks
Yes, but that’s just bright light, not necessary high contrast. I’ve noticed the same thing, too, though. In situations where I‘d expect the camera to be blinded by the bright sunlight it does far better than I’d expect it to.

I’m not sure how Tesla is handing it. I’ve seen systems that black out high brightness spots like a setting sun and are able to see the rest of image.

So…. Any rumors about allowing people who bought cars in 2022 into FSD beta?
I've given up. I bought a MSP in Jan '22. I have thousands and thousands of miles and a 99 score. I opted out yesterday after traffic came to a sudden halt and I had to use the brakes and got a hard braking penalty. I'm SICK AND TIRED of worrying about braking, how fast I'm making a turn, following distance , and most of all letting cars that couldn't beat me in chill mode race by me and tell at the light off the highway ramp , "I thought those things are supposed to be fast". I'm all set. I didn't buy so that I could not enjoy it. I'll get it when he releases it to the masses of FSD owners , until then I'm going to have fun driving the greatest car ever. Best of luck to you guys waiting for FSD Beta, I hope you get it soon.

FWIW There is no penalty for hard acceleration. Just need enough space to slow down without hard braking. I drive a MX and have a 99 score with over 1000 miles all in Plaid mode. In fact I have never taken this car out of plaid mode haha. Either way I think you are doing the right thing, we didn’t buy these cars to stress ourselves out over a safety score just in case Tesla feels like letting us into the beta program.

I've given up. I bought a MSP in Jan '22. I have thousands and thousands of miles and a 99 score. I opted out yesterday after traffic came to a sudden halt and I had to use the brakes and got a hard braking penalty. I'm SICK AND TIRED of worrying about braking, how fast I'm making a turn, following distance , and most of all letting cars that couldn't beat me in chill mode race by me and tell at the light off the highway ramp , "I thought those things are supposed to be fast". I'm all set. I didn't buy so that I could not enjoy it. I'll get it when he releases it to the masses of FSD owners , until then I'm going to have fun driving the greatest car ever. Best of luck to you guys waiting for FSD Beta, I hope you get it soon.
If I don't have FSD beta by the middle of May, I'll probably have to do the same thing. I'm moving to a mountainous area of TN so I'll likely get hammered for aggressive turning. Unless I take these roads a very slow speed. I'm not.

Reactions: bizi
Go out and enjoy your MSP! Screw FSD beta...trust me it's not worth driving like a grandma for 4 months.

FWIW There is no penalty for hard acceleration.
I can confirm this.

I got into Beta in the initial round of 100 Safety Score peeps.

I have a Model 3 Performance, and did many, many launches. At the time, I mentioned this on the forums, and a guy said that he was "absolutely sure" that hard acceleration *was* counted against you in a super-secret section of the Safety Score. Surprisingly enough, he was wrong. ;)

I'm betting I had 50 max power 0-60 launches, and at least as many full on max throttle quarter mile runs (it's nice to live in the boonies... sometimes). No effect on SS, and as I said, I got FSD in the first batch of 100 SS adds.

I can confirm this.

I got into Beta in the initial round of 100 Safety Score peeps.

I have a Model 3 Performance, and did many, many launches. At the time, I mentioned this on the forums, and a guy said that he was "absolutely sure" that hard acceleration *was* counted against you in a super-secret section of the Safety Score. Surprisingly enough, he was wrong. ;)

I'm betting I had 50 max power 0-60 launches, and at least as many full on max throttle quarter mile runs (it's nice to live in the boonies... sometimes). No effect on SS, and as I said, I got FSD in the first batch of 100 SS adds.
I agree as well. I had my Plaid for 3 days before I opted in. Got 100 safety score in 8 days, which happened to be the Friday they pulled the first 💯. I drove like a crazy person, just made sure I had plenty of room for easy braking. Also drove 10 miles behind a semi at 60 mph to get the safe following.

Reactions: bizi and FSDIN2020!