Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.12.2 Expanding to 100k Cars! and 10.13 News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This afternoon, Elon tweeted announcing that 10.12.2 is now being released to 100k cars - and based on a lot of new threads being published today, it looks like a decent number of new owners have been finally accepted into the beta!
Screen Shot 2022-06-04 at 8.24.27 PM.png

In addition to this, he shared the new improvements for 10.13, most importantly being long lefts (which many here on TMC have had issues with) and starting to handle roads without any map data. He claims that within a few months, FSD will be able to navigate to a GPS point w/o any map data.

Some first impressions from new testers:

Last edited:
Perhaps, but I am safer with a drunk driver in the city than with the latest FSD.
If there was ever a hyperbole...

I see what you're trying to do there, qualifying your hyperbole with "in the city" to make it a bit more legitimate - you're implying "at low speed". But the funny thing is that a DRUNK driver wouldn't give a f* about speed limit, or where he is. Yes, you'll be faster with a drunk driver, getting to your destination, assuming you're still alive. But "safer", LOL. I'll take FSD any day in exchange of you riding with a drunk driver, but I doubt that sounds fair in your mind.

FSDb does a lot of things "wrong", but one of its primary directives is to avoid accidents, especially fatal ones. That's why you see a lot of indecision, stopping in the middle of something, or phantom breaking. Another example that EVERYONE has experienced using FSDb is when the car in front slows down and turns right into a shopping center, FSDb won't start to accelerate until almost a full sec after the entire car clears the lane. Normal drivers would never do that. We anticipate. But FSDb doesn't. I'm sure it could technically, but it takes the safer approach.

I totally agree with your second sentence about the purpose of the forum and facilitating improvement, but I'm scratching my head about how the two statements are part of the same paragraph. o_O

I have had FSD10.12 for several days now

And it still uses the turn signal when there is simply a bend on the road.

As I understand things, FSD 10.12 and mainline software (2022.16.x for example) uses different code, but this ^^^ exactly.

On the interstate on a recent drive, 2022.16.1.1 NoA activated the *left* turn signal when merely “passing” an exit off-ramp to my right, while I was continuing forward at the speed limit in the slow lane (right lane of two). As if the car was suggesting I “take a left” to continue straight in my lane rather than take the exit to the right.

This happened a couple times, even with trucks just entering my blind spot behind me to the left to pass me in the fast lane. I’m sure I looked clueless to cars behind me to be signaling out of a lane where no one was in front of me.

I like having a choice to ignore suggested lane changes on NoA. I think I'd like that option on FSD street too, although I've cancelled it in time on streets and occ it got the message and just stayed in my preferred lane.
Also, it seems harder to tug at the wheel to let it know your still there then it does on NoA on the freeway? Find my self having to do it 3 times sometimes and occasionally throwing it out of FSD.

10.12 trashed my FSD beta. Almost immediately started throwing false "disengaged" warnings and by the 2nd day I was "unenrolled due to unsafe driving" practices. Was having my front control arms replaced due to squeak/groan and had service look at it. They supposedly replaced some cameras including the interior cabin camera which had been throwing warnings ever since it was turned on. But in the end they couldn't get me re-enrolled and so 10.12 "bricked" my FSD and hear I wait for 10.13. Perhaps in "2 weeks" it will be here! :rolleyes:

New to TeslaFi but the fleet software update data seems confusing. For instance, there are references to on this forum, and "not a tesla app" shows only 1 vehicle downloaded FSDb 10.13 ie 2022.16.3.5, but in the attached image from TesalFi there are multiple downloads of "2022.16.3." Is that an earlier build than .5? Or is that FSD 10.13? What's the correct interpretation?

Attachments

• 2022.16.3 downloads.png
    2022.16.3 downloads.png
    254.3 KB · Views: 47
  • Informative
Reactions: jeremymc7
New to TeslaFi but the fleet software update data seems confusing. For instance, there are references to on this forum, and "not a tesla app" shows only 1 vehicle downloaded FSDb 10.13 ie 2022.16.3.5, but in the attached image from TesalFi there are multiple downloads of "2022.16.3." Is that an earlier build than .5? Or is that FSD 10.13? What's the correct interpretation?
The “.5” is FSD “10.13”. .3 is a public build a lot of folks are on.