Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD BETA 10.12 FAILS POLL

What have you noticed FSD Beta 10.12 consistently gets wrong?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Polls are hard. The two most common problems I have aren't listed:

1) since 10.2 when on FSD beta (city street mode) if going over 40 or so it will accelerate toward a red light not too far ahead with cars stopped then slow agressively (but ultimately safely) to get to 0mph a exactly a couple of feet behind the closest car. No human driver ever does this and it freaks out everyone in the car (including the driver) because it feels like its planning to ram the stopped car. Its uncomfortable (aggressive braking) when there's no one at the red light, but not nearly as freaky. At slower speeds it does feel natural and mostly acts like a human would in these situations (it should burn off energy sooner and coast most slowly to stop by my tastes, but plenty of people zoom up to a stop and brake hard to save time, but its not scary at 35 and under).

2) Similar to Chuck's left turn loop video just after 10.2 came out, when I'm in a benign spot (residential, no one around, curbs and lines) and going 25-30 it will violently turn toward the right and the beta crashes (the s/w) -- red take control immediately with lots of loud alert sounds. If I wasn't paying attention it clearly would drive on someones lawn or hit the curb or a pedestrian if one was there. I haven't let it of course.

On the highway stack far and away the main problem is it freaking out when it sees shadows under bridges and slams on the brakes. Its not extremely common (happened maybe 10 times in 3000 miles of driving on a recent road trip), but its the worst thing it does on the highway repeatably for me.

• Informative
Reactions: Dewg
On the highway stack far and away the main problem is it freaking out when it sees shadows under bridges and slams on the brakes. Its not extremely common (happened maybe 10 times in 3000 miles of driving on a recent road trip), but its the worst thing it does on the highway repeatably for me.
That feels a lot like before I was invited into FSD Beta and had radar phantom braking at overpasses and large freeway signs. Once I went vision-only those got better, and now I rarely get them. I wonder if radar is still engaging on your car when on the AP/NoA stack.

My car consistently runs red lights. Solid red lights show up on the visualization as blinking red lights and the car tries to run them after stopping initially (the car thinks its a stop sign?). Does anyone else consistently have this issue? I only started having this issue after getting FSD beta (10.12.2), did not have this problem when I had regular old non-beta FSD.

My car consistently runs red lights. Solid red lights show up on the visualization as blinking red lights and the car tries to run them after stopping initially (the car thinks its a stop sign?). Does anyone else consistently have this issue? I only started having this issue after getting FSD beta (10.12.2), did not have this problem when I had regular old non-beta FSD.
The only time my car has run a red was once when it missed the yellow light estimate by just a hair. Or so it seemed to me. It's pretty scary how well it makes the go/no-go decision.

I don’t have consistent issues with any of the things listed. I’ve had it try to run a red light once. It gets the speed limit wrong at times, but that’s not a FSDb issue - TACC does the same and it’s an issue with the map database, not the software. Ditto ‘slamming on the brakes for no apparent reason’ - TACC perfected that long before FSDb was released. It’s actually getting better, though.

The single biggest problem with FSDb is lane selection. It will regularly get confused when approaching a turn lane and veer into the turn lane rather than going straight like it should. I’ve also had some occasional issues with it not yielding appropriately on right turns.

most consistent feature of all releases of FSDb I've had (since 10.3) has been its inability to slow down properly when speed limits change.
Its great going upwards from 30-40 for example, but its completely illegal 95% of the time when the speed limit drops.
One road I travel very frequently drops from 50-40 and goes from 4 lane to 2 lane, having driven 1/2 mile after the 40mph sign and the car is still doing 47. Only other cars a traffic control stops it.
Cops around here are less than forgiving with speeding, so I always hit the camera button to report it then cancel FSDb and re-engage.