Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting that Elon says "wide release" to all beta participants is expected later this year. So Tesla is going to wait several months before expanding it to all beta testers? Why wait so long? Is 10.12 single stack or something where they need to do a lot of testing with a limited group?
I wouldn’t call 100,000 testers a limited group, in that it’s not small.

However, technically it is limited because it is not the full group of people who WANT to test.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t call 100,000 testers a limited group, in that it’s not small.

However, technically it is limited because it is not the full group of people who WANT to test.

I could be wrong but I don't think the initial release of 10.12 will go to 100,000 testers. Elon says the initial release will only go to testers with high safety scores. So 10.12 will probably go to a smaller group first and then expand for there.

I could be wrong but I don't think the initial release of 10.12 will go to 100,000 testers. Elon says the initial release will only go to testers with high safety scores. So 10.12 will probably go to a smaller group first and then expand for there.
After all, who knows what Tesla is tracking with the FSD Beta data, maybe they somehow rank us all based on reports/miles on FSD/disengagements/etc...

After all, who knows what Tesla is tracking with the FSD Beta data, maybe they somehow rank us all based on reports/miles on FSD/disengagements/etc...
I report something almost every drive still, and usually have one or two take overs (especially if I’m driving home, because the main road by my home still confuses FSD even with solid lines) - I’ve been on the slower update path (a day or two behind the tweets from other testers) the past couple of updates it seems, when I used to get them right at release.

I almost think it may anti-intervention bias. I mean, I never have a zero intervention drive, not only because after 7 revisions FSD beta still can't turn into or out of my neighborhood, but because I keep a tight grip on the wheel and don't let it get itself into trouble. I don't think I would ever let it curb the tires like it did for that model S in the Twitter video.

There's definitely a core group of about 10,000 beta testers that seem to get every release first, and only every third revision or so seems to go out to the wider 60,000 or 100,000 group of beta testers. Just hard to square those two groups to Elon's comments in re. 10.12.

Reactions: 2101Guy
It has never been confirmed that my name is Bill.

Back on topic.. kinda.

My experiences line up so well with what others have reported with this version of FSD that I just don't have anything to add, unfortunately.

Looking forward to the next round of entertainment...
471E2998-A7A2-460E-8929-007AD4934AC5.jpeg

What experiences do you have with this version if this version isn’t out yet? Or am I missing something lol

So, they are really doing all the Beta 11 improvements in 10.x and reserving 11 for "single stack". Good move. Get all the important updates first and leave the marketing ones for later.

Next release (10.12) is another step towards all NN’s using surround video & reconciling output to a unified vector space for control code. Improves complex intersections in heavy traffic.

From the 11 thread here are the important improvements I've noted.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial <-- This has been started in earlier releases
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN <-- This has been started in earlier releases
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN <-- This is getting done in 10.12
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image <-- This has been started in earlier releases
- Change from single image perception to surround video <-- This is getting done in 10.12
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

While 10.11.2 (moderator edit) has some improvements one regression has been a surprise. On the highway when the right hand lane widens from an on ramp FSD/NoA fairly consistently tries to use the wider lane when it shouldn't and then jerks back when the wider lane narrows. Very odd. Have others seen it? Similar to how NoA handled this situation when first released.

Last edited by a moderator:
While 10.12 has some improvements one regression has been a surprise. On the highway when the right hand lane widens from an on ramp FSD/NoA fairly consistently tries to use the wider lane when it shouldn't and then jerks back when the wider lane narrows. Very odd. Have others seen it? Similar to how NoA handled this situation when first released.
No one here (other than if a Tesla inside engineer employee is trolling) has 10.12. It is “supposed” to be released later this week if debugging goes well. That was from Elon so take it with a huge non-commitment

So I just got a strike against me yesterday. I was using FSD and suddenly I got the red steering wheel of death. The screen may have flashes blue without my noticing because it was late afternoon and I was driving into the sun, but there were definitely no beeps or any other warnings. Has anyone else had this problem? I had a problem with random time outs several months ago (last fall) but it seemed like they had fixed the issue. Until now.

So I just got a strike against me yesterday. I was using FSD and suddenly I got the red steering wheel of death. The screen may have flashes blue without my noticing because it was late afternoon and I was driving into the sun, but there were definitely no beeps or any other warnings. Has anyone else had this problem? I had a problem with random time outs several months ago (last fall) but it seemed like they had fixed the issue. Until now.

Happened to me on 10.10.2. No warning just red flash of death. So I disengaged and it noted a strike against me. But I’m not sure if it was reset in 10.11.2 because I don’t see the strike message anymore