Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’ll probably be late tonight to select people then maybe Thursday .1 and next weekend .2. Just guessing
I think it’ll be at least 2 weeks before the .2 update. Based on recent experience it could easily be 4 - 6 weeks before they release that point release. Also wouldn’t be surprised if they have major issues and skip 10.12.2 and just reset the whole process on 10.13, delaying new user additions for another 2+ months.

Damn you Elon! I was finally at peace with turning off the safety score to enjoy my car. Now I need to maintain it for another week or 2 or 5 or 10. We know how this goes. 🤦🏾‍♂️
Just my 2 cents - my Tesla was an absolute joy to drive yesterday after opting out. Not worrying about touching the brake pedal, actually getting a feel for the cars cornering ability, and not being bothered about being cut-off… it was great. The car is so nimble!

Now that we know we won’t get added till 10.12.2, makes it even easier to stay safety score free until then. Just keep an ear to the ground/Twitter and opt back in a couple days before a forecast 10.12.2 release.

Just my 2 cents - my Tesla was an absolute joy to drive yesterday after opting out. Not worrying about touching the brake pedal, actually getting a feel for the cars cornering ability, and not being bothered about being cut-off… it was great. The car is so nimble!

Now that we know we won’t get added till 10.12.2, makes it even easier to stay safety score free until then. Just keep an ear to the ground/Twitter and opt back in a couple days before a forecast 10.12.2 release.
How long does your safety score need to be established for. Is it based on a 30 day period or 200 miles?

Does the Safety Score metric collection cease when you opt out or does it continue collecting data although hiding the score? In other words, it still tracks you but it just does not display the results until reactivated.

How long does your safety score need to be established for. Is it based on a 30 day period or 200 miles?

It’s based off the last 30 days. I’ve heard rumors that you needed at least 100 scores miles to have a chance at being granted the beta. Back when folks were being let in, at least one person drove 100 miles in one go, put it in park, and got the beta a day or two later.

Does the Safety Score metric collection cease when you opt out or does it continue collecting data although hiding the score? In other words, it still tracks you but it just does not display the results until reactivated.

Safety Score no longer shows up in my app. Others have stated that if you rejoin, previously scored drives within the last 30 days will show up again, I.e. you can’t reset your score that way. I’m pretty sure my drives won’t count while opted out, but I’m going to opt-in again later this week just to make sure. I’ll report back what I learn.

It’s based off the last 30 days. I’ve heard rumors that you needed at least 100 scores miles to have a chance at being granted the beta. Back when folks were being let in, at least one person drove 100 miles in one go, put it in park, and got the beta a day or two later.

Safety Score no longer shows up in my app. Others have stated that if you rejoin, previously scored drives within the last 30 days will show up again, I.e. you can’t reset your score that way. I’m pretty sure my drives won’t count while opted out, but I’m going to opt-in again later this week just to make sure. I’ll report back what I learn.
I think It used to reset things when you opted out then back in but people were using it as a loophole to ‘erase’ collision warnings, etc, so Tesla changed it so it remembers.

So if I opt in and go drive 100 miles in a few days, they are allowing individuals to enter the program, and I get a high enough safety score, that will get me in? We are going on a road trip June 7th, would be awesome to have beta before then. If I need to be opted in for a minimum amount of days, I may just wait until we come back at the end of June to get hyper focused on the safety score.

So if I opt in and go drive 100 miles in a few days, they are allowing individuals to enter the program, and I get a high enough safety score, that will get me in? We are going on a road trip June 7th, would be awesome to have beta before then. If I need to be opted in for a minimum amount of days, I may just wait until we come back at the end of June to get hyper focused on the safety score.
No one in the US has been added to the beta since Christmas as far as anyone can tell. I highly doubt new folks will be added to the beta before June 7th, but I could always be wrong.

Honestly, the beta won’t make much of a difference on your road trip, either. On highways & interstates all cars still use the non-beta version of FSD capability, otherwise known as Navigate On Autopilot. At least until the fabled “single stack” happens, which no one can predict.

Once 10.12.2 releases, then 100 miles and a 95+ safety score *might* get you into the program. It’s been so long since anyone, besides a few thousand Canadians, has been granted the beta, no one really knows what logic Tesla will use to add new folks again.

Just one more regular update and Beta will be completely off the TeslaFi Software tracker page. :eek:🤣

Screen Shot 2022-05-16 at 6.20.49 AM.png