Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Safety Score no longer shows up in my app. Others have stated that if you rejoin, previously scored drives within the last 30 days will show up again, I.e. you can’t reset your score that way. I’m pretty sure my drives won’t count while opted out, but I’m going to opt-in again later this week just to make sure. I’ll report back what I learn.

Reporting back. I opted back in about 30 mins prior to my commute. Only my return home counted for score, and surprisingly all my last scored drives were gone. It was a full reset of my safety score. Of note, I’ve been out of the beta queue for 4 days. Maybe if you’re out of the queue long enough, it resets. No clue. Just my experience. YMMV.

Reporting back. I opted back in about 30 mins prior to my commute. Only my return home counted for score, and surprisingly all my last scored drives were gone. It was a full reset of my safety score. Of note, I’ve been out of the beta queue for 4 days. Maybe if you’re out of the queue long enough, it resets. No clue. Just my experience. YMMV.
I opted out last Thursday for two days. It never reset my score. It just stopped scoring my drives.

1 pending update, daaaang
Just wanted to point out something about using TeslaFi as a data source
In some other thread someone said Elon was lying about having 100k cars in FSD beta, so I did some simple beermat math to figure it out.
Lowball number of Teslas at about 1.5million
Current TeslaFi cars - about 18k
so thats about 1.2%
2500 cars in current FSD beta is 1.2% of about 200k cars - need to adjust for likelihood that FSD beta user is more likely to have TeslaFi though.

All that to try help make sense of the seemingly small numbers we see looking at the various versions.

So....
using that beermat math 1 car is about 80-ish cars :cool:
or it could just be one car :D

Omar also selectively edits and speeds up to gloss over things.

The one story I've told before is a couple years ago (before beta was a thing) he posted a super-sped-up video on twitter claiming his Tesla drove him to his favorite restaurant with no interventions.

A friend (non owner who wanted a Tesla) very excitedly showed it to me- sure that robotaxis were here.

Again- this was before the beta- so I knew he (Omar) was lying.

Sure enough if you slowed down the video enough you'd catch the AP icon turning off every time the car made a turn at an intersection- which I did and explained what that meant to the friend.

Someone pointed this out to Omar and he claimed he just meant no unexpected ones and all the ones he knew he would have to do didn't count or some such nonsense.

There's any number of folks making good videos on performance of AP/FSD. Omar isn't one of them.

Just wanted to point out something about using TeslaFi as a data source
In some other thread someone said Elon was lying about having 100k cars in FSD beta, so I did some simple beermat math to figure it out.
Lowball number of Teslas at about 1.5million
Current TeslaFi cars - about 18k
so thats about 1.2%
2500 cars in current FSD beta is 1.2% of about 200k cars - need to adjust for likelihood that FSD beta user is more likely to have TeslaFi though.

All that to try help make sense of the seemingly small numbers we see looking at the various versions.

So....
using that beermat math 1 car is about 80-ish cars :cool:
or it could just be one car :D

But I think there were 2500 cars in FSD Beta back when there were 60k total FSD beta users, and more or less the same number when Elon posted the claim of 100k beta users.